Rogers, AR
Twin Creeks DGC Share
Uploaded By: bball7273 Hole #18 (Taken 3/2013)

< Prev 1 2 3
Nice little gem

1    7/23/2019   7/27/2019
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Cement tee pads
Tee signs
Decent use of the land and features
a few 2 shot holes
Cons: Few of the holes are along and across walking/bike paths. Had to wait on a couple of the holes for people to pass before I could throw the hole.
Basket on hole 9 was missing
Other Thoughts: This is a decent course for most players. It might be a little long on some of the holes for rec players, but it gave me a good challenge. Several holes follow the small creek, then some are big open shots.

I played from the tee signs marking the cement tee's. Most of the baskets were in the long positions, a couple were in the short. This gave me a couple of 2 shot holes.

There are several fun and interesting holes.

Hole 6 plays sidewalks OB, this gives you a narrow fairway near the basket.

Hole 7 is a risk reward shot, you have an ob pond right behind the basket on this shorter tunnel shot.

Hole 13 is a little crazy unless your a big arm player. you need to get up over the edge of the dam for the pond to get a good upshot.

Hole 14 is probably the worst hole on the course, the Tee and basket are both in a row of tree's, there is no "Line" to throw.

Hole 15 was another good 2 shot hole, the basket sits on the dam of the pond behind some tree's. Setting up your upshot and knowing where to land is important to get a 3 here. The basket is on the slope so an overthrow puts you down the hill and possibly into the rough.

Hole 16 was a decent hole, out of my range, but a row of trees crosses the fairway, you want to clear these for a decent upshot to a basket on top of a mound.

Would I play here again. Yes, this is a decent course, not quite as good as JB Hunt or Brentwood, but it is worth playing for sure.

green grass grows all around.

1    10/7/2018   10/26/2018
Review By: fastdds
Pros: Well maintainted fairways and greens. Good t-boxes. Excellent conditions in early October. A few walkers/dogs using the park, but saw no others using DGC. Played on a Sunday at 9am.
Cons: none, except in rained.
Other Thoughts: I am from SoCal so my opinion is jaded. Our courses are rough, shorter distances and dry in general. This was like playing in a lush park with rivers and perfect grass. I wish had something even close to this. I would definitely play again if I was in Bentonville area.

Fun moderate course

1    5/11/2018   5/11/2018
Review By: n.maglio
Pros: Map is decent and is needed to navigate. Has a combination of distance and technical tee shots. For a casual to competivite player this would take 1.5-2hrs to play alone or with one other.
Cons: Luckily they were mowing the rough while we were there but many holes have narrow fairways with 1'-2' tall grass lining them and under growth around the trees.
Other Thoughts: Could use a little maintatence but fun course. Make sure to snap a photo of the map to help guid you as you go. The location marker for god navigation could use updating to get you into the correct parking lot.

Let Your Creek Flag Fly

1    5/6/2018   5/10/2018
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: There are plenty of things to like about Twin Creeks DGC. Not the most interesting terrain, but has enough length, water, trees and brush to keep holes from being stale. There are some diffucult holes, and mandos or OB can tack on extra strokes. I met several other really nice people enjoying the course on a great Sunday afternoon. This course is well liked by many people, evidently.

The tees are concrete, room enough to get a nice run up. Signs are posted at each one to tell you where you stand. The Monkeytrap baskets were really nice and performing their duties well. I think I was getting some putts to drop that I don't usually make. Some holes had more than one tee pad, and some had more than one basket location, and some had both.

The best hole? I don't know. Not a lot of stand outs, but none that really let me down, either. Hole 1 is a mando that requires you to go right of the trees, and plays to an elevated pin. I enjoyed seeing the bird flying away from the brush near the 3rd basket with a fat snake in its talons. Hole 5 was a good basket location backed by the creek. 10 and 11 were fun short holes running through some more densely wooded land next to the creek. There is a pond right behind the pin on hole 15, making the only par 4 a little tougher. 16 is another longish hole, and the pin is on top of a large mound of dirt, making it a tough putt if you're not near the base.
Cons: There is almost no elevation change. Water from rain storms was standing on the fairway for the first two holes. A lot of exposure to the sun, with a minimal amount of shade. There are walking trails running close by quite a few holes.

