Fountain Inn, SC
The Firecracker DGC Share
Uploaded By: JBryant Hole #8 (Taken 6/2012)

Great School Course!

2-4    6/27/2018   6/29/2018
Review By: DrVern
Pros: This course is what it's supposed to be - an accessible elementary school course. If you're looking for a Winthrop Gold course or an equivalent, then go elsewhere. Most every hole has a birdie look and sometimes, we need that, especially if you're new, trying out new discs, etc. This is not to say that there aren't challenges, but after you get used to it, you should aim for -10 or better. The course designer did a great job at creating an accessible course that still allows for things like roll aways, woodsy shots, etc.
Cons: Needs more next tee arrows on or under the baskets. If you haven't been before and you're not with someone who has been, it may be a bit tough to figure out.
Other Thoughts: There are 9 baskets, but the designer has used the land wisely for three different looks at each pin.

A good practice course

1    6/5/2018   6/5/2018
Review By: roger-roger
Pros: The thing about this course is that all the holes a pretty manageable without many difficult shots. It is a really good course for practice and to boost some self-confidence.
It is somewhat enjoyable but I would not call it a destination course.
Cons: I think the main con is that calling it a 27 hole course is misleading. Really it is just a nine hole course that you can play up to 3 times with different tee pads. They aren't that much different though.

Hole 9 is also really hard to find if you don't study the map. You have to walk to the complete other side of the school which there are no signs or anything.
Other Thoughts: Overall, it is an easy practice course but not that much more.

Fun School Course

1    6/21/2017   6/21/2017
Review By: mainer76
Pros: Very fun for a school course.
Not overly long (pro and con)
Some tees are very close to other tees but have very different required throws
Love the island hole!
Would be very hard to lose a disc
Cons: Parking lot/walking trail close to hole 2 basket
tee pad in road on hole 4
Need some next tee signs- hole 8 to 9
Varied tee pads- carpet, natural, concrete,rubber, and pavers
School property
Other Thoughts: This is probably a top 10 best school course in the country. Most importantly it is a fun course and requires different throws. You can play 27 hole very quickly. This is not a course where you need to throw it 400+ but requires accurate tee shots to get the birdie. The course is obviously on school property which is its biggest weakness

Firecracker

5+    2/20/2016   2/21/2016
Review By: FrontRimBanger
Pros: -Great use of available space
-Not overly easy
-Beautiful holes
-Easily accessible from I-385
-27 tees which provide a completely new look at each basket
-Mandos and an island hole keep play interesting
-Great course to learn or teach on
Cons: -Closed until 6pm on weekdays (excluding the summer)
-Relatively short course, it can be played completely with a midrange and a putter
-Several areas of thick brush where you could potentially lose a disc
-Rubber tees slippery when wet
Other Thoughts: This course is well thought out with interesting and challenging holes. That being said there are several "gimme" holes, but that helps you boost your confidence if you're playing a bad round. This isn't your run of the mill elementary school course, and can really catch you by surprise at times.

Great family course!

5+    10/26/2014   10/28/2014
Review By: garryj
Pros: - Great variety. Some grassy, some woods. Some holes long enough that you big throwers can air it out, some short enough that us rec players can pick up a par, or even an occasional birdie. Even though there are only nine baskets, the twenty-seven tee locations make you feel like you're playing bigger course.
- Family friendly. I usually take the grandkids, but we always yield the right of way if faster players come up behind us. The kids love it, even our three year old who constantly yells, "my turn".
- Well designed. It's obvious the designer has put a lot of thought and love into building the course.
Cons: Only a few minor cons.
- The holes that play through the woods (5, 8, 14, and 17) are extremely tight! I believe I read that PDGA guidelines recommend at least a twenty foot wide tunnel for fairways through the woods, certainly not the case here. Still, that's just me. Many of you will love the woods.
- Since the course is on school property, it's closed to the public during school hours. While this is understandable, it means that after daylight savings time ends, we'll only be able to play on weekends and holidays.
- Some of the signs are missing, probably vandals.
Other Thoughts: I think I've played every course within a 50 mile radius Greenville, but the Firecracker is my "go to" course. On a recent, beautiful, Sunday afternoon our family met up with Mr. Firecracker himself, Josh Bryant. Josh designed, built, and maintains the course. He was super friendly and spent extra time helping my 7 and 12 year old grandchildren as he played along with us. Check out his Facebook page, and if you haven't played the Firecracker, give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Way more than you'd expect!

1    10/25/2014   10/26/2014
Review By: Jaysauls
Pros: When you think about a course built around an elementary school, it's like "yawn, why bother?" Well let me tell you something, this is one to bother! You can't get anymore use out of the available land than the designer did. Great use of the woods and land around the school.

The multiple tee pads didn't just make short, long and longer. they varied the angle of the shot, used mando's and trees to change the shot.

