West Siloam Springs, OK
Natural Falls State Park Share
Uploaded By: bball7273 Hole #2 (Taken 6/2013)

Nice day in the Park

1    7/18/2017   7/20/2017
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Wide variety of shots
Short and long holes
Open and tight shots
Tee signs (or posts) left on most of the holes
Map of the course available here or at the visitors center
Cons: Grass tee pads
Most of the tee signs are un readable.
Hole 14 now has Yurts on the fairway
Land on the fairway or your in deep dodo on some of the back holes.
Other Thoughts: Front 9 are the original course first laid out. The course goes around the manicured part of the park.

From the front parking area, you have a nice longer hole throwing up to the NW corner of the park.

Hole 2 tee only has a poll left, but it is a nice short shot, just don't turn it over into the tent camping area.

Hole 3, pretty wide open birdie shot

Hole 4 is a nice turnover (for right hand back handed shot) down and slighting back up a hill.

Hole 5 is another little birdie shot up a hill

Hole 6 is ace run central, just don't overthrow to the right or behind the basket.

Hole 7, the hanging basket is NOT your basket, that is 18's basket. (Yea, I landed right under it thinking it was #7) The basket is actually past and to the left of the hanging basket.

Hole 8 is a low ceiling off the tee, up the hill along the parking lot.

Hole 9 is across the large parking lot, it is a true two shot hole, you want to land in the clearing to get a decent up shot. back up to the info center.

The back 9 were added later, that is why if you play the course in order, you go back past #7 basket and up the dirt road.

#10 throws up a dirt road, nice tunnel shot.

#11 is a little turnover shot with trouble all around

#12 throws into the woods, another ace run hole

#13 big turnover shot around the woods.

#14 The lady at the front told me this hole had been removed. The tee box ground marker is still there and the basket is still in place you "can" play it, however, the fairway is no longer playable as they are installing Yurts up here. I was told the original course designer is coming out to redesign the course and make new tee signs.

#15, follow the mowed area, long hole with major briers in the high grass, trust me, don't throw into the tall grass.

#16 is a simple downhill shot, perfect for my hyzer.

#17 Could not figure out the best shot for this hole. I don't think the barbed wire fence was here when the course was designed. I landed on the other side of the fence and it is not easy for a 50 year old guy to clime over. The hole is a big dog leg left, there is a small hole, but if you miss it, your in trouble.

#18 Sweet straight downhill shot to a hanging basket (on #7's fairway)

In general, this is a decent course with a wide selection of shots. I parked by basket #8 and played #9 to 7, then 10 to 18 and finished on hole 8. Made for a fun round.

The lady working was extremely nice and made sure I had a map of the course, she told me about the numbering and even told me they had someone coming out to revise the course (#14 needs to be moved) and renumber the holes.

Oh, I never said anything about the baskets. They are tired. Meaning they are tires turned into baskets. I have played on these a few times including Robbers Cave and Poli Poli in Hawaii, I don't have a problem with them other than I always seem to smack the tire baskets.

Would I play here again?

yes I would, I might put it back on my agenda after it gets updated.

1    11/22/2015   2/16/2016
Review By: Treehousebob
Pros: Hole 18 has a massive downhill shot with trees on both sides and a hanging basket.
The view was amazing, take a minute before you leave to checkout the waterfall. Although, I wouldn't recommend standing on the platforms overlooking it, they are starting to crack on the bottom.
Cons: Signs are needed.
Lady at the front office was a bit naggy.
First few holes can be skipped, they are just open field boring filler holes.
Other Thoughts: It wasn't the best disc golf course, but it was an interesting experience. I would recommend trying the course if you are in the area.

1    7/5/2013   7/6/2013
Review By: CJshaggy
Pros: Thrilling course, variety of short and long distance holes, features holes you have to throw your disc through wooded trails, and all in the middle of a beautiful state park!
Cons: At some points, the next basket can be difficult to find.
Other Thoughts: If I had to describe this course in one word, I would say it shouts "unique"! From the style of the baskets to the course design, I have not played disc golf at a course quite like this. I've only been playing the game for a little over a year, and only about 6 months consistently, but I have to say that this is by far my favorite course that I have played. There was never a dull moment for me, and I didn't even finish! I'd love to go back again and complete the course. Highly recommended! This course is a gem. And as a sidenote, the state park is a must see for any Oklahoman as well!

