2 Helpful / 3 Not
A fun course
Pros: 1) After adding the extra 9 the course finally made good use of the property.
2) The trees that are there ar put to good use.
3) There is a wide varity of shots, from short straight shots, to a long LHBH holes, long RHBH holes as well. so there's a little bit for everyone.
4) The baskets are very nice.
5) A player of all skill can play here and have a blast.
Cons: 1) At some points it is very open
2) Out of the 17 holes in play right now, if you have good D 16 of them are birdy holes
3) The city doesnt take care of it too well, the river flooded pretty bad this past year and the city just left it overgrown in the back to where it is almost unplayable
4) It can be confusing at times, because there are no next tee signs
Other Thoughts: as said in another review, this course is worth the stop if you are in the area but that's about it. i love it because i live in town and it has helped my game, wind always changes so you never know what you're going to get, which can be nice to practice in.
i hear the city just approved to ditch the back camp ground and put more DG in so within the next couple years LOM might have 27, with atleast 9 very wooded holes.
over all it is a great course to practice at, or just play a rec round, it isnt TOO challenging, so you can just go and have fun.
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: This course is completly redesigned and shouldn't be compared to the former course because it uses the land it has very well. There are still a couple of long holes but nothing like the previouse course, and hopefully it will just get better with the new tee-boxes that should be coming soon.
Cons: Tee boxes right now are dirt, one of the holes is nearly impossible to par in 3.
Other Thoughts: I'm not sure how far they are going with the new tee boxes but I hope to see maps on the tees in the future.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: When I played this course, it was only a 9 hole with a huge amount of distance. There were a couple holes that were 600 plus and 4 that were 400 or more and 3 that were under 400. This is probably the most ridiculous 9 hole course I have ever played.
There wasn't much in terms of elevation, but trees were obstacles on many of the holes, making drives tricky.
Cons: Could use a little more elevation change. This is not really very beginner friendly, it would take most beginners 6 or 7 throws to get to the basket on some of the holes.
Other Thoughts: This course recently underwent a change in which they added nine more holes. I heard that the original nine are still there and that they added the other nine in between. I would deffinatly play this course if you're in the Mankato area.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.