Melbourne, FL
Wickham Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #5 (Taken 9/2009)

1 2 3 Next >
  Local

5+    5/19/2013   1/19/2009
Review By: hdw292
This review was updated on 5/23/2013
Pros: Great combination or long and short holes. You may not get a good drive on some holes but if you have a good upshot you'll be right next to the basket. The back has been controlled burned so there are more areas to get your disc through now that werent there about 5 months ago.
Cons: The only thing I think that is bad is that when they change the basket placement they either put them all long or all short, I think they should mix them up so your not always unleashing it or throwing short but so that some you can throw short and other just let it rip.
Other Thoughts: People want to put in the cons about the park being "flat", your in Florida what do you expect? You want hills go to the central or west coast of the state. I live about .5 miles maybe closer to the park entrance, i'm there faily often as do I travel to other parks in the area and Orlando. Once you get to the central part of the state and go north and also west is where the hills start so if your gonna complain about it then please dont play it. I love the park ive grown up playing it since I was 8. I've seen it go from 18 to 22 and back to 18 holes now. This park is my disc home. and also PLEASE pick up after yourselves with trash and ciggerette butts. We find them all over the place.

Waste of time!

1    12/6/2008   12/6/2008
Review By: theGryphon
This review was updated on 10/20/2009
Pros: None.
Cons: Too many.
Other Thoughts: I have removed my long and hateful review of this course. After several trips to this course with nothing positive to say, I'm done with this course and will not return to play here again.

Very Fun

1    11/29/2008   11/30/2008
Review By: crouchingwombat
Pros: Really like this course. Once I found the tees everything was smooth. All of the holes are different and some offer nice challenges. 18 was fun with the lake in the middle.
Cons: With so many pin positions there needs to be a map at the beginning to show the current pin locations. Some next tee signs would be nice also, but aren't necessary.

1st time in Florida

1    8/31/2008   9/23/2008
Review By: simpletwist
Pros: Good distances for long throwers. Coming from the north the palm trees and the local critters make for an interesting change of scenery. The most interesting holes are all on the back 9. And the water on 17 & 18 make this a particulalrly interesting course.
Cons: The layout was confusing and we never found some of the tee boxes or baskets (holes 6-9 if I remember correctly) Being in a busy multi use public park there may be other park users in the line of fire. On number 5 we had a Dad and his 2 children using the fairway for ball golf practice. They were polite and stepped out of the way so we could "play through."
Other Thoughts: I realize reviews should come from a fully played course, but since we could not find all of the tee boxes or baskets, I think this simple review still has merit.

Not a lot of variety

5/1/2005   5/20/2008
Review By: Caribbeing
Pros: As others have said, good for those who like to haul off and throw as hard as they can. It's nice not having to worry about pesky trees, or aiming.

Some holes are completely bare except for a clump of palm trees and bushes right by the hole. This means drives can be huge, but you do need to control your approach, so you come in from the right angle.
Cons: Being from the Mid-West, the course seemed very one dimensional to me. Also, perhaps silly of me, but I was a bit concerned about Florida's well-known snakes, lizards, scorpions, and other assorted insects - especially when I was retrieving a disc from under a bush.

melbourne

3/20/2007   5/20/2008
Review By: martinb
Pros: well maintained course, multi use park but no interference from other activities except for the ocassional picnicker on fairways. world class layout/design.
Cons: two dimensional in the respect you need a big-arm to really do well here.
Other Thoughts: an excellent course that would be a welcome addition to any community. will challenge you for long shots, rollers if you have them. a raw beginner may be a little overwhelmed by the length of the course, not too many short technical shots, but if you dont care what your score is a beginner can enjoy it just as much as anyone else. the terrain is flat, and there is great usage of the existing foliage to make you place your approach shots spot on.

wide open

4/9/2008   4/9/2008
Review By: mschmi02
Pros: very wide open well maintained course
Cons: not a lot of tight shots, also the city is eliminating some of the more interesting holes to make way for a horse pond
Other Thoughts: I play Wickham at least once a week... its a great all-year-round course since it is sprayed for bugs frequently. It is a very wide open course which makes it great for big drivers. Hole 18 is a 250 ft over the water shot, only 17 and 18 have water hazards. Very fun course to play. Weds and sundays have doubles and handicapping matches.

1 2 3 Next >