Fun little course
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Tee signs on every hole but #1
Decent baskets, still in good shape
Decent layout for a 9 hole course
Some fun shots to throw
Some risk reward type shots
Cons: Grass tee's, but no one plays here so they are nice.
Some tree limbs could be trimmed up to give you intended shots.
HOA course, listed as private. Members only sign near hole one.
There is no parking for the course.
Other Thoughts: Did a 3 disc challenge so to speak to play here. Just grabbed my main driver (Wraith) midrange (Roc) and my putter (JK Pro Aviar) and quickly played the course.
I wound up parking next to #9's tee pad in front of a house that was listed for sale.
Hole #1 is just a poll, the tee sign is missing. Longest hole on the course. Nice downhill fairway with some tree's to navigate.
Hole 2 is a little pitch from right to left with the rough on the left.
Hole 3 needs a few limbs cleared to make a decent shot back up along the road.
Then you cross over to hole 4, nice hole, but needs some limbs cleared to give you a good fairway. The basket is really close to the rough with a drop off to the creek behind the basket.
Hole 5 is the signature hole on the course to me. Sweet elevated tee shot across the creek and over to the right. I really enjoyed throwing this hole.
Hole 6, 7 and 8 are all basic disc golf holes with the rough from the creek coming into play.
Then you have hole 9, you can't see the basket until you are almost on top of it. You will see an evergreen tree on the edge of the hill for the creek. Behind this tree and actually partially in the tree as the tree is growing into the basket, is hole 9.
Would I play here again? Well, I would not drive out of my way, but this course is worth playing. It is a fun little course and that is why I gave it a 3.5 for a 9 hole course.
Note - I do not know how strict they are on non HOA members playing, I was not bothered, but I also played quickly.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Exactly what "bball7273" said!
Pros: -Nice Monkey Trap Baskets.
-Well Maintained course and surrounding areas. Just a pleasant place to be.
-Elevation changes on four holes.
-Course is compact and a great use of land.
-Signs at the beginning of every hole show distance and where the basket is.
Cons: -No real parking, You must park on the side of the street in a nice neighborhood.
-Difficult to find first hole on your first visit.
Other Thoughts: I love how Disc Golf is growing in popularity in Northwest Arkansas. This is a worthy 9 hole course to add to the others!
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Good Course For A Begginer
Pros: - Nice and accurate tee signs that even tell were the next tee is.
- Awesome Monkey Trap Baskets that are red and white and look awesome!
- Good amounts of elevation throughout the course
- Not busy at all so its great for a quick 20 to 30 minute round
- Very nice maintaned terrain that is well taken care of.
- Nice mix of shots you will have to take
- Lots of different elements make this course fun and can be challenging for a begginer.
- Easy layout to find basket and next teebox (once you get started playing)
- Creek runs on a few holes and can be challenging if it was filled with water.
Cons: - No teepads. Just a sign and grass around it. This isnt a big issue but some rubber tees or concrete would be nice.
- There is no parking dedicated for just the disc course. With hole 1's tee sign right off Tall Oaks Loop N., there is no place to park if you are going to start on hole 1. This is an extreme issue.
- Not really much of a variety of holes. Most were wide open and the basket being in the upper 200 ft. range. I wish this course had a few longer holes or just plain different holes.
- The holes were too short for me. It was a fun short course for the begginer but not really much of a challenge.
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a good course. I really think that this course could use some improvements from the cons i listed above. The course itself was very fun. Its a nice course to just strech out your legs a bit and play for 20 to 35 minutes. I really enjoyed this course and will come back some other time. If you are in the area, this is a fun course and is worth your time to play.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.