Tallahassee, FL
Jack McLean Park Share
Uploaded By: stsren Hole #9 (Taken 6/2010)

Tally-Ho!

1    3/10/2010   5/5/2010
Review By: TreeBurner
Pros: Some holes are pretty challenging and suprisingly long for par 3s. Fairways are tight on most holes and the "rough" is overgrown and unforgiving. By the 4th hole, I wasn't sure if I was playing a pure par 3 course or not. I managed a par on a 584ft hole and hit some beautiful long putts out there, but it was tough.24 holes in a small park. Not crowded at all. Most of the holes give you a reasonable line to carve out your drive, but there is a bit of variety so you will have to throw some different shot types.
Cons: Park has some questionable patrons that aren't exactly using the facilities. Hard to navigate the first time. It may take you longer to find the first tee than it will to play the rest of the round. However, if I had read these reviews prior to coming out I would have probably found that 1st tee.
Other Thoughts: Tree Hate!

Not My Cup of Tea

5+    5/1/2007   1/13/2010
Review By: melkman
Pros: -good potential to be a great course
-varying elevation
-easy to navigate
-good facilities
Cons: -HARD!!
-extremely wooded
-must be very precise or you'll be hunting for your disc.
Other Thoughts: I personally play disc golf because it is an extremely fun sport. For beginners and veterans alike. For me, this course just isn't fun. every shot is like threading a needle. if you're off by a few feet, then you're in deep woods. I spent more time looking for my discs then playing. I played this course a handful of times while living in Tallahassee when it was pretty new. They basically cut through a forest to make the holes. A great improvement would be to double or triple the width of most of the holes. There just isn't enough room for us non-pros. I haven't played there in a while so there is a good chance they've made some improvements. one of the other reviewers put it best "Obviously this is not beginner friendly, it may not have been designed for beginners, but I mention it for information sake, and I consider it always a negative when a course can't provide for multiple skill levels, unless clearly designed for tournament and professional play." I'm glad this wasn't my first course I played otherwise I might not of found out how much fun this sport can be.