1 Helpful / 2 Not
Good for recreational play
Pros: - tees marked usually on trees
- hole number marked on basket
- I could navigate the course pretty easily only checking the map once or twice
- lots of directional signs towards next basket
- even though the holes are short good use of the trees and creek as obstacles
- location near picnic area if you want to have lunch
- great for recreational players who just want to have fun
- even though the park is busy, the disc golf course avoids the people
- can be played quickly if you are in a hurry
- the woods and creek add a little character to the course
- some nice risk and rewards opportunities
Cons: - very short and not reasonable for a serious disc golf round
- no tee pads although the footing is not too bad on the tees
- no official signs but not a big deal because all the baskets are visible from the tees
Other Thoughts: This course is not a destination course but quite fun if you are in the are and want to have a picnic with the family. The course is pretty decent for children because of the short holes but might be a little difficult because of the trees and creek. I especially enjoyed this course when I carried just one disc (Roc) and didn't have to lug all my discs around. Note on the rating- I would only give a 9 hole course a max rating of 2.5 since it only has half the baskets and I not as critical on tee pads and signage as long as its fairly easy to navigate because I think nine hole courses are more for relaxing. I am looking for how fun the course is and the layout more in the rating and this course was enjoyable to play.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
short 9. needs help
Pros: - description: short 9 hole course heavily wooded with a stream in play on several of the holes.
- time: fastest course i've ever played. took around 20 minutes.
- difficulty: easy. i put this as a pro because it can be a quick warm-up course if you're looking to play basil (a nice wooded course only a few minutes away) or if you just want to work on your midrange and putting.
- signature hole: would have to be hole 7. tee off standing along the stream, up and over a tiny hill. two fairways available, a backhand one that takes you closer to the edge of the woods or a sidearm shot that flirts with the stream.
Cons: - tees and signs: poor. signs are simply numbers on white boards and tees are dirt. no directional arrow from one hole to the next.
- hole maintenance: needs some clearing out in different places and more clarity of where the tees are meant to be. for instance, hole 9. where the sign is actually placed, there is NO fairway to the basket because it's all literally overgrown with branches, leaving you the only option of teeing off 5-10 feet to the right of the sign and skipping an overstable disc down a walking path.
- hole designs: i think a little tinkering in length and fairways could be done, but the space may be too small for drastic changes
- children/playground: watch out. kids could become obstacles at any second or decide to retrieve a thrown disc for you :)
Other Thoughts: - short on time and like woods, stop on by for a round or two. have fun creating alternate tees, too.
- examples of alternate tees: coolest one i could find is for hole 9. continue on walking path along stream past basket 9 and away from the parking lot. at around 200 feet, by a big tree next to the stream, turn back around and face basket 9. this could be a fun hole 10, leaving you a fairway either out over the stream (pretty gutsy because of overhanging branches) or out over land with a tree or two to navigate.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Not a bad course at all
Pros: Tight, short shots. Not a bad course, but easy. Plenty af ace chances keep it interesting.
Cons: Tricky to navigate, and all the holes are very short. In the summer, it can get fairly overgrown. This course seems to be the skinniest of five brothers at the dinner table. I just don't think it gets the attention it should with better courses so near.
Other Thoughts: I usually don't play 9 hole courses, but this was around the corner from Basil, so I gave it a shot. It's pretty primitive, and probibly the weakest course in the area, but it's still fun. "Easy" seems to sum it up, but couldn't we all use the confidence boost every now and then? I wouldn't plan a trip around it, but if you're sick of the other Rochester area courses, and need a change of scenery, check it out!
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
at least it exsists
Pros: that its so close to basil that when your all the way out there you can just go an extra mile or so and get fresh 9
Cons: its a fresh nine but its not that great and kind of complicated to play the first few times
Other Thoughts: some kind of tee and maybe a sign at the holes would be great
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
What do you expect fo a nine hole course
Pros: If you want to get in a round before dinner or a night out this is the perfect course for it or you can throw some glowers on you dics and play a quick roughe night game. Not very difficult and the likely hood of loosing your disc are very low.
Cons: If you have not played there before bring a map the tees are very hard fo find and poorly marked most people just start from a cental location and play the last holes from there it is not on a lynks system so you will be walking back to throw your nexy hole on the last cupple it was sort of crammed in a park but what do you realy expect for nine holes its not unplayable
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: I consider this the "rec" course in the area. Last I knew it was only 9 holes Length and accuracy were respectable. Not a tournamnet course and not one I would recommend out of towners to visit, but nice to have.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
makes a nice addition to Basil Marella
Pros: Nice Course for such a small area. Just minutes from Basil Marella in Greece.
There are tees to make this an 18 hole course but it wasn't worth the time.
Some nice birdie opporunities for a par 3 course.
Cons: Don't hit the kids on the playground on hole 1. It's only an 8 hole course and can not compare to local courses like Chili and Ellison. Hard to find tees and holes.
Other Thoughts: Try it sometime after Basil Marella, its a quick course and has a lot of character for such a tiny course.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.