Briarcliff, TX

Share URL:

Could be decent, is not

1    5/27/2017   5/30/2017
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: -discatcher baskets in good condition
-has at least some tee areas marked (wooden frame)
-original marked tees had flat bricks with hole numbers (most are gone now)
-baskets tucked into small groups of trees
-back side plays along a small (mostly dry) creek
-mostly shorter holes with wooded greens, good for a small neighborhood park
Cons: -the layout is really tough to follow
-the baskets are not all numbered
-the tees are not all numbered
-the course is very overgrown
Other Thoughts: This course looks like it could be solid. It plays through a scrubby area between houses in a small residential area and alongside a very small community park. These two areas are separated by a small walk along a trail between houses (accessible from Kyle Dr. right by the park entrance). The discatchers are in good shape. Hole 7 plays near a creek and finishes under some trees. Hole 9 shoots through a small window across that creek, a cool ace run. The baskets are all tucked into clusters of trees that have probably grown a lot since the course was installed. Some of them are pretty crowded now with very low ceilings.

I had a really hard time figuring out the layout here. I saw basket 9 and the other basket nearby when I drove in to park but I started off by wandering into the wrong direction. I finally saw baskets 7 and 8 and realized the flow for holes 7-9. Then I found the trail across the street that leads to the other area and found four baskets and two tees which were all unmarked except for basket 3. I lost the will to go on at this point; it was 95 degrees and humid and there were more and better courses to go find.

I created a map for my best guess of the layout and uploaded it here. I know I didn't find all the baskets or tees but I hope it helps the next person figure it out. If you had a proper map of the layout and could find all the tees and baskets, this could easily be a 2.0 course. As of now, it's an unmarked mystery.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

1    3/11/2013   3/17/2013
Review By: tkmcdougal
Pros: They have nice DISCatchers, and hole 7( its marked 7 but I think it is really hole 6) was a fun hole. holes 6-9 were actually playable. They were extremely short but at least you had some sense of direction. However, that is all I can say about this course on a positive.
Cons: The first thing is the drive to the course threw the neighborhood is long and hard to access. Hole 1-5 are on the opposite side of the street through this path. There are no tee signs to give you any sense of direction. I found hole 1's tee pad and then just baskets randomly throughout the park. At the end I found hole 6's baskets but I have no idea were it was suppose to be pointed to. Because There are 4 baskets on the side of the road by the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: Only holes 6-9 are honestly playable everything else is just baskets in random spots with no tee pads anywhere to be seen. This course isn't really worth the time.