Rough Campus Layout
12 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - 9 permanent DISCatcher Pro 24's. All in good shape and well mounted. Hole number stickers are on each band. These targets are far and away the course's finest aspect.
- Course plays through nicely landscaped and maintained areas of the EWC Torrington campus.
- A number of holes bring nice large trees into play forcing some shot shaping.
- Elevation use is decent as the course plays up, down, and across a campus hillside.
- There are some(that we could locate) in-ground disc tee markers. Those we found didn't make a lot of sense but hey, they tried.
- Free to play.
Cons: - Lacks the most basic infrastructure outside of the targets. Perhaps there are or were 9 in-ground tee markers. There was no official course map posted so tough to say. Those we found were marking tees as "basket to basket" and other than that, it's just the baskets. No tee surface, directional aids or otherwise.
- When there was a tee marker, the hole design made about zero sense. No real line, blind over a hill to basket 5' from a parking lot/walking path, etc. Perhaps there are places where the designer didn't account for 10+ years of tree growth? There are a few UDisc layouts listed, some followed the hole numbers more than others, some made zero sense. We did a mix of those along with the couple in ground markers and a sprinkle of safari to play safe around parked vehicles.
- This course is packed in tight around buildings, parking lots, walking paths and would generally be unplayable if campus was busy. Even when we played during off hours on a weekend evening, parked cars caused us to play cautiously in a number of places. One hole has you throw up the hill, blind, into a grassy area surround by building and path on 3 sides with the main building entrance straight past the target.
Other Thoughts: Not much more I can say besides this course is real bad. Many campus courses I've encountered have safety concerns and must be played in off hours. But this course doesn't have any flow. Whether you play basket to basket or follow a UDisc layout, there are few if any good holes. One could probably take time and create a decent safari layout but it would take some creativity, wandering around, and possibly replaying certain baskets. It's nicely maintained so I could see locals using it for practice but, other than that, it doesn't provide much to anyone. Easy enough to bag if you go in knowing what to expect and don't get hung up on the issues. I'd certainly never play it again and unless you really want that pelt, just move along to the next.
12 of 12 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.