Goshen, OH
Hole #9 Mid-Fairway

My favorite course.

5+    8/28/2017   9/3/2017
Review By: The_Minotaur80
Pros: Beautiful course, which goes back into the woods. Fairly easy to navigate, and the difficulty rating is high.
Cons: Basket 1 should be brought back, and make it a 19 basket course. Between basket 10, and 11, the arrow is pointing the wrong way. It basically tells you to walk down the fairway of the next basket which is very dangerous. In fact, we almost hit a guy who walked that way the other day.
Other Thoughts: The course just needs long-term signage, and to point people in the right direction between basket 10, and 11.

Excellent technical course

1    9/5/2016   9/6/2016
Review By: gcoghill
Pros: Very fun course with a great blend of challenge and fun. Good use of the terrain and landscape. Clean, maintained and situated on exclusive land in a clean, quiet park. Friendly locals. Low traffic.
Cons: Course navigation was a bit confusing at times. The signage in general needs to be upgraded and made uniform. Some lengthy and awkward hole-to-tee transitions.
Other Thoughts: A really, really fun course that winds though the woods. A good mix of technical, challenging and fun. The course rating must reflect ratings from a previous incarnation of the course (some locals mentioned it wasn't that great when first installed). As it is now (Sept. 2016), it's easily a 4-disc course.

It needs a bit more care and work to polish off some rough edges, but even as it is it's a fun course. A good variety of hole types, and a good use of the rolling landscape. Nothing particularly spectacular about the course or any of the holes, just a good, solid fun round of disc golf on a course that was obviously designed by disc golfers.

I played Osage Grove the same day as both Lincoln Ridge and Mt. Airy Forest, and had far more fun at OG than at Mt. A. I would have never stopped at Osage had it not been for DGCR forum members suggesting it, and I am glad they did.

TL

1    7/6/2015   7/12/2015
Review By: saladbar
Pros: just playing in green grass is great! tight trees and fairways made this course nice and techy. i took 3 first timers out, and as tight as it was, they loved it!
Cons: the tee boxes could use some love eventually and a bit more signage, but not complaining since it was intuitive for the most part.
Other Thoughts: keep up the good work folks, this was my first time playing in ohio and i have to say i loved it. cant wait to visit my little brother again out here. thanks!

Great course that's only going to get better

1    5/23/2015   6/30/2015
Review By: Stardoggy
Pros: 18 hole course in a multi-use park, with fishing and other recreational activities available.

Rubber tee pads, but they were in good condition, and framed in. One set of tees, but apparently there are plans for two tees on each hole.

DGA baskets, all in good repair. Some holes had alternate pin positions, and again, we were told there are plans for even more. Solid.

Navigation was pretty simple, and the layout was pretty intuitive.

The golf here is just fantastic. There's a wide array of distances. Short and technical, to somewhat open bombers, and everything in between. There's every opportunity to play safe, or go for the glory, with just the right amount of shule and trees to laugh at you as you try. My type of course, for sure.

Elevation comes into play on a few holes, with a lot of holes having rolling hills, and a few with more drastic changes.
Cons: The tee signs were pretty basic, but decent enough.

I really can't find much bad to say about this course, but it is still a bit rough around the edges. I imagine the rubber tee pads aren't all that fun when it's wet.
Other Thoughts: I'd love to get back here when everything is done. Even as it stands now, the golf is tough to beat. It was my second favorite course in the Cincy area.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't play this while in the area. If you love great wooded courses, this is a can't miss!

Kicked My Arse

2-4    5/8/2015   5/13/2015
Review By: remraf
Pros: + Course/Hole design is top notch
+ Tee Pads are nice, big, and in good condition
+ Hole Variety
+ Pretty Long
+ Fairly Easy to Navigate
Cons: - Grooming / Mowing - at least when I played. There was a recent update to conditions that mentioned a broken mower, so hopefully this is a temporary thing.
- Tee signs and next tee signs are crude (but they are there at least.)
- Rudimentary trash receptacles
Other Thoughts: This is not a course for beginners, or for the faint of heart. You will hit trees. Oh yes, you will. I had just come off shooting a 1 under par 71 at Monroe a few days prior, which for me was quite a round at that course, and I was feeling really good about my game. Then I hit Osage, and the course delivered onto me a big heaping serving of humble pie. I'll not mention my scores, but let's just say the course brought me back down to earth. All the same, I love the challenge and the hole design. The difficulty will keep me coming back. Also, there are little things that could make this a 4 star course - better signage and next tee signage and proper trash cans liberally placed throughout. I realize these "little things" cost money, but touches like these could kick this course up a notch. Fortunately, the hole and course design is good enough to command a visit to this course. It's out of the way for me, and I tell you it's worth the visit. Give it a go if you haven't!

