Bailey, CO
Bailey DGC Share
Uploaded By: VeloRandy Hole #3 (Taken 10/2012)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5

1    7/13/2018   7/16/2018
Review By: Breh
Pros: The elevation change and scenery are incredible and probably rival any course out there.
Navigation is amazing with arrows guiding you through the entire course after tee 1.
Did I mention the views!! Almost every pad has nice turf pads and great tee signs with distance.
Layout is incredible it can be a tough course but very fair.

Cons: Hardly any only thing keeping this from a 5 Star to me is these small things...walkout to hole 1 is kinda rough. Out of breath before 1st throw as it's straight up the hill, but it makes sense for the course layout and really cool shot so not a huge deal. The main cons is a couple holes still have natural tee pads however it appears they're changing that. Biggest one is a couple holes have different temp baskets if those get changed it would be 5 Star no question
Other Thoughts: This really challenges beaver ranch as far as which is better. However both are amazing and Colorado should feel lucky to have these gems that close together. Hands down a top course in any state

Very impressed

5+    7/12/2018   7/12/2018
Review By: Dogman
Pros: The new tee pads are awesome. This place is the best mountain course I have played. If you're anywhere near Bailey CO I would highly recommend playing here.

I really liked the mix of short technical holes and long par 4's. The scenery is great. Super fun to play. My dogs loved it and we will be back.

New Pads, Same views

2-4    7/3/2018   7/12/2018
Review By: Uncool_Rusty
Pros: The New tee pads
The great scenery
Tough holes
Varied shots
Topography of course
Cons: ......hiking
Mountain bike trails sometimes are in the way
Other Thoughts: This course is world class, definitely worth playing if you are in Colorado. Heck, it's worth the vacation if you aren't!

Bailey DGC Course IMO

5+    7/8/2018   7/12/2018
Review By: Ben Fairley
Pros: Bailey offers beautiful views and fairway shapes. When you shoot under it's a good day! $5 to play is no big deal for this course that challenges all levels of disc golfers, calling on every shot in your arsenal.
Cons: This dry, wooded course is on school owned property so mind your p's & q's, and also your d's, c's and j's...
Other Thoughts: Personal favorite of mine and really appreciate the new improvements from the Foothill Flyers and BOERA

A must play course in Colorado

5+    7/7/2018   7/12/2018
Review By: Huschka
Pros: The new T-Pads are the very best thing you could have done. I love the layout and the views are the best in the state. You have to play this course 100%
Cons: nothing, The winter is not so fun but summer spring or fall you will want to play it.
Other Thoughts: Disc on brothers and sisters

Amazing GOLF course

5+    7/15/2017   7/12/2018
Review By: ianpiso
Pros: Just installed tee pads. Course is amazing and you have to play golf to do well here. Great combination of open and wooded shots and it will challenge every aspect of your game.
Cons: If you're there right after grazing you may find some surprises.

Hoping for more

1    6/1/2018   6/29/2018
Review By: Frontrangehiker
Pros: Long holes as well as technical holes, really nice views, good variety of shots required.
Cons: The biggest con is the natural teepads, they were very sandy and uneven, I almost had a bad injury trying to throw one of the longer holes.
Better signage is needed, a bit confusing at times.
Also there are apparently no leash laws at this course as I watched a dog pick up my disc and bolt, by the time I caught up to the dog and owner my disc had been lost somewhere.
Other Thoughts: Fun mountain course but things were left to be desired.

Bailey is Bodacious

1    6/6/2018   6/13/2018
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Bailey DGC is one of multiple great courses in the area. It has some long and demanding throws spread over 20 holes of disc golf. There are three par 4's, bringing the total par to 63. I found many of holes to be tricky, and the wind can add another degree of difficulty. There are several birdie opportunities, but tough pin positions and a fair amount of forrest make sure nothing comes too easily.

The fairways are usually open enough to allow a strong drive, but the terrain requires maximum control shots to stay on the line from point A to B. Sometimes midrange discs were more reliable for me even on longer holes to maintain the middle line without a lot of fade or large flaring skips.

Tees are natural, and generally not too bad, but far from perfectly level. The baskets are mixed variety, all in good condition. Signs are found at all tees and also in between holes to guide transitions.

The first hole is long but the drive is assisted by a large amount of drop in elevation. It is a par 4 and I made an excellent second shot to have a 20' birdie putt that hit the metal and rolled even further away, leaving me with a bogey coming back. My only birdie was on hole 2, a good downhill putter shot through the gap in between the trees halfway down the fairway.

Hole 3 had an awesome rock outcropping to the left of the fairway, and I came up short off the tee to land right on top of it. Not where you want to be. The drive on 4 was kind of cool. It is on top of a hill and throws right over the top of a stand of trees in the low area on the way to the pin.

Hole 6 has a basket in the center of another pile of boulders that make the par putt tough if you approach from the wrong angle. 7 and 8 are not long holes, but I wasn't able to gain any shots on either one, being knocked down by trees on each the first time through.

I was beaten again with bad rolls off of missed putts on the sloped hole location on hole 9. The poor putting got me one more time at hole 12, as luck turned my putter on edge and rolled it down the sloping hill side twice for two more tough comeback putts.

