Houston, TX
TC Jester Park Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #9 (Taken 12/2011)
Hole #9 Long/Blue Tee

Skinny, busy, city park.

2-4    12/25/2016   12/25/2016
Review By: MarkCrawdaddy
Pros: Easy access, an activity center in the inner city. Lots of space strung out along a concrete bayou. Lots of the soccer playing type, so dirty diapers and trash in the woods. Bienvenido to Houston.
Cons: An activity center in the inner city. OK I played on Christmas day but there was a lot of activity. Electric vehicles, kite flyers, so many dog walkers, joggers, bicycles. Some people just plant themselves in a fairway, looking at you to dare to throw at them, I did, sailing over there heads.
The course trys to be technical by putting a large tree on the right of lot of holes, just diminishes the fun. I played on a windy day so course was challenging just to keep discs in play.
Other Thoughts: I would have to play on a calm deserted day with someone who knows the course. The signage is poor, bring a map. Numbers on baskets would be good, and arrows pointing to next tee. People scratched their initials in fresh concrete tees, why didn't someone put an arrow with number?

Meh

1    2/7/2012   2/7/2012
Review By: LoPan12
Pros: +A few of the holes are interesting, 4-8 I think, with one or two others scattered in there. The holes that played around the waterway made for some good play.
+It was close-ish to my hotel.
+Tried to make use of a thin piece of park land in the middle of a city.
Cons: -Boring. Repetitive. Lots of long holes that had me stepping up to the tee box and thinking "Ohh, time to arbitrarily huck my Striker on a hyzer line as far as I can in that general direction, again." By the end, the extra 3 holes felt more like a chore than 3 more fun holes.
-70% of the trees were of absolutely no consequence (might be lower % with leaves). I could just power down towards the pin, and even if I was 20 degrees off on my line, I'd be just as well off as if I had hit it dead on. One tree in the fairway makes much difference if I can throw anywhere around it and have a clear upshot to the basket.
-No concrete pads- 3 tee boxes were underwater.
-Speaking of water, the random 10' wide casual water hazards left from the rain 3 days ago did more to shape my lines than the trees did.
-Excessively long walks to 10 and 14. Getting to 10 had no sense of continuity to it at all, and actually had you walking past 7, 6, 4, and 3
-Lots of holes played along a major road
-The holes that play in the "Reforestation Project" were annoying because apparently that means that all tree debris should be left on the ground. So lots of bark, sticks/twigs, and junk to slip/twist/trip on while moving about.
Other Thoughts: I'm probably biased from NC woods DG, but long open, sparsely obstacled holes, over and over and over, just gets boring.
Lack of concrete, or other similarly resilient tees will keep any course below a 4 for me.
Lack of shot variety on the back 12 was what killed it for me. A light hyzer with my striker put me into easy upshot places no matter how accurate I was to the line I intended. An occasional straight shot was needed, but I never once had to throw an anny, and I parred 11 of the last 12. This may have been due to the few number of trees, and they're lack of leaves, who knows. If I played the course on a dry spring day, with concrete pads, probably would have gotten atleast 1 disc more.