Most of the shots were fairly open, but there were enough trees at the top of the property to create some super tight tunnel shots.

There was a also one hole (8,15,22?) where you throw out of the woods toward, down a hill toward a basket. Nice 180' shot out of the woods and down a hill. On the final round it becomes an island hole with a 30' ring.
Cons: Can be tough to navigate, so first time out, give your self time to play
Other Thoughts: I gave this a 3.5 due to the course being very creative and a super course for beginning to intermediate players. Even though I've played a ton of tough courses, this one was challenging at times. Great course to play if your're traveling North toward Greenville from the Columbia SC area

Firecracker go boom

2-4    11/23/2013   12/30/2013
Review By: 1DGer
Pros: Great course. Not your typical kid course but it is perfect for the new player, average player, and advanced player.

Mandos and OB provide some added challenge.

Great tee signs on every hole.

The redesign has made this course much better. New shots are required. You can shoot low scores here.

Favorite hole is #5. Short but technical. It can easily jump up and bite you.

Plays quick. You can easily get three or four rounds in without any trouble.
Cons: Not close to other quality courses.

Not open during the week. This is understandable due to being on a school campus.

Some rubber tees get slippery. Not a real big deal but needs to be noted.

Other Thoughts: Great addition to the greater Greenville area disc golf scene. It's worth a play.

A fun course for beginners

5+    5/31/2013   5/31/2013
Review By: AlexClemmy
Pros: Uses all kinds of terrain. Creatively laid out around the school. Fun to play and very pretty. Particularly hole 10, the way the pin sits through the trees is just very alluring. It's a nice thing to have a new local course in the area.
Cons: A lot of brush. I've lost only one disc here thankfully, but still is an issue at times. The tees are sometimes very close to wooded areas, making things very prone to get shot into some weeds or thorns. And the second time around, the shots aren't too crazy different, which is okay, but takes some of the fun out of new perspectives of the course. Being closed during school hours doesn't help much, but isn't really a bother.
Other Thoughts: Overall I really like this course. As an on-off player for a few years, this was really exciting to have so close to my home. This course has brought my love for disc golf back in a much brighter flame. I like the shots and how they're starting to make me a much better player (For real, first time on this course I shot a 76, the most recent, I shot a 56. Huge improvement.) Though I really think some holes could get a bit more distance on them, I find this a great course for beginners to play and learn on, and really nice for some experienced people to just enjoy a round of disc. It's great. I am not disappointed by the course in any way, and I love the challenge it presents. Good job to Josh for all the hard work you put into designing this course.

Flinging at the Firecracker

1    2/16/2013   2/16/2013
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: The Firecracker DGC is a nice little course with many opportunities for birdies, if not ace runs. There are 9 Innova baskets, most of which have two rubber tee pads to make it 18 holes. Layout is fairly easy to follow, and rounds are quick and easy. A few sparse trees, some patches of dense brush and elevation changes add some obstacles. Course is placed on land surrounding a school, and makes good use of the available space. There is a water fountain, trash cans, and restrooms nearby at the recreation center.
Cons: The course is quite easy for an experienced player, and is somewhat repetitive. The alternate tee boxes do not change the shape of the shot drastically. I did turn around for a RH sidearm flick on 2/11, and 3/10 was a slight turnover, but otherwise RHBH hyzer city. I never found markers for 7/16, they may have been blocked by two workers and their truck who were spreading a large pile of mulch. Hole 8/17 has become somewhat risky, because a cluster of portable buildings now surrounds the target (not pictured on map). My shot wound up 6 feet under a classroom. Only hole I took a bogey on. I didn't play all 18, because of a very similar back nine, and snow began to fall after 9. The course is closed while school is in session.
Other Thoughts: Firecracker DGC is fun, but not as exciting as it sounds. I had fun on my visit here, and I'm glad I got to see it. Low level of difficulty makes this course great for beginners, and playable with only 2 or 3 discs. I would be happy to have it if I lived nearby, but this is not a destination course, there are several better ones not far away. In summary, any disc golf is good disc golf,

Great Short Course

1    8/1/2012   8/1/2012
Review By: atay87
Pros: -Makes great use of the available land.
-The multiple tee pads lets you play a full 18 hole round on a otherwise 9 hole course.
-Good for beginners and kids but still fun for experienced players.
-Easy to navigate.
-Nice tee signs with distances listed.
-Nice new baskets.
-Starts and finishes at the parking lot.
Cons: -Not playable during school hours. (understandable)
-Some of the "back 9" are very similar to their front 9 counterparts.
-There was a good bit of mud on some of the rubber mats, and some were uneven.
-Brush to the left of holes 3/12. It is very dense. I went in looking for my disc and found three others.
-Like S.Cann said, there are no shots that turn right to force the RHFH or turnover shot.
Other Thoughts: The kids at the school should have a blast at this course. I wish I had something like this at my school to get me into disc golf earlier in life.