Briarcliff, TX
Briarcliff DGC Share

Interesting neighborhood course

1    3/6/2018   3/9/2018
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: wide variety of holes
Has a practice basket
Cons: Dirt tee pads marked with logs
No tee signs
baskets that have numbers on them are not always the right number
long walk to hole 1, then from 6 to 7
Other Thoughts: First off, download UDisc app, excellent map that I was able to use to find all the tee's and baskets. And yes, you need it to find a few of the holes that are well hidden.

This is not a "public" course in that the park is owned by the residential neighborhood and not the city. But there are no gates and no one bothered us as we played.

Hole 1 throws across a flood plain that might be a pond parts of the year.
Hole 2 throws back across parallel to 1. Both holes have decent distance and guarded baskets.
Hole 3 throws down to a group of trees.
Hole 4 was tough to find, the tee was to the right of basket 4, and is a dogleg right, over a large tree and over the edge of the earth damn. It is hidden in the woods, there is no clear shot.
Hole 5 tee is down a short path, it is actually platform on the hill, the basket is over the creek and back up the hill a little. The undergrowth is clear near the basket, but don't hit the line, you are in trouble. I did not see a line to the basket, just threw an upshot down the path and an upshot to the basket.
Then back out into the open, hole 6 is probably the longest hole throwing down the path to the basket near #2 tee box.

Then a long walk to 3 simple holes

#7 is a short slight right to left shot, the first half of the fairway is mowed, the 2nd half is natural and has some rough. (jeans recomended)
#8 throw deeper into the rough from the mowed area. Another shot similar to 7.

Then the shortest hole on the course, hole 9 is an under 200 foot shot from the rough area throwing across the small creek into an open area at the base of the damn for a small lake. I threw every disc I had on me running for an ace.

In all, not a bad course if you know where you are throwing.

Would I play here again.

No, while interesting, it is sort of out of the way to get too and you run the risk of being kicked out.

Could be decent, is not

1    5/27/2017   5/30/2017
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: -discatcher baskets in good condition
-has at least some tee areas marked (wooden frame)
-original marked tees had flat bricks with hole numbers (most are gone now)
-baskets tucked into small groups of trees
-back side plays along a small (mostly dry) creek
-mostly shorter holes with wooded greens, good for a small neighborhood park
Cons: -the layout is really tough to follow
-the baskets are not all numbered
-the tees are not all numbered
-the course is very overgrown
Other Thoughts: This course looks like it could be solid. It plays through a scrubby area between houses in a small residential area and alongside a very small community park. These two areas are separated by a small walk along a trail between houses (accessible from Kyle Dr. right by the park entrance). The discatchers are in good shape. Hole 7 plays near a creek and finishes under some trees. Hole 9 shoots through a small window across that creek, a cool ace run. The baskets are all tucked into clusters of trees that have probably grown a lot since the course was installed. Some of them are pretty crowded now with very low ceilings.

I had a really hard time figuring out the layout here. I saw basket 9 and the other basket nearby when I drove in to park but I started off by wandering into the wrong direction. I finally saw baskets 7 and 8 and realized the flow for holes 7-9. Then I found the trail across the street that leads to the other area and found four baskets and two tees which were all unmarked except for basket 3. I lost the will to go on at this point; it was 95 degrees and humid and there were more and better courses to go find.

I created a map for my best guess of the layout and uploaded it here. I know I didn't find all the baskets or tees but I hope it helps the next person figure it out. If you had a proper map of the layout and could find all the tees and baskets, this could easily be a 2.0 course. As of now, it's an unmarked mystery.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

1    3/11/2013   3/17/2013
Review By: tkmcdougal
Pros: They have nice DISCatchers, and hole 7( its marked 7 but I think it is really hole 6) was a fun hole. holes 6-9 were actually playable. They were extremely short but at least you had some sense of direction. However, that is all I can say about this course on a positive.
Cons: The first thing is the drive to the course threw the neighborhood is long and hard to access. Hole 1-5 are on the opposite side of the street through this path. There are no tee signs to give you any sense of direction. I found hole 1's tee pad and then just baskets randomly throughout the park. At the end I found hole 6's baskets but I have no idea were it was suppose to be pointed to. Because There are 4 baskets on the side of the road by the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: Only holes 6-9 are honestly playable everything else is just baskets in random spots with no tee pads anywhere to be seen. This course isn't really worth the time.