Lakewood, WA
Fort Steilacoom Park - Northwest Share

One time-1000 baskets

1    6/12/2013   6/12/2013
Review By: longandwrong
Pros: Baskets and pads everywhere and I'm just talking about the Northwest course. There are two other courses here. Some very great looking holes, some very challenging holes, and one great across a canyon hole. Need to know the course or you are lost!!! Lost!!! Lost. Try to get someone with you who has played the course.
Cons: #1 con...no signs pointing to next pads and some of these pads are way hidden. #2...no arrows pointing to basket locations---well there are some but they are wrong! No trash cans---so pack you need to pack your trash out...easy.
Other Thoughts: We were lucky. We were searching for #3 pad when a couple said they would show us the way. If they hadn't we would never have played the 'official' course. Many people playing there had their own course laid out. One foursome was behind us about 3 holes then in front of us for a couple then we passed them on another hole---they were having great fun anyway.
I read were there is a lot of vandalism here...that's sad. It would be great to have a box with maps but the creeps would ruin that.
I did have a great round and a lot of fun. Will play it again when in Tacoma area.

Noob Review

1    7/8/2012   7/10/2012
Review By: Redleg
Pros: I traveled in from Illinois and found this course here on DGCR. There are a huge number of holes here. I played 27 holes and I know I did not throw at every basket I saw! Every place I tee'd from was concrete. They use the terrain in an outstanding manner. They use the vegitation and elevation at every opportunity. Many holes to challeng all levels of play. There were also benches in many locations, a great place to take a breather as you try to play all these holes.
Cons: Signage and Maps! if you are a "Noob" to the course there is no way to be able to follow the course. There are many differeent styles of baskets, not a big con but I like seeing the same style of basket on a course. Basket #s very few have numbers on them and there are several holes where there are multipule baskets in view from the tee that could be used and no way to determine which one is the correct one. There was an unsual amount of trash on the course and few places to dispose of it. They also have different course lay outs that use the same baskets, you can end up crossing eachothers paths during play or playing the same baskets from different tees at the same time.
Other Thoughts: The local players have a gold mine here. So many holes to play from so many different tees. I gave it a middle of the road rating but it would be very easy to increase it. Better signs, course maps, get it cleaned up. If it had those 3 things, it could easily be a 4.

Fort Stilly

5+    8/11/2010   9/8/2010
Review By: ShibbyStan
Pros: Big course with multiple holes and fairly local.
Cons: Because of vandalism some baskets have been stolen and signs destroyed so it can be kind of confusing on where to go.
Other Thoughts: Fairly good course to play. Wish it was better kept up by players tho. Pick up your trash people and respect your local courses!