By the time you step onto the 16th tee, you will almost certainly have taken some lumps. It all goes away, as you look at that sitting duck of a basket in the field far below. It is a long distance to cover, but the decrease in elevation gives enough assistance to reach with a Roc if you want to try it. You will likely want to throw more than once, and the low risk of losing a disc allows it.

17 takes you back up the mountain a good deal to get you nearer to the top once again. Another pin rocky pin placement nestled by a pile of boulders makes the par a little tougher. 18 is not as lengthy and relatively flat so it isn't as difficult if you can hit the line through the trees.

The final hole is one last bomb shot to an open basket. Tough to reach from the tee, but not unrealistic to hope for par with a nice second throw. Shorter than holes 1 and 16, but maybe less vertical drop or different wind vectors made it feel a bit longer than 16. It is still a very satisfying and fun finisher.

This course has some elements that differ from other fantastic courses in the neighborhood, like Beaver Ranch or Bucksnort. Added length and less trees open up the opportunity to use a big arm. Still wooded on a lot of the holes, but less on the longer holes. Great balance makes it pay to have a variety of throws at your disposal. I'm not sure if the thin mountain air took some of my snap, or the natural tee boxes threw off my foot work, but I didn't get the movement I wanted on a lot of my drives. You must commit and execute on every throw.
Cons: The tee pads being paved with concrete would be really nice for me, but conditions were dry and not bad for the most part.

Paying the $5 daily use is a bargain for the quality of this course if you are serious about the game.

I missed the sign that points to the first tee initially. You have to make a climb uphill to the first tee. It is to the right as you walk onto the course.
Other Thoughts: Bailey DCG is full of deceptively complex drives and has a few really great holes. The mountain setting is perfect for the game and the layout makes the most of it. Playing a par round is not easy, but I would love to have several more chances to achieve that goal. A few repetitions and learning what disc to throw at each hole, where to be conservative and where you can go for it would be advantageous.

If you get the chance, spend some time around Bailey and play each of the outstanding courses in the area. I have played Bucksnort, Beaver Ranch and Bailey, and they're all great, and have amazing views to go with fun holes that will have you wanting to play them again. I know the Foothill Flyers have done great work installing and maintaining these courses and deserve recognition for their work. As a tourist to the area, I salute them, and wish I had these terrific courses in my back yard.

Happy Camper DG

1    9/23/2017   1/12/2018
Review By: Dagger
This review was updated on 1/20/2018
Pros: With a very nice piece of property to use for DG, this course has a nice variety of length, technical, creative, and straight foreword shots. The new signage, and navigation is flawless. The baskets are excellent, and the park is easy to find. The parking is plentiful, and the price id more reasonable than the other courses in the area that we played.
Cons: This public course has natural tee pads that are not as well maintained as the private courses in the area. It looks like they hold water/snow when there is rain or snow. No beer, smoking, drugs, or dogs allowed which could be looked at as a con depending on your DG habits.
Other Thoughts: No facilities on site, so bring everything you think you will need for 3 hours of Mountain DG.

So much awesome....

1    9/27/2017   10/5/2017
Review By: odysseus81
Pros: I am a recreational DGer so this review is based on what I want out of a disc golf round, knowing I can't throw a disc 500 ft. This course was so much fun. It really was the perfect foil to a course like Bucksnort. It is a massive and more open setting which lets you air it out and after a week of extreme mountain courses, it is a perfect change of pace. It is still set in the mountains but the land has lots more space to throw big shots. That being said, the holes were planned out very intentionally and I never felt like things were repetitious.
Variety- I needed to throw every shot in my bag. There were a number of very creative pin/tee locations and I loved the full use of the landscape available.
Amenities- Tee pads are natural but in excellent condition. Signage was enough, although there were times where we needed to walk ahead to be sure we knew what we were throwing at. Once your round is started, there is no quick way back to the vehicle so plan accordingly. Places to sit are very limited and there was a number of times where I needed a break after a steep climb.
Landscape- Picture perfect. This is disc golf in CO as I imagined it. Incredible views all around, epic top of the world shots, tons of animals sharing the course. It is the reason you travel to CO for dg. It is actually an easier course to navigate if you are in mediocre shape because there are less huge climbs. Everything is much more gradual (with a few tough exceptions).
Baskets- Excellent condition with no exceptions.
Cons: When we played, the teepads all had standing water in them which required us to throw from the side. It was doable but not ideal.
It definitely would have been nice to have some benches or seating along the way but not a huge deal.
As stated above, the signage could have been a bit better but as is, is functional.
This is not a con for me at all but I want to list it...there is absolutely no smoking on the course of any kind.
Other Thoughts: I left CO rating this as my second favorite course we played. It is kind of the yin to Phantom Falls' yang because it lacks all the amenities but makes up for it with a picture-perfect piece of ground to build a course on. I really had so much fun playing Bailey and I strongly encourage you to not miss this unique and special course. Also...make sure you make note of the sign at the parking lot warning you about bears and mountain lions on the course....and what to do if you are attacked. We survived our round :)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5