nice course

1    4/27/2015   5/2/2015
Review By: therevjoe
Pros: The rubber tee pads were good. A lot of space, not slick, and had good placement.
You have to be able to make shots here. A lot of trees and angles, so it was challenging.
The pins were set up in a nice locations. I really like the design of this course. A lot of thought went into putting it together. The 18th pin is up on a concrete pillar, which was a first for me.
There is space between the pins and tees, so you do not get too bunched up with other groups. Decent amount of signage to keep you headed in the right direction
Cons: There are no signs to let you know where the pins are located, so you have to do some walking just to see where to throw.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed playing out there. Having a few locals to keep me on the path helped, and they also warned me of some hazards. Overall, a good place to throw and a nice hike while doing it

Osage Grove DGC

2-4    4/1/2015   4/1/2015
Review By: joshtrum
Pros: - Well groomed and Maintained
- Good Variety of Technical shots
- Well Defined Fairways
Cons: - Hilly for those who have trouble walking
- Maintains water quite well, so can be very muddy
Other Thoughts: Osage is a very well maintained 18 hole course in Goshen, OH. The layout of the course goes virtually from tee to pin, so even though it's 18 holes all with moderate distance, it plays quickly. You cannot just bomb distance drives. Requires much technical tight throws, but has well defined fairways that can forgive a slightly errant throw. Some elevation changes may be tough on those who can't walk as well, but nonetheless the few elevation changes combined with the fairly wooded course create a challenging designed course that is both fun and difficult to play. Only downside is the course retains water and can then be muddy. Other then that please go out and enjoy a well designed, well maintained, challenging course.

Foliage Grove

1    1/2/2015   1/15/2015
Review By: Derek B
Pros: 1) Challenging
2) Open and wooded holes
3) Short and long tees
4) Multiple pin positions
5) Good scenery
Cons: 1) No concrete tees
2) Rubber tees can be slippery
Other Thoughts: This course is a beast of a course. If you want challenge, this is your best bet for this area.

The course is mostly wooded with mature deciduous trees. A lot of holes have multiple lanes to try and shoot through. Some of the lines can be tight. In order to do well, you either have to build up muscle memory for the course, or be an accomplished disc golfer that can shoot very precisely (forehand will help you out a lot here).

The course is on beautiful property with some mild elevation changes. The tees are rubber, which is fine as long as it's not muddy/wet out. The signage is adequate and I don't recall having any major navigation issues.

The course seems to be forehand friendly, both in terms of hole design and in terms of it being heavily wooded. Not saying there weren't RHBH drives available, but the preferred path seemed to favor RHFH or LHBH shots on many of the holes.

At times, I found the course frustrating to play because my disc kept smacking into trees, but, at the same time, it did not take away from my appreciation of the course. If anything, it made me want to come back and try again. I shot a +6, and from what I read on here,many of the baskets are in the short position. I can only imagine how hard the course is when the foliage is out full and the baskets are in the long positions.

All in all, this is a great course and I would recommend it as a road trip course, so long as you don't go right after a big rain (muddy and slippery tees) and so long as you are prepared for a challenging round and not some birdie fest. I would rate it a 4 with concrete tees.

I wish it was closer too!

5+    11/1/2014   11/12/2014
Review By: GMcAtee
Pros: Awesome design! Nothing boring about this course. Great baskets with multiple pin locations. Course up keep is outstanding for not having a park department.
Cons: No permanent tee signs yet, but the temp ones have held up a long time.

The tee pads get slicker than snot.
Other Thoughts: Every time I play this course I like it more and more. Always drive home looking forward to the next league or tourney here.

wish it was closer

1    6/18/2014   6/18/2014
Review By: dave420
Pros: great layout.
multiple lines to choose from.
just really nice
Cons: no water (at least that I saw)
no signage for how the hole lays(I know they need sponsers)
Other Thoughts: really fun course ,just wish it was closer. 40 minute drive from my house . so only once or twice a month .