3 Helpful / 0 Not
Great Mid Range Course
Pros: - Simple design around the park
- 9 holes; good mid-range distances
- The concrete pads are new and the cages are new also. (New conditions of course)
- Signs are simple, showing the hole number, distance and a quick view of how the course is set up
- Holes do not move around like some courses; a simple follow around counterclockwise direction.
- Bathrooms nearby the first hole
- Right by 44th street, not to hard to find
- Water hazard on hole 9 and hole 2 (discs can make it over 9's and hole 2 is only a problem if you have a wicked curve to the left)
Cons: - Holes are simple one shot, straight deals. Ace on a couple of the holes
- Ducks and geese are a problem
- Last half of course is near play ground and vollyball court. Watch out for players
- Hole 4 is missing its sign.
Other Thoughts: - This park does not allow alcohol
- A very good course, simple design, close to home for some, and right by the highway.
- Hole 1 starts right by the old school house, past the bathrooms. It ends by the parking lot and the basketball court.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Concrete Tee Pads. A place to play a quick 9 holes if you don't have a lot of time to play. looks to be a nice beginner course. Great for those who can't throw very far.
Cons: Holes appear to be really short. most appear to be under 200 feet. seem to be really close to walking paths around the lake, volleyball court, and basketball court.
Other Thoughts: Course can be played with only a midrange and putter. A lot of players can probably play entire course with only putters. Looks to be a nice little course with the emphasis on little. I don't throw very far but from what i have seen it appears that even i can deuce most holes out there. The pond can come into play on the second hole since it goes up the entire left side of the hole.
Tee signs are now posted for all holes. Signs look great.
Hole 1 starts by the school house plays towards the pine trees by the lake.
Hole 2 starts the other side of pavilion basket is at the end of the pond to the right.
Hole 3 Plays along the back edge of the park.
Hole 4 comes straight back. basket is 237 feet away by trees
Hole 5 aims towards the volleyball court.
Hole 6 angles towards the north edge of the park.
Hole 7 heads towards the lake.
Hole 8 is located by the west end of the park
Hole 9 starts on one side of the water and throws towards the basketball court near the parking lot.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.