Not super easy, but a lot of mostly open drives that will leave a long approach, even if you get a nice tee shot off. Making par is about as good as it gets on several holes, unless you put a long approach shot into the chains. I did miss the transition from 10 to 11, and had to backtrack to play 11 and 12. Lost a Firebird in the pond playing hole 13 to the wrong basket.
Other Thoughts: Twin Creeks is a nice disc golf installment. It is clearly popular among locals, and I met a couple of other out of towners visiting, also. It is good quality, and has it's challenging moments.

I wouldn't place it on my list of favorites, but it is worth a play for anyone who's in the area and has the urge to go put a few in the air. Get a shot of the map to make sure you stay on course.

I shot a 58, and my only deuce was on hole 11. There is room for improvement. I'm sure I could get to par or lower if I had several rounds to get familiar with each hole. I did make some nice par saving putts to make up for a couple of bad shots elsewhere along the way.

Nothing too Spectacular but Not Bad

1    12/28/2017   1/16/2018
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: Twin Creeks sits near a high school in a public park. The course sits on an expansive piece of land. There is a course map on hole 1, which I probably should have spent more time looking at.

The course has brand new concrete tee pads and nice baskets that catch fairly well. There are also great tee signs that even point to the next tee pad for the next hole, which, again, I should have paid more attention to.

The course has a good variety of long and short. There are no true wooded holes here but strategic clumps of trees situated in fairways and near baskets add a good deal of challenge.

There is a good amount of small ponds throughout the course. I really enjoyed Hole 15 as it was a blind shot with the basket situated literally feet away from the water when it was in its short position. I also enjoyed the elevated basket on hole 16 and just all of hole 16 in general.
Cons: There is a pretty large walking trail that snakes throughout the course. Almost every hole has the walking trail near it. The trail also seems to be used fairly often, I played when it was sub 35 degrees and I still had to wait on a few holes for bikers or runners.

Navigation was a major issue. There were times where I just walked to the nearest concrete tee that I could see from the previous basket, and often it was the wrong one. In fact, I ended up missing two holes because of the navigation issue. I also played hole 16s basket on another hole because I thought it was the correct basket to play. There are no hole numbers on the baskets.
Other Thoughts: I was debating giving this a 3.0 rather than a 3.5, but this course is better than a lot of other courses that I gave a 3.0. It has its issues, but there are several fun holes that bump its rating up in my head.

On my trip to Northwest Arkansas, I was able to play here and Northshore, and I liked Northshore more. I also heard from locals that JB Hunt and Waxhaws were better courses than that, so maybe look into playing those if deciding on just one here in the Metro area.

Great all-around course for all players

2-4    11/24/2017   11/25/2017
Review By: themcmc87
Pros: Well-maintained.
Good signage.
Good, new teepads.
Sitting in a lovely city park
Some cool elevated shots
Great use of the terrain
Lots of challenging usage of trees, OB paths/creeks, mando shots, and the usage of mounds/elevation gives this course plenty of challenge even though it's not the longest distance-wise. Really only a few holes for you to open up and bomb it if that's your game.
I could see players of all caliber liking this course. I have been playing for 7-8 months, and find the course pretty challenging. I brought my stepdad out here over thanksgiving break for him to try out the sport for the first time. It certainly wasn't easy for him score-wise, but it was easy in terms of accessibility. You could bring a crew of beginners out here and have fun, while still providing plenty of challenges for advanced players.
Cons: Like others have said, there are plenty of people here in this park, so watch out. Although I never really felt like they were too bad in the way.
There are a few holes in the middle of the course that start to feel pretty repetitive - 200 foot straight down the middle with a slight hyzer (rhbh) at the end. Fortunately, there IS a lot of creek action that keeps even those short straight shots pretty interesting.
The whole no path between 16 and 17 sucks. I could see that being trickier if the creek is high.
Totally unrelated to the quality of the course, but RIP my favorite Harp. Lost to the depths of the creek. May she fly eternally in peace.
Other Thoughts: Played this course once a day over my 3 day trip to see my family on thanksgiving, and I really enjoyed it! My original plan was to go find a few more courses in the area to throw, but this course was so accessible from my mom's house in Rogers, and provided a fun challenge that I decided to just come back each day. I think that replay factor makes this a really fun course, and definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.
Oh, and parking... You may be tempted by google maps to park by the trail-head for the running trails. That trailhead parking lot is near hole 3. You want the parking lot that looks like you're going to the high school. You'll see the course map by the teepad for hole 1.

