Superior, WI
Mont du Lac - White Cedar Share
Uploaded By: discoholic Hole #16 (Taken 8/2011)
Hole #16 Approach (B Position)

Wow...

1    6/10/2015   6/11/2015
Review By: dethyr
Pros: This course really challenges the players. You need a serious mix of shots and discs to play it effectively and you need to do it precisely or you will spend a lot of time looking for discs. The design is really awesome as well. The tee pads are great and the chalet has great staff and great food.
Cons: The terrain makes this course a real chore to play, it's absolutely NOT for people that don't feel like a challenging hike along with their disc golf experience. I am in medium shape and by the end of Eagle's peak and white cedar I was done with a capital D. The ticks and skeeters are absolutely relentless as well. Bathe in bug dope before coming.
Other Thoughts: This course is hard, there's really no other way to put it. If you are gonna play here WATCH YOUR DRIVES all the way to the ground because the rough eats up discs. Be ready for a hike, bring a gallon of bug dope and a gallon of water.

1    7/5/2014   7/6/2014
Review By: Blaaaake77
Pros: - Great staff and service when we arrived and answered all questions (Road trip to play the course.)
- Very challenging.
- Extreme workout compared to courses I usually play at home.
- Gorgeous scenery and elevation changes.
- Campsites I believe were literally on the course, I believe.
- Very clean course, no trash on fairways and for the most part woods were kept nice as well.
- Lots of options to take breathers, we took plenty up and down.
Cons: - I slipped and fell and slide down some steep drop offs a few times, must sign a wavier before playing. So extreme terrain changes which can be dangerous so pay attention.
- Few holes are concrete pads, mostly were natural which makes sense being out on a mountain side.
- There was signage, but some were tough to follow along with.
- Lots of blind shots
- The climb was worth it, but if your looking for a causal round go else where.
Other Thoughts: I don't have a lot to add, the trip up to the course was worth it. I'm getting into a serous level of disc golf and this course whooped me. It was an extremely challenging course for me, but loved it. After walking 18 holes I'm glad we only did 18 I haven't hiked all year that was a great workout! If they had a little easier of walks up and down the mountain sides I would raise my vote but falling down a few of those bumped it down. Overall love this course will have to get back up here and try to beat the course instead of it beating me!

Beautiful and challenging

5+    5/16/2013   5/22/2013
Review By: Darkgreen
This review was updated on 5/17/2017
Pros: One of two great disc golf courses on site, three if you count the seven hole ace run/practice course. Eagle's Peak plays mostly on the ski hill while White Cedar plays on the scenically wooded ravines next to and behind the ski hill. You will love the way this course challenges you. This is the type of course that makes you feel proud when you hit the appropriate line and can make you pay when you do not. Still, this course is worth it for beginners to play because it forces you to think about your shot selection. There are a variety of shots that you will have to throw to get up and down.

I've played this course many times and it never gets old. I am still learning new routes and new strategies for many of the holes. You will want to re-play this course or make a return visit after you are done with your first 18.

A great course to play on windy days as many of the holes are somewhat protected by all of the trees.
Cons: There are a few holes that could use stairs. It can be a real adventure getting down some of the ravine slopes. Unfortunately for some holes I'm guessing this would take a major investment of manpower and time and with the floods from last June I can understand why the owners would think twice before adding improvements that could be washed away. However I think if done properly stairs or at least better trails could be added with a minimal risk of them getting washed out.

Some gaps are tight to the point where it might be asking a little much to hit. Some fairways have evenly spaced trees well down the fairway. Some fairways have skinny OB. All of this tips the scoring to random punishment at times.

The teepads are also on the skinny side.

More use could be gotten out of the disc golf section of the Mont du Lac website and it could be updated more often, but this a small thing and doesn't really affect the disc golf experience.

Other Thoughts: Make sure to pack appropriately for the season and the weather. You will be doing some hiking so make sure to bring plenty of water or even a sports beverage for the summer days. Good footwear is also recommended. It is a wooded course so bug spray is also a good idea for the warmer months.