Parma, OH
Lakeview DGC Share
Uploaded By: Cruz69017 Hole #10 (Taken 12/2015)

Poor Layout

1    7/26/2019   7/26/2019
Review By: Thundertoast1
Pros: - Short holes - Different terrain - Some permanent tees
Cons: - Holes aren't labeled - No map - Poor & confusing layout
Other Thoughts: Locals are nice. This hole desperately needs permanent tees and signs. It was very confusing on where the first tee was and where the subsequent tees are. There are pink tape strips on the holes pointing to the general direction of the next hole but when you get into the wooded area, it's hard to figure out which hole is which. This course would be much better if they just cleared up the communication.

Some Treacherous Holes For A Church Course!

1    7/22/2017   7/23/2017
Pros: The Lakeview Church of God sits at the end of the road. There is a church building, a house across the parking lot where the church starts and finishes, a pond and lots of surrounding wooded area. The 18 hole course starts just behind the house and plays into the woods. There is a wood pit here along with some benches. The on-line map states there are two tees for each hole calling them longs and shorts. I think I played from a confusing combination of the two. Sometimes I chose the one I liked best, sometimes the one I found first and other times the only one I was able to locate. The teepads are also kinda random, sometimes a nice concrete, trapozoid shaped, sometimes natural with a front board and other times just marked with small pink flags on two thin wires. The tee signs are laminated, colored ones complete with a map and next tee arrow. The baskets are simple DGA models which were fairly difficult to spot in the early morning light without a number on the top.

What this course has, are some dangererous holes, some treacherous basket placements and some throws that require a little courage. # 4 has a very cool basket placement on a steep enough ledge. # 6 was a very neat hole. For starters, you're teeing off through a brick gate. It's about 30' in front of the tee, maybe 15' wide and maybe 12' high. THEN, the hole plays down a path with a small, deep gorge on the left and the basket sitting on a little peninsula, with a deep, ugly ditch just slightly behind it. # 9, from the shorts, is a cool little ACE run, 180' downhill but if you go for the ACE and miss, your disc will probably end up at the bottom of the ugly, deep ditch. It's not fun trying to rescue your disc from this ditch with it's high slippery banks. # 10 is an over the water throw. I'm not sure of the distance but it's probably a 250' carry over the pond and that water is scummy looking. You have the option of playing the shorts from beside the pond but the basket is still close to water's edge. # 11 plays to a basket near the waterery edge. # 13 is 390' and there are really, tall swampy grasses along both sides of the non-extinctive fairways. Goodbye driver!

# 15 has a very cool basket placement on a small ridge.
Cons: I was never able to find the tee pad for # 3.

It was really difficult to spot these "plain" baskets on this cloudy morning.

There are some lost disc opportunities on this course.

Inconsistent tee pads.

Some laminated signs were lying the ground. Something a little more permanent would be nice.

Other Thoughts: As I started to tee off on # 1, a doe and two little Bambis were standing in the middle of fairway looking at me. I waited and waited for them to move, they wouldn't, so I threw anyway. They mosied off without nary a care. On both 2 and 3, both fawns were close and actually seemed interested in my disc. As I walked up to my disc on one hole, which had landed close to one, the fawn allowed me to get within 12-15 of her/him. Sorry, I'm not good at recognizing a boy fawn from a female fawn as they weren't wearing any clothes. Either way, it was a pretty cool moment.

Without or without the deer's company, this a solid little course, especially if you like a little danger or intrigue on your round. You should find it here.

#1 in Parma!

1    7/15/2017   7/15/2017
Review By: DiscinOhio
This review was updated on 9/15/2017
Pros: What a freaking surprise! This course seems to get a bad wrap, and I'm not really sure why.

Two sets of tees on a lot of the whole tees. Pro tees are concrete!

Lots of fun, unique holes with elevation changes and hazards.

Decent tee signs on all of the holes, but a few are tearing.

Pretty good variation in hole length, from 190 feet to 450 feet.

Fantastic use of space!

Course is nice and secluded, feels more private than public.

#10 is really fun. You don't really Air it out over the lake and hope it makes it, there's some strategy involved.

Navigation is pretty simple for most of the course, just follow the pink tape on the basket's base.

Clean and well maintained for the most part.
Cons: Navigation can get tricky going from 14 to 15. Just follow #10's fairway until you get to the building, then go right next to the first tee.

Lots of muck on the front nine, not so much on the back.

Some signs are in bad shape, and/or laying on the ground.
Other Thoughts: I had a ton of fun on my second course of the day. Drove 40 minutes to Parma to play all three courses in the city, glad I stopped at Lakeview! Memorable experience at an underrated course.