Fun Little Course

1    4/28/2013   4/28/2013
Review By: adraines
Pros: The course has a variety of different types of holes; open, wooded, flat, uphill, downhill, par 3s and par 4s. Lots of variation from the front 9 to the back 9.
It was clean and seemed well-maintained.
Hole 18 in particular is a 200 ft hole with extreme elevation changes that requires some precision for even short shooters like myself to not overshoot the green altogether.
Great surrounding scenery and environment in a state park.
Great for beginners or practice. You'll have to use all your different shots but won't be brutally punished for bad shots.
Very unique course for the area. I haven't played anything like it in the NWA/SWMO area.
Cons: Not extremely clearly marked. Be sure to get a course map from the park ranger office building before beginning so you don't get lost.
Not very long; long throwers will get bored quickly.
Not very challenging; experienced players will probably find it lacking, while I for one was just glad to finally have a round under par.
I usually take my 1 yr old daughter along in the stroller when I play. The course was a bit difficult to maneuver with a stroller, especially the back 9. Which is to be expected for a course in a state park with hiking trails, and the course does follow those trails pretty closely. Just be ready for some hiking while you play.
There is a 4 dollar daily usage fee to enter the park.
It's not really near anything else, a 45 minute drive from Rogers, half hour drive from Springdale or Fayetteville.
Hole 9 plays back toward the parking lot and away from the back 9, so like everyone else said, I'd recommend heading for 10 after finishing hole 7 and picking up holes 8 and 9 after 18.
Other Thoughts: Overall, a fun, unique disc golf experience. I enjoyed playing and my wife and daughter loved walking along. If you're looking for a little something different in the Northwest Arkansas area, take a little drive and check it out.

Pretty Awesome!

1    1/19/2013   1/19/2013
Review By: bball7273
Pros: - This park is beautiful and well maintained
- Nice variety of holes from tight and short to wide open and long.
- Different terrain from front nine to back nine added a challenge
- Very helpful map at the visitor center that also has clean bathrooms
- Hole 18 features a hanging basket on the signature 196 foot straight downhill hole.
- Very nice locals
- Re-tire baskets were very unique that were made of tires!
- Practice basket to loosen up before you play
Cons: - Natural tee boxes. Some of the teepads were slanted down or there were rocks on them and it was easy to roll and ankle
- Holes 15 and 16 have knee high weeds with stickerbushes that can really rip up your legs and make it hard to find your disc. I advise you to bring long socks
- Hole 17 has a barb wire fence to the right so if you throw it over, you wont get your disc back
- Navigation was kinda bad because hole 9 ends a long way from 10's tee. I would advise after playing hole 7, go up the rocky hill to tee for 10 and play through 18. Once you play 18, hole 8's tee is really close so you can finish by playing 8 and 9. The holes need to be re-numbered.
Other Thoughts: 4 bucks to park is the only fee. This course is amazingly beautiful. Being home to a 73 foot waterfall, it is really a awesome addition to the course to get to see that. This is a must play. It was loads of fun!

Fun Course

2-4    10/4/2012   10/5/2012
Review By: Justinph
This review was updated on 1/11/2013
Pros: It is located in a beautiful park. The baskets are brand new re-tire. The design is very good. Each basket has an arrow pointing the direcion to the next hole.
Cons: On 17 you must avoid going over barb wire fence. On 15 and 16 the grass and weeds are shin high to knee high and it is easy to lose disc. The 10th hole tee box is not close to the 9th hole basket. When teeing off of 7 you will see the 18th hanging basket and you must look left of 18 to see the 7th basket.
Other Thoughts: This course is a lot of fun. The park staff is very friendly. The visitor center has a map of the course. The best way to play the course is to play 1 through 7 first and then 10 through18. When you finish 18 you will be near the 7 basket and then you can finish by playing 8 and 9 and be near the visitor center where you started. After you play 7 go across creek and to the top of the dirt road and you will find the tee box for the 10th hole.