Overland Park, KS
Blue Valley of Kansas Share
Uploaded By: jbradley266 Hole #17 (Taken 10/2010)

< Prev 1 2 3
Blue Valley Beauty

1    2/14/2018   2/19/2018
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Blue Valley of Kansas is a intermediate level disc golf course that is really fun. It is short and sweet, with tons of birdies waiting to be made. There is a few wooded holes, and several that are mostly open. The more open holes feature moderate elevation changes in many cases.

There are stone blocks next to each tee, and a tee sign. The baskets were in good shape. Layout is compact and easy to follow.

All of the holes are par 3 and under 300 feet. On a good day it would not be hard to shoot a score in the 40's. An excellent beginners course, with good holes for learning the fundamentals of disc control and shot shaping.

I really liked the way the contours of the land were used to keep the fairways varied and interesting. Hole 1 is a good example, with a pin on top of a ridge that leaves a tough surface to land a drive right under the basket. Hole 5 is a fun downhill drive that is open down the middle. There are some good holes with tunnels in the woods like 7. 11 is a fun dogleg right with the target on the side of a berm. 16 is wide open, with an undulating fairway and tall grass if you get too far away from the pin.
Cons: The dirt tees are well worn and rutted badly on a couple of holes. I would still rate this course 3.5 if concrete tees were poured.

Google Maps took brought me close, but I had to look for the correct parking lot. I drove to the track at the other nearby school, and spent some time trying to find the course. Playing this close to a school takes some of my methods of relaxing on the course out of the picture. I finished right as school let out, and there was some traffic from parents picking up children, but not terrible.

It is not high in difficulty. If you are looking for a challenge, there are lots of better options nearby.
Other Thoughts: I would love to spend an afternoon here on a nice day. The wind wasn't bad when I played on Valentine's Day 2018, and the temperature had risen all the way to 50 degrees.

I started good with 4 birdies on the front nine, but I missed several birdie putts. I was 3 over on the back nine. Under par is always good for me, but I know I could do better.

Blue Valley of Kansas has a good fun factor. It is definitely worth a visit, but there are several other courses in the area that I would prioritize.

Great small course

5+    8/15/2017   8/15/2017
Review By: joshmv
Other Thoughts: This is my home course so I play it all the time. It's kept in good condition there's always people on the course. The tee boxes are in rough shape, but there is a few guys working on fixing them right now. It's great if you like short courses.

Another secret gem in KS

2-4    8/12/2017   8/12/2017
Review By: Jjburleson
Pros: Short technical course
Plenty of different lines to throw
Can see most if not all baskets from the tee offs
Short grass where they want you throw and tall grass where they don't want you to throw
Good mixture of wide open fairways and wooded window throws
Good for all skill levels
45 minutes to go through all 18 by yourself
Good elevation changes
Cons: Tee pads consist of dirt and rocks which makes for a tough place to gain stability when throwing
No picture of each hole, just footage on each sign
A few baskets have a decent amount of wear and tear and should be replaced
Hole 18 is near the road which can be distracting or dangerous
Other Thoughts: I ended up having enough time to play though all 18 twice by myself and tried a couple different lines the second time around and still had fun challenging myself to make par or better. The elevation changes made a few holes especially difficult to navigate but still keep you on your toes with every throw you make. I will definitely be visiting his disc golf course again in the future.

OK Course

1    2/18/2017   2/18/2017
Review By: SirDreward
Pros: - Well kept baskets
- Rocks at the "tee pads" to sit stuff our yourself on
- Some baskets have trash cans
- Fairly easily to navigate
- In an overall nice area
- Fairly hard to lose a disc
Cons: - Signage on the course not all that helpful
- Tee pads consist of washed out dirt
Other Thoughts: A good course for beginners. An OK course that could be a good course with a little polish.

Needs TLC

5+    7/1/2016   7/2/2016
Review By: Noven
Pros: Short, quick course. Mix of open holes and trees.
Cons: This course needs some serious care. All of the signs are either broken or pulled out of the ground laying down. There are no markers for some tees and the mulch tees are horrible. Some are just little rivets in the ground that aren't safe. It's quite obvious no one has maintained this course in years.
Other Thoughts: A shame no one has touched this course in years. Could be a nice little course with proper maintenance.

Fun simple course

1    6/18/2015   6/20/2015
Review By: luchalibrarian
Pros: Easy to follow course layout.
Short and good for beginners or those wanting quick play.
Nice location outside of town, quiet and relaxing.
Mowed fairways and quite clean.
Cons: Wide open areas had no shade.
Some holes are very close to the road, if you're not paying attention to traffic you could hit a car or get a disc run over, especially those of us who are novice players.
While the fairways were mowed, there was a lot of rough, and I saw no reason it should not have been mowed (though it could have been due to recent rains, as a few areas were "swampy"). I lost two discs and had to cut my run short. One completely disappeared and another I could see but not get to. If mowing had been complete this wouldn't have been a problem.
Other Thoughts: If I make it back to the Kansas City area I definitely want to play this course again!

Good for practice

5+    10/3/2014   10/3/2014
Review By: akray21
Pros: - This is a great course when you have a spare 45 minutes to play.
- Great course to practice short mid rage/ approach shots.
- There are some real technical shots on some holes that help you build your game.
- Very little time looking for discs.
Cons: - No real tee pads. They tried to put in mulch tee pads, but they are always worn out and almost unplayable. I usually just throw next to, or behind the actual tee box.
- No opportunity to pull out a driver (or even a fairway).
Other Thoughts: - I love playing this course when I only have about an hour to play, or when I want to practice shorter shots.

Fun and easy

1    7/9/2014   7/9/2014
Review By: hnosaj
Pros: Good mix/variety. Hard to loose a disc. Rough was recently cut down.
Cons: A lot of trash today. Tee boxes like everyone else mentioned.
Other Thoughts: Wife loves it and I love tossing midrange discs all over the place. We'll likely be playing this one a lot.

Good for a quick round!

1    7/1/2014   7/1/2014
Review By: chaddyboy_2000
Pros: A great beginner course as everyone says. It's also still fun for intermediate players, as the course offers a decent mix of open shots, tunnel shots, and shots that require hyzer/anhyzer. So, for a short course with no alternate pins, it actually plays with a decent variety.

Navigating this course is also super easy, as the distance from each pin to the next tee is really short and obvious in almost all cases. The signage is also half way decent, although getting a bit worn and faded.
Cons: No real bomb shots for those that just want to let it rip. It would have been nice to have a couple longer holes, as it's fairly easy to overshoot everything as an intermediate player.

The tee boxes are super vague, just an area of mulch/dirt that is rather large, and likely continually growing as people wear out the area. If you're not taking things seriously, it doesn't matter at all, but I guess I could see it bothering some people.
Other Thoughts: I live within 10 minutes of the course, and it's fun enough to play where I'll be adding it to my course rotation. However, I likely wouldn't go out of my way to play it if it wasn't right here.

Overall, just a decent, quick round of disc golf.

Great Course But un-mowed

5+    5/22/2014   5/23/2014
Review By: raiders24182
Pros: Hole in one opportunity on every hole.
Great Beginner course but offers enough of a challenge to bring experienced players back
Cons: Hasnt been mowed recently.
TICKS GALORE
Other Thoughts: I HATE TICKS.
PLEASE MOW THE COURSE 1 time a week.

I called blue valley district school and found out that the grass is scheduled to be mowed on 5/24 in the morning.

Here is the phone number any time someone has a problem with the grass. 913-239-4121

< Prev 1 2 3