Marine City, MI
Uploaded By: donnyv Hole #5

Great addition to St. Clair area

1    5/5/2013   5/5/2013
Review By: Artsneets
Pros: Played this course for the first time yesterday (May 04), and I was impressed by the variety and challenge of the holes given the space provided. To score well, you need an accurate drive on most holes and many have different throwing lane options. It definitely exceeded my expectations, and I commend the creator(s) for their hard work and design.
Cons: Hole 8's basket was nowhere to be found, and I picked ticks off myself, my dog, and my friend. Wear long pants and check for ticks. The rough will be very thorny as summer progresses, which is good for challenge but not so good for disc retrieval. It looked like a lot of it could be cleared or matted down with a good crew or a Bobcat.
Other Thoughts: I yanked my Blizzard Katana into the swampy area on hole 3, but the course was only a little wet overall. I recommend contacting Jason Stier at Riverview East High School to explore opportunities for projects with students. They have a big community project initiative right now, and that could be a good source for course enhancements.

Date: 8/15/2013 Designer Response by: donnyv
The tick season finally cooled off by the 4th of July. Skeeters are still around though. Because of last year's late-spring frost and the above-normal rainfall this year, it has been bad everywhere. These issues were addressed to the park commission but the use of harsh-chemicals is not really feasible due to costs and the fact that the park is heavily-used for other sports. We'll just have to live with it.

Your suggestion of projects for Riverview East High School is awesome and the parks will be contacting them soon with potential ideas on special projects.