Awesome

1    7/1/2017   7/1/2017
Review By: Jedgmon
Pros: Beautiful Course. Very well manicured and maintained. A couple tough shots with baskets close to water. Just beautifully maintained and pristine.
Cons: A few of the holes were fairly short
Other Thoughts: Enjoyed playing it. Thanks for the disc challenge! I will be back on a road trip through Ark.

Twin Creeks Twice The Fun

2-4    4/24/2016   5/13/2016
Review By: air show
Pros: + Large course map at hole one.
+ Newly installed concrete tee pads.
+ Colorful Monkey Trap baskets.
+ Informative tee signs at each hole.
+ Beautifully manicured turf.
+ Multiple pin locations on 6 or 7 holes.
+ Nice balance for right and left hand throws.
+ Small creek borders 6 or 7 fairways making for controlled drives.
+ 5 or 6 holes to let the big dog eat.
+ 4 or 5 wooded tunnel shots.
+ Concrete walking path makes for definite OB on many holes.
+ 2 elevated baskets for added challenge.
+ I tote two water discs just in case.

Cons: - Concrete walking path attracts bikers and walkers but with a little patience not a problem.
- Some spots become soggy after rains.
- A few tricky navigation spots but with tee signs and course map not a problem.
- A few fairways have thick rough on side so pay attention.
Other Thoughts: Twin Creeks DGC has become one of my favorite disc golf road trip destinations from KC. The last time the posse and I played this course it was absolutely breathtaking. New concrete tee pads, manicured turf, and a friendly disc golf atmosphere. If you love airing it out this course is for you. One can tell that the disc golfers from Rogers, Arkansas love their disc golf by visiting this course.

Pro level course.

5+    2/10/2016   2/16/2016
Review By: Treehousebob
Pros: Mixture of long and short holes.
Technical and challenging.
Plenty of ob and water to keep you from getting bored.
Great use of what little elevation they have to use.
Elevated basket.
Great signs and baskets.
Great chance to hit people riding bikes or walking dogs on the paths.
Cons: This course is almost always muddy.
Watch out for dog poop.
Great chance to get sued for hitting people riding bikes or walking dogs on the paths.
Big ole nasty sticker trees, I took one to the shin a couple of months ago.
There are supposed to be stones to use to cross the creek to go to 17, don't do it. It's a trap. kuuuuurrrrplunk. Just walk around, unless the creek is almost empty.
Other Thoughts: This is a really good course with a good deal of variety. Pro level course, I would love to see a pro tournament here.

Very Nice Course, Has Drawbacks

2-4    7/18/2013   6/4/2015
Review By: NothingButChain
Pros: -Course is well marked with good tee boxes and signage with maps
-Big map before first hole lays out entire course before you play
-Some holes are elevated which provides a unique challenge, not seen at most courses
-Course is played through a nice park which allowed for an enjoyable atmosphere
-Challenging
Cons: -When I played there was a massive number of grasshoppers on the course. Not sure if I played at the wrong time of the year, but you couldn't take a step with having 5 or 6 of them jumping away
-Some holes have unrealistic pars for anyone who is not a Pro
-Have to be careful of those walking and riding on paths surrounding the course.
Other Thoughts: I was excited when I traveled to NW Arkansas and was going to get to play some new courses. This course from the start had me excited, because of how it was professionally designed and had nice signage. The first few holes went well, but part way through the course I noticed that there was an infestation of grasshoppers. I may have just come at a bad time of the year, but walking from shot to shot, ever step you took they were jumping away from your feet. This became a bit of an annoyance, coupled with the weather was very hot. A couple of the holes had unrealistic pars, at least for me. A nearly 600 ft. par 3 is very tough for someone that averages drives that are around 330 ft. I ended up getting a couple of discs stuck in a tree and that hurt my experience as well. I have a feeling that on a different day I probably would have enjoyed playing the course more, but my lone experiences with it were not the best. However, the course on its own merit deserves a very good rating.

< Prev 1 2 3