Kettering, OH
Indian Riffle Park Share
Uploaded By: Darth Anovin Hole #1 (Taken 9/2010)

1 2 3 Next >
 My Favorite...

5+    7/27/2010   9/1/2010
Review By: treehuggr
Pros: Lots of versatility.

Maintenance is kept up often.

Good mix of long and short holes.

Good water area to retrieve lost discs.
Cons: The water holes sometimes kick my butt on windy days.

Other Thoughts: This is my favorite course in all of Dayton. Most golfers will start on the 6th hole (at the end of the right side parking area) just because it makes more sense. Easily can breeze through the whole course in a little over an hour.

My First Course

5+    6/13/2010   7/11/2010
Review By: rhinos00
Pros: This is a good course for beginners. Aside from giving the course much needed variety, the wooded holes really teach the importance of accuracy...gives this course a little challenge and intrigue.
Cons: The major con about this course is how close it is to public areas. You are constantly having to either wait for someone to move out of the way or having to worry that someone is going to walk right into the path of your disc. Another major con is the lack of variation. While the wooded holes are a bonus, there is only one hole where water really comes into effect and only one hole that has any sort of elevation change. The only other con, which is more of a suggestion, is that the signs should be replaced with new ones.
Other Thoughts: Overall, a good course for noobs and a good course to practice on and hone your skills. Highly recommend coming at off times to avoid large amounts of people, especially by the park.

Sunday Afternoon

1    9/6/2009   9/14/2009
Review By: hendersondayton
This review was updated on 9/21/2009
Pros: Not sure what I can say as a pro. I liked the course and how the holes were set up. If you are accurate and can play Hyzer/Anhyzer, holes will not be too difficult. IF you cannot control your shots you will be hitting trees and swearing a lot.
Cons: Obviously the Walk from 5 to 6. Playing on a Sunday afternoon (1:30) there were way too many people to try to avoid. Football game going on blocked basket. Older lady on 18 Tee Pad argued with us about how we shouldn't be throwing by a public walkway. We just waited for her to move and then threw.
Other Thoughts: Play on days/times that are NOT too crowded and this course will be enjoyable

Home Course

5+    5/15/2009   5/16/2009
Review By: Dizz
Pros: Home course for me. I started learning Disc Golf on this course. It is a fun course with plenty of variety. Course may be challenging for beginners during the woods holes 7,8,9,10,12. Holes 1,2,3,4 are short but fun. There are a few long holes around 400 , holes 5,13,14,15,18. Hole 16 is On top of a Hill, and 17 runs next to the Pond. I always have a great time playing this course, it has a great variety of open and wooded holes.
Cons: Walk from 5 to 6 is long but being that it's my home course its not all that bad.
Other Thoughts: Hole #2 should be Hole #1

needs much improvement

5+    11/5/2008   11/6/2008
Review By: xs9095
Pros: local 4 me
Cons: insane walk from 5-6, poorly marked or non existing tee markers. #3????? where are you?
Other Thoughts: agree with previous reviewer that #2 should be #1 and #18 should end where #1 begins. With so many other better courses around WHY BOTHER WITH PLAYING THIS ONE. for those who gave a 4 out of 5 for this one.....put down the pipe!!! :)

My Disc Golf Cradle

5+    5/15/2008   8/15/2008
Review By: Andy Hlavac
This review was updated on 4/24/2009
Pros: I am partial to this course because it is where I learned the game. I must have played "The Riff" 4 times per week during the 2004 & 2005 seasons. The course is a moderate challenge, and offers a good mix of birdie and bogey holes (playing everything as par 3). The pond adds to the the scenery/challenge of the course while detracting fromt he number of discs in your collection.
Cons: Only one real elevation change: hole #16 (although this is a cool hole situated on top of a giant man-made hill). Another con is that the course experiences heavy traffic from soccer teams, football practice, rec center patrons, picnic-ers, etc. I have seen many cars get dinged with errant discs, and even saw a couple of people get nailed. Be careful.

Finally, all of the reviewers who commented on this site have mentioned the giant gap between holes #5 and #6. This is a legitimate criticism. I think it would be impossible to find #6 if you were not familiar with the course. I have been hounding my brother (a Dayton local) to hang a sign on #5 directing players to the next tee, and will continue to do so until he hooks it up.
Other Thoughts: Please do not let my comments in the cons section scare you off. Indian Riffle is a great park and a 6/10 on the challenge scale (fun, but not frustrating enough to make you swear you'll give up disc golf...ahem...Idlewild...)

1    8/11/2008   8/15/2008
Review By: volleyballnick
Pros: Course is in a very nice park, reasonably challenging, has good variety, and is well taken care of.
Cons: There is no basket on #3. After #5 you have to walk across two huge parking lots to find the next hole which there is no way of knowing unless you ask someone.
Other Thoughts: Good course with good mix of open and wooded holes. It's a fun place to play, but would be better if they made it a little easier to find the 6th hole. It took more than ten minutes to find even after having someone direct me.

Hard to navigate, worth a try

6/24/2008   6/24/2008
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: -Good pads
-Mostly well designed
-Water Hazard
-Well maintained
Cons: -Hard/Impossible to navigate alone without prior knowledge. Hole #6 is over 1,500' away and with no signs pointing to it.
-Not very tough
-One basket has been stolen
-#1 tees off a few hundred feet from the parking lot but #2 is right by it..should be re-numbered to where #1 becomes hole #18 and #2 becomes #1..
Other Thoughts: Please, please someone local take care of that #6 situation- put up signs, spray paint the sidewalk, hang an arrow on the basket or make up a plaque with instructions. Someone new to the sport or this course could quit the round and never find that part of the course, or have to backtrack for a very long time/walk trying to find it.

Fun Course

6/14/2008   6/16/2008
Review By: slacker7875
Pros: I am a beginner first off so you know where I am coming from here. The first 5 holes flowerd smoothly (except #3 is missing). Once I found 6 the rest of the course was great fun and recently mowed. The hill toward the end (I think 16 or 17) was fun with the huge change in elevation. 18 wrapped up leading me right back to my car.
Cons: Outside of a missing basket (which unfortunatly seems to happen) my only real complaints are the tee markers are in bad shape and offer little help except on a couple some friendly golfer helped out with a sharpee. Hole 6 is way out in the middle of no where and there is nothing that hints for you to hike half a mile to the woods.
Other Thoughts: Now that I know the location of the baskets, I will certainly be returning and working on my game as well as introducing my other friends from Cincy to the course.

1 2 3 Next >