Not a bad course
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: I like this course because it's fairly short and I can't throw very far. Easy pars, depending on the wind. It's clear and very, very clean.
The community is great and everyone is really friendly and welcoming.
Cons: Poison Ivy is rampant, the brush and thorns make it impossible to retrieve discs in the bushes.
You have to let ball golfers play through since you're on the same course.
It can get pretty windy.
Other Thoughts: Paying to play is never what I want to do, but the course is so clean it is worth it.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 2 Not
1st ever disc golf course on Long Island!!!!!
Pros: IT IS THE FIRST EVER COURSE ON LONG ISLAND! Being only 14 and have a passion for the sport, being so close to my house is a big plus.
- The course is on the cedar beach golf course and that means that they have regular maintenance on the place. neil and ernest have put hundreds of hours into this dg course for no compensation at all . (thumbup)
- overall the course is quite short and simple, but it is great. there are great shots where you have to use fh ,bh, and oh. There is little to no elevation changes, but i could live with that. ALOT of shots actually are right turning, and me being predominantly fh, i love this course. Since the course is on a pitch and putt golf course, it may seem like a joke or its easy, but in fact it is quite difficult in the sense that there are alot of OB's and wind and the fact that there is such a range of different shots. The way the baskets are placed is really cool . at first you wont see the basket, but then you look and just barely see it and you could tell they put alot of time and effort to making this course unique.
- There are both pro tees and am tees.
- they also have rental discs and the price to play the course is 7 dollars, which considering the fact its the only course on LI, it is worht it.
-The location is awesome. you can go play dg while your spouse/mom/sibling or whoever can go to the beach and go tanning or do whatever
Cons: POISEN IVY- it is every where, so be very careful.
Wind- because it is in such a close proximity to the beach and ocean, there is always going to be wind. whether it is alot or a little, it will always linger around.
- the tees are just the ground so every now and then i slipped but no big deal. they did their job.
5 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.