A nice option (and the only one 'round here)
Pros: - situated adjacent to a ball golf course, this course offers some elevation play, a bit of water & a chance to boom some discs
- the only course in this area of the GTA means we automatically love & support it (I throw 2 or 3 times a year)
- well designed, easy-to-navigate & well taken care of with a bit of glitch (like awkward pin positions) here or there
- a few truly unique/signature holes, like an ace run type shortie, and hole 18, which can easily break a man
Cons: - private course = $
- course is very good, but the facilities lack a bit of soul (the clubhouse feels a bit run-down and depressing)
- like many private courses, I am wary of their scoring (i.e. some of these par 4s really feel like par 3s)
Other Thoughts: - I would love to see this course expand to become the first 27 hole option in the GTA... dare to dream!
- if you plan to make a pilgrimage to TinLid, this course is on your way from Toronto!
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Pro shop
- Golf course amenities
- Beer cart
- Golf carts
- Long & Short tees
- Good mix of short & long holes
- Good mix of throw variety
- Good elevation
Cons: - Tee pads are horrible (natural)
- Holes 7-8-9 are way to congested
- Holes 13-14-15 are very congested; to the point that you cannot play any of them while people are on any of the other 3 holes.
Other Thoughts: Standout holes - 12, 16, 18
Course can be very very windy.
This course is definitely worth a play if you're east of Toronto; it's minutes off of the 401 highway.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -no picnicers or dog walkers
-good mix of long and short holes, up and down hill, open and treed, and left and right turns
-the management at the golf course is cool
-the "bunker" on 14
-they let you rent golf carts!
Cons: -some holes are very long, others quite short
-the layout of holes 6,7,8,9 is very tight
-you get funny looks from the ball golfers, but most think its worth a try after you explain it to them
Other Thoughts: The wind can have a big impact on this course, pack something overstable, something for anhyzers and something long! This course is definitely fun to play, has something for everyone!
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.