Got Hiking Boots!
Pros: - great workout, be ready for a hike, especially the back nine
- beautiful scenery, really like holes 13, 14 and 18!!!
- elevation change on most holes, some extreme
- has some really cool over the canyon throws that are unique and challenging
- the tee pads are now covered with rubber matting
Cons: - I could see how wind would make this course down right mean
Other Thoughts: - this course is a gem and is rightfully nicknamed
- as a beginner with a month of playing, I shot a 15 over, driving distance and accuracy a must to lower scores
- will drive the two hours to play this course again and again
- the park staff was very friendly and informative...I really want to put a thanks out to the park ranger who took a few minutes to give a few instructions on how to get more distance to my wife and I who just picked up the game
2 Helpful / 0 Not
I got massacred!
Pros: *Beautiful scenery and nice campsites.
*Elevation change on almost all holes.
*Has some really cool over the canyon throws that are unique.
*There is a nice short 9 hole beginner course (all holes <200') near the gift shop that also has some impressive high-desert scenery.
Cons: *Heavy brush, so you should take turns spotting if you're playing with others. You will probably spend alot of time hunting discs if you are alone.
*Several blind tee shots.
*The wind can be strong here, so check the weather forecast first.
Other Thoughts: This is a very unique and challenging course. I shot +6 and felt pretty good about it. If you can shoot under par here, you've got some skills! Players who are used to well manicured park settings will be quite surprised when they drive up to tee 1. Definitely plan on stopping by if you're passing through.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.