Knoxville, TN
Tommy Schumpert Park Share
Uploaded By: sisyphus Hole #7 (Taken 4/2013)
Hole #7 Red Tee Sign

1    1/19/2017   1/21/2017
Review By: Declarkus
Pros: Tee signage; 2 pads and 2 baskets on every hole so essentially 96 different holes
Cons: Practice basket too far from parking lot and too close to the course
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course with a lot of unique, challenging holes. I don't have much more to add to the other reviews, but I agree the course is under-rated. I'd put the elevation on the low end of "very hilly," just because it is well incorporated into the course layout. I wasn't thrilled when I saw the brick teepads, but they were fine. Maybe a bit short, but I never really tripped or slipped.

GREAT DGC!

1    1/16/2016   1/16/2016
Review By: Hippykamp
Pros: Everyone has a type of course that they like. This one is the kind for me! A few holes in the fields but for the most part you are playing in the woods with tight lanes and basket placement on both the left and right of the pad. The first nine have two tee pads with one basket while the back nine have one tee pad with two baskets. Easy to follow course with nice tee pads and signage. Baskets are all good and all the holes are well thought out.
Cons: None really
Other Thoughts: In my opinion this is the best course in Knoxville bar none. I would play here even over the Claytons. Do yourself a favor and play this course.

Good Technical Course

1    4/19/2012   4/19/2012
Review By: somedudeintn
Pros: This was a fun wooded course. There is a short and long tee on each hole which was nice. The course was also not crowded at all. Even though it is wooded, the brush, etc. was not too thick. Our group of 4 did not have to spend any time looking for lost discs.
Cons: The course is not clearly marked. It is recommended that a map of the course is printed out prior to playing.

This is a wooded course and is very technical so that can be a con if you are looking to make some power throws. Throws from the Long tees could result in a lost disc.
Other Thoughts: Fun course that is very different from Victor Ashe (Where we usually play) VA is a good open course where distance drives play a good part, but Tommy Schumpert will be another great course for us to play and work on our Mid-Short game.