No course here, just two practice baskets
Pros: one of two parks in Tosa that have DG baskets
in a multi-use park with skate boarding and hiking right there
bathrooms and restaurants close
up all year
Cons: this is just two practice baskets about 175 ft apart.
no course here
Other Thoughts: there used to be three baskets here but they pulled one when the skate park went in. It would be nice if they put the third basket in somewhere else. They should just disperse all three baskets out evenly like one at heart park, one at jacobus and one at hoyt park. This is a nice place to come and practice up shots, drives and putts. Nice baskets that catch well, one is a little crooked. Update! All 3 baskets are back in.
Hart Park Senior Center
Pros: 1) A nice practice area and will be tremendous exposure for the sport being in such a highly trafficked area.
2) Nice new baskets are always fun to see and play on.
3) Picnic tables under the large Oak tree in the middle of the course. Looks like a nice place to ha/e a picnic and play a bunch of rounds on this short 3 hole course.
4) There is a lot of room here to make up a bunch of different holes if you really wanted to practice all sorts of stuff. Knowing the ground is so hard too, I will probably go there to try and work on my rollers.
Cons: 1) It's only 3 holes.
2) Minimal obstacles to really "create" holes.
3) The turf is spotty and the soil is rocky and gra/elly. It wasn't fun digging and it wouldn't be that great for planting while throwing either.
4) No tees, no signs, no garbage cans on the course.
Other Thoughts: I /olunteered to put the slee/es in with the GLDGC along with a couple other acti/e members. It was some of the worst soil to dig in that I ha/e e/er encountered. I wish there were more obstacles . . . perhaps we can make some donations for a tree here or there to try and make the 3 holes more interesting.
I threw from the asphalt by the parking area for hole #1 going east. Then I threw from that basket north past the picnic tables and the Oak tree for #2 and then from that basket o/er to the third basket heading straight west.
We could make up tees for this course but I just don't think many people will be playing it as a course, it will mostly be used for goofing around, putting and approach practice.
Please take this for what it is . . . it was not intended to be a top caliber course. It wasnt e/en intended to be a course . . . it was just supposed to be a putting practice area for the Hart Park Senior Center. It will help promote acti/ity and will be used by a lot of people I can just tell because of its location. Downtown Wauwatosa is always packed with people and I am sure there will be at least one or two local people who are there a lot. I am sure they will be more than happy to share their discs, explain how to play, and encourage people to play this great sport.
These are all the reasons I am gi/ing this place a rating of 1.0. As a course it is maybe only a .5 disc, but because of location and the exposure it will garner to the sport I am gi/ing it a higher grade. And as a practice area . . . I ha/e seen worse before, so it is worthy of a higher rating, just dont go there expecting much of a challenge or any awesome holes.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.