5 Helpful / 0 Not
Home Made Course
Pros: This course plays directly through the camp grounds. It is a home made course that does not have much DG experience put into it. However it is enjoyable enough to play a round if you are staying at the camp for the night.
1. The course is very easy to follow and you will not get lost. Each tee is located very close to the previous pin.
2. There is a variety of terrian at the camp, they us some elevation, trees, and alot of the camp buildings that make up some interesting looks that you dont see at other courses.
3. It is a realtivly easy course which makes it ideal for summer campers and weekend retreat groups to enjoy a full 18 holes.
4. Hole's # 8, 9, & 10 are by far the best on the course, they each have a different look at the basket and make for about the only line shaping on the course.
Cons: The biggest down fall for an avid DGer is that the course is located on the camp grounds. It is evident that a non DGer put the course in the ground with very little thought to difficulty or exciting holes.
1. Tee Pads: There are no tee pads marked on the course. There are posts with the number for the hole to indicate where to throw from but nothing more.
2. Baskets: The baskets are all the same but are home made. They resemble a typical basket but lack in about everything. They do not catch well, the bucket is very thin and shaped oddly. They are also very tall for your average basket.
3. There is a lack of overall enjoyability to this course. There really are only 3 holes that I would enjoy playing more than a few times. The remander of the holes are very easy and dont present a challenge at all. Most holes are straight shots with not alot of obstruction
4. Because the course runs through the camp you are going to wait on cars, people, and anything else that might pop up.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is not a horrible course. The course has been set up to accomidate weekend retreats and summer campers, not avid DGers, with that in mind this can be a enjoyable outing if you are planning on attending an event at Camp Tejas. I would not recomend going out of your way to play this course as you will most likely be disappointed.
To sum up my review, this is a fun quick course that does not hold much challenge. If you are at camp for a retreat its worth a play, if not dont bother.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.