Burlington, NC
Cedarock Park Share
Uploaded By: Bigbob777 Hole #17 (Taken 4/2015)
3 / 300ft.   4 / 495ft.   4 / 414ft.   4 / 600ft. Par / Distance:

A- = Almost As Good As It Gets

5+    7/21/2007   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- B
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A+
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factor...more accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I say adds anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

1    4/12/2008   3/12/2009
Review By: jab7575
Pros: -Alternate tee boxes
-Wide open so you can let it rip
-Another course within walking distance
-Well maintained
-Some elevation mix
Cons: -Challenging to find the course. Even with directions it was a little tricky to locate
Other Thoughts: Only played this course once but did enjoy myself. Would have played more but it is about 50 miles from my home. I definitely recommend you visit this course. it is a lot of fun and there is anthoer course within walking distance

Great Field Course

1    2/18/2009   2/27/2009
Review By: Yank it Right
Pros: Nice Baskets. Concrete pads. Alternate Pin and Tee Locations. Challenging gaps on off the tee and Good Pin Placements. Course Flows from hole to hole with good options for different kinds of shots. Long Tees challenged my distance an putting. Hard to put a finger on a favorite hole. Liked Hole #5 uphill hyzer with good distance can get a putt for two, but well protected off the tee the shot has to be the right shape to get all the way to the hole.
Cons: Could use a couple next tee signs. Hard to paint baskets with alternate pin positions. Tournament OB may take care, just to Tighten up some of the landing areas. A couple holes play near each other.
Other Thoughts: with 36 holes in the park this is a great destination for disc golf. I really enjoyed my afternoon and would make it a point to come back. Personally liked Cedar Rock better than Wellspring, but both were a lot of fun.

great course

2-4    1/10/2009   2/18/2009
Review By: jleonar18
Pros: great layout with open holes and some wooded as well. Great course for beginners and still a fun course to get out and play for more experienced players.
Cons: you can get some smug snotty players out here. Dont be fooled they are yuppies and if you tell them to screw off they will.

My Favorite Open Course...

2-4    1/10/2009   1/15/2009
Review By: NauticalUrge
Pros: There are vast stretches of open grass fairways, covering 10 acres of rolling countryside, including nice elevation changes, lots of trees, and a creek. The mixture of terrain allows for uphill, downhill, direct, banking, and tight shots on goal. This is a beautiful, serene course which offers challenges for players of all levels.
Cons: While playing the course with two other friends of mine, we quickly discovered that navigating the course was much more challenging than anticipated. We did not have the luxury of having a map on hand, so we often found ourselves uncertain of which direction the next tee would be.
Other Thoughts: I highly suggest downloading and printing out a map from their website (http://www.alamance-nc.com/Al...k/Disc+Golf),or playing this course with a friend that has played it at least once.

Gorgeous Course

2-4    9/14/2008   1/13/2009
Review By: _.-Dut-._
Pros: With multiple tees, and great scenery this is one of the top courses I have played. There is something for everyone at this course especially when you consider Wellington is neighboring it. Nice Technical throws and also some air it out distance shots.
Cons: The same thing that makes it great also makes it confusing. The multiple teeboxes can make it hard to navigate for the first time.
Other Thoughts: Beautiful course and great disc golf. Worth the drive for anyone considering going.

Beauty & the Beast

1    10/11/2008   1/8/2009
Review By: DiscChainBasket18
Pros: Beautiful open course with green grass fairways & large, mature trees sprinkled throughout. Some elevation changes. Multiple tee pads. Concrete pads.
Cons: Need a few more benches. Tee signs a bit simple. You'll need a map to follow the course.
Other Thoughts: I played this course one time during a tournament. Wish I could've played it again. Great course & facility. Good club support. I'll def be back!

wide open

5+    1/11/2009   1/7/2009
Review By: BrotherDave
This review was updated on 1/11/2009
Pros: long length, nice park. Multiple tee pad alignments. Really nice, long holes on the back 9. Beautiful park, cool locals. Some elevation changes, mostly rolling hills. Hole 10 is sweet, a rare throw through the tops of tree's foliage.
Cons: A bit confusing but the map helps, was 20 holes the last time I played but now it's 18, which is a good thing. The walk from previous hole to next tee can be annoying and/or taxing some times.
Other Thoughts: Much better organized than last time I played, could still use some signage though.

18 hole MUST READ THIS!!!!

1    1/3/2009   1/3/2009
Review By: PanicKJ
Pros: This course is set up for 18 holes now http://www.dgcoursereview.com.../8516981e.pdf

The link above has the correct map, just follow the map on the 18 hole side of the scorecard. Hole 5 is further than it shows on the map also. With this knowledge you can save yourself the twenty minutes that I lost today trying to figure it out!!

Now to the review, Awesome course. There are two to four sets of tees on each hole so a disc golfer like myself, 6 months deep, can have a great time, and an old pro like yourself can play the harder tees to up the ante a little. Not much more can be said that hasn't already been said below, I agree with it all, Beautiful open course with a great wooded 18 hole course next door, a disc golfers dream!!!
Cons: Lack of Signage, Confusing Tees, even with a map I was lost, however with the information I posted above hopefully you will not be!! If this course had new signs and tee markers I would have probably giving it a perfect score.
Other Thoughts: Not much to think about, If you can get to this course in an hour or two it is a must see. If you are farther away you can come when it warms up a little and camp out on site!!!! I don't know about you but I am planning a camping and disc golfing weekend already!!

For out of County campers there is a fee of ten dollars per day for up to ten people. I think it is a dollar extra per person for more than ten. You just go to the office which is one of the first buildings when you enter the park and fill out a paper.

1    12/18/2008   12/23/2008
Review By: kerplunk
Pros: Nice scenery and good mixture of holes when considering Wellspring next door. Friendly locals.
Cons: Fairly confusing, and I even had a map. Part of this confusion was the fact that apparently a basket or two had been stolen, which a local that I joined up with told me. Not a lot of variety on its own- you really need to play Wellspring also to have an all around experience.
Other Thoughts: Two quality courses in one park is pretty cool, so if you have the time to play both you should check these courses out.