Pros: (0.000 Rating) Trilogy School DGC no longer appears to be a course, and was recently relisted as a practice area.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is near impossible unless you leave one behind on accident.
- CHAINS - They are in good condition. They are DISCatchers, so the chains are heavy.
- GROW THE SPORT - No doubt will these baskets aid in growing the sport by offering easy access to learn the game at school events.
Cons: Oh where to begin...
- CHARACTER - There is none, just baskets in a field.
- TEES AREA - There aren't any, it's improvisation only. Note, the baskets are about 350 feet apart if you play basket to basket.
- # OF BASKETS - I only found 2 of the 4 baskets that supposedly exist. Perhaps I didn't stay long enough to find the other two, but, after throwing back and forth a few times, it got old real quick.
- MAINTENANCE - The grounds had not been mowed in a while when I stopped by. Over knee high grass in areas.
- RAW BEAUTY - About as awful as one could envision. When playing between the two baskets, one play is towards a billboard that's in major disrepair and an eyesore.
- WIND - Due to the lack of trees wind will likely be an issue as well.
Other Thoughts: I figured I'd check to see if this place was still as bad as the other reviews had suggested. I can only conclude that it is worse now than before. The old course appears to be abandoned, however practicing your game here is still very much a possibility.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Though this more of a practice area than a course, it is possible to play from hole to hole here. Essentially tee off in the area of the previous basket and you can play a quick set of three easy holes. (I never found a fourth basket.) It's too bad there isn't a fourth one somewhere that would allow you to loop the baskets, because playing from 3 to 1 is just the reverse of the third and second fairways. In essence, it's a nice, open area to throw discs with a few baskets.
The first hole, teeing off from where I parked, is actually quite long, with some rough to the right of the cleanly-mowed fairway. The basket is tucked into the woods near the edge of the property with some trees making some approached difficulty.
The second, from the first basket, continues the trend of rough dominating the right of the fairway, but it's much shorter.
The third is the coolest hole here, with a nice curve necessary to place a shot well or a thick evergreen will block the path to the basket.
After playing those three, I emptied my bag, throwing back across the field towards my car.
Cons: It's....a practice area. Really not worth the time to drive to if you have an empty field anywhere closer. Then again, it does increase your play count. So by all means, spend ten minutes on the way back from Jonesville and check the course off your list.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
13 Helpful / 4 Not
This is not a disc golf course
Pros: Four baskets provide a place to come practice.
Cons: Four baskets do not make a course.
Other Thoughts: This should not be listed on the site. Don't waste your time.
I'm sure I'll get dinged as "not helpful", but the point is that I don't want anyone to waste their time driving to check this out or even reading a lengthy description of the property.
13 of 17 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 1 Not
I am the one and only
Pros: This is a place to come practice on decent baskets or have a shootout with some friends. Its wide open with one hole tucked back in some trees. Maybe use the billboard that runs along I-75 as an obstacle. All you have going here is imagination.
Cons: This is really no more than a practice ground with no clear tee markings.
Other Thoughts: 4 baskets. Play them as you like. Seems like the people who work here don't mind just don't be here during school hours which must be weekdays until at least 3?
9 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.