Pittsburgh, PA
Linbrook DGC Share
Uploaded By: Booleyn Hole #6 (Taken 7/2012)
Hole #6 Approach

Share URL:

Course developing nicely

2-4    5/17/2017   5/20/2017
Review By: jkleissler
Pros: Relatively good navigation from hole to hole after hole 1.
Excellent use of elevation changes in most of the holes.
Holes are well designed and require a good variety of throws.
Course is rough but well maintained.
Nice practice basket/pavilion positioning near parking area.
Cons: Hole to hole navigation in a couple spots was difficult to discern.
For a first timer, it's not entirely clear where one is supposed to go to find the tee for hole 1. While the tee pads are well maintained for hole 1, I recommend clearer signage for getting to them.
Other Thoughts: I played it last year but without a guide I couldn't find most tee pads and struggled my way through it. Now that temporary tee signs are posted and the tee pads are clearly marked this course was a pleasure to play and i'm eager to return. I highly recommend this course. This course is the closest to Deer Lakes in terms of elevation usage. And the woods are very nice overall. Hole 3 is a gorgeous valley hole. Love the look from the white tees on Hole 9. Also, I think the tees are well designed so that the red/blue tee is not just a shorter/longer look of the white tee on most holes. They often are unique looks with different throws required.

Already one of the best courses in the area, despite being unfinished

2-4    5/31/2013   6/11/2013
Review By: BigAl724
This review was updated on 6/14/2013
Pros: -Discatcher baskets, my favorite
-Challenging shots with specific lines
-Great experience in the dense and beautiful woods
-Bathroom between holes 3 and 4
-Many different shots: Straight bombs, downhill then uphill, extreme anhyzers, long downhill shots, extreme hyzers, slight anhyzers
-Good variety of distance drivers, fairway drivers, and mid-range off the tee
-Next tee signage and easy to find next hole. There is no where to go except through the paths that are there. Going to hole 4 was a little confusing for me at first, just go around the bathroom and follow the path to the left.
-The park doesn't get crowded
-In an area with very close proximity to other courses. Just a few miles away from both Knob Hill and Old Economy Park.
Cons: -Natural pads are a little uneven at times
-Gets pretty muddy in the fairway when it rains (but it is in the woods so can't really help that)
-Some holes (3,5, and 7)seem impossible to par at my skill level, but I only played from the gold tees so I can't really complain about that
-Bugs
-Dense rough, and makes blind shots challenging to find discs on the last few holes
-No tee signs, but after playing it a few times that doesn't bother me
-I wish there were one or two open shots to just bomb the disc
-Not good at all for beginners IMO
Other Thoughts: It may seem unfair to rate this a 4.5 without tee pads or tee signs, but the technicality of the holes is tremendous! Each hole is very unique and you will use you entire bag on this course. That is what we're all really after anyways, isn't is? Champion level course in my mind because there is no real luck involved here as there can be in most other courses. Accuracy is a must and the layout is beautiful.

Holes 1, 4, and 9 provide downhill then uphill shots. Hole 2 is a shorter slight anhyzer with a tight fairway. Hole 3 is an extremely long straight shot with a tight fairway. Hole 5 is an extreme anhyzer then uphill. Hole 6 has an extreme hyzer then long straight fairway. Hole 7 is an extreme hyzer and downhill. Hole 8 is a pretty straight shot through a lot of trees.

Holes 1, 3, 7, 8, and 9 are my favorite holes. It is very hard to pick a favorite hole for this course because each one is so unique. Which is why I gave it the rating I did. Can't wait until this course grows to 18 holes and thus, it's fullest potential.