San Angelo, TX

Share URL:

best course in the area

1    4/26/2017   4/28/2017
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: easy to follow
good rubber tee pads
Decent baskets
nice use of land on 9 of the holes
Cons: Island hole seems to be an add on and is the worst hole on the course
No distance on the tee markers
Other Thoughts: Played 5 in San Angelo in one day, this was my first stop

Hole 2 tees off and is a GREAT longer hole with the basket in a little cove by the street. The wind made for a perfect roller for me and the wall surrounding the basket making the cove stopped my roll for a nice bird to start my day.

Hole 2, maybe the shortest hole on the course, you have open to the right, hill full of brush on the left and behind the basket. Luckily I hit a tree behind the basket and fell before my discs went into that discussing looking water.

Hole 3, from 2 basket, you have to climb up the hill and you wind up teeing across #2 fairway. Because it is elivated, it really does not effect those who may be playing hole 2. Great piece of artwork on the fairway. Longer hole with a tough tee shot, specially when the wind is howling into your face.

Hole 4 is a basic shot, skip up the left or the right.

Hole 5 and 6 shoot down the river side of the park.

Hole 7 is a pretty wide open shot to get you towards hole 8, river is on the left protected by a lot of brush.

Hole 8 is across the road, not a single tree and is played as an island hold with rocks forming the circle.

I did not see the drop zone, so I played it as a stroke penalty for missing the island. (and I was playing casual)

Hole 9 and 10 work your way back to the parking area and hole 1. 9 is a basic long, more open shot till you near the basket and 10 is a nice birdy shot though the trees.

In all, I probably enjoyed this course the best because of the variety of holes on a 10 hole course.

Would I play this course again? yes, if I am in the area, this would be one of my top choices to play again.

Sold, Fun Course

1    12/21/2013   12/22/2013
Review By: ZackBrame
Pros: -Good holes. Not too wooded, or crowded for that matter. The tee pads aren't dirt anymore, so that a huge plus.
-Hole 8 is fun! Nice island hole to challenge your accuracy!
Cons: -Trail from hole 2 to hole 3 is crazy steep, just walk around the tee box of hole 2 and up a smaller hill.
-Layout is a little weird if it is your first time there.
Other Thoughts: Not the best course the San Angelo has, but still a nice 30min game you can make out of it!

1    7/20/2013   8/17/2013
Review By: tkmcdougal
Pros: The baskets were in great shape. I like the challenge of a few of the holes. There are some open holes as well as some wooded holes. I really liked hole 3's tee pad that is up the hill and you throw through the trees. Navigation is fairly easy because it is all on one plot of land except for hole 8, that is on its own little island of grass not more that 30 yards away. There was plenty of parking and this course is great for a round you want to finish in about 30 minutes.
Cons: I did not like the natural tee pads. I want concrete for proper footing. I didn't get the fun factor from this course. I know they can't help this but there were massive mounds of ants everywhere including the tee pad on holes 4 or 5.