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might

2-4    11/7/2015   11/7/2015
Review By: kinger
This review was updated on 11/10/2015
Pros:
~Parking right at the 1st tee.
~Nice variety of hole layouts / good mix of shots needed.
~Ample elevation changes.
~Peaceful setting.
Cons:
~Lack of concrete pads & poor condition of current tees.
~Tough navigation for a first time visitor.
~No trash cans throughout the course.
~Permanent tee signs/hole maps are needed.
First visit was to play in the Lakeview Open C-Tier on an unseasonably warm and sunny November day. The weather was wonderful, and course was a blast to play. Layers of fallen oak leaves covered the ground, so a watchful eye was always needed to keep tabs on your discs. Long tee positions are newly established, taking the challenge of this course up a couple notches. Currently most of the tee pads are natural and uneven. Concrete tees would automatically up the rating. As a LHBH player an understable mid and fairway driver always kept me near the fairways on the right handed favored holes. There is a nice balance to the layout catering to both righties & lefties alike. There is some variety to distances as well, but the majority of holes are playable with mids and fairway drivers. This course has been in for a while now, but you still feel it's slowly getting broken in and comfortable. With Tri-C & Veterans both nearby, Parma has a tantalizing trifecta in it's backyard.

1    3/29/2015   3/31/2015
Review By: texfrost
Pros: Challenging course with a lot of different playing hazards. Tight tree shots and some long open throws as well. Also saw a lot of different animals while out: deer, geese, ducks, etc.

Concrete tee pads are going in. Some holes do have Pro and Am tees.
Cons: Needs to be more guided. I recommend a marker below flush of the ground pointing to the next tee pad. Signage on each tee pad would help a lot as well.

( I'm not sure I played hole 12. I just kinda guessed where to tee off from. Not sure where the chains are for 14.)
Other Thoughts: I understand the course is under construction but I feel it gas great potential. I really enjoyed it and would like to have been able to see it when it is completed. I suggest getting a tour guide to find your way around.

Eh, Not Really Worth the Trip

1    3/21/2015   3/23/2015
Review By: Billy K2
This review was updated on 3/31/2015
Pros: Lakeview is an average 18-hole course in Parma. I didn't really enjoy or hate the round I played. The course plays around a church, which makes you feel pretty safe. There is a fair amount of mixture between wooded and open holes, with a few fun water holes mixed in there. There are a few small maps near almost every hole, so I guess that's a plus.
Cons: I had 2 main problems about this course. The first issue I had was navigation. The layout is very poor and it is easy to get lost, especially since there aren't many people out there with you. The other main issue I had was the design. Some of the holes were pretty bland. I think the course has a good amount of potential, but I don't think they want to go through another redesign.
Other Thoughts: There isn't too much to write about, because there isn't a whole lot here. I made a quick 30 minute trip, which I really don't think was worth my time. It's a nice little course in a nice city, but it doesn't really stand out enough to make a trip dedicated to playing the course.

Overall grade: 2.5/5 (Most likely would not recommend)

1    6/1/2014   6/1/2014
Review By: gcoghill
Pros: Secluded. New baskets. That's about it.
Cons: Confusing layout and poorly planned holes and tees. No tee pads. Tee signs are laminated photos with the baskets circled. Better than nothing I suppose.
Other Thoughts: This is just barely a course. I couldn't find Hole 1 and started at 5. Holes 5 to 8 were encouraging if not all that impressive, but the next few holes just wandered around what seemed to be a public lot in a residential backyard. No real thought to the layout, completely linear. When I couldn't find the 12th tee I just packed it in out of frustration. After playing the enjoyable Parma DGC prior, I had to choose between trying out the Tri-C course or this one. I chose... poorly.

Improved lakeview

1    4/12/2014   4/12/2014
Review By: daleh2013
This review was updated on 4/14/2014
Pros: The course is now a full 18 holes; the property is much more utilized than in the past. Obviously some thought went into the new layout. Holes through the woods were tight and required various types of shots.
Cons: There was one map available on hole one which my group used; we put it back since it was the only copy. There were signs with arrows on the baskets but some were pointing in the wrong direction. Some signs were on the tees which helped a lot...signs or markers should be included on all of the holes. The tee areas were a little soft and the footing slippery at times (proving problematic at times for this ol' grandmaster) but a little TLC should correct that pretty quickly.
Other Thoughts: A great deal of work, time and energy have been put into the new layout. This will pay off big before too long. As we were leaving I did notice there was a number of players on the course. Once completed and word gets out this course will be a good alternative to Tri C and Vets Memorial. Each is different; having three good courses so close together is well worth a road trip for those living further away.

2-4    4/3/2014   4/3/2014
Review By: Jessy
Pros: Great use of available land. Lots of abrupt elevation changes. Currently, nobody seems to know about it, so it's a good alternative to the crowded Veteran's, nearby. (Tri-C is also a decent course, but doesn't compare with the other two because it has no woods.)
Cons: One hole (5, I think) is too close to backyards.
I won't play two holes, as designed: 10 goes over the lake, and 13 has a tunnel fairway with tall marsh grass that I'd never want to look for a disc in. For 10, I shoot at 14's basket, and for 13, I shoot from the edge of the grass. I make them par 2s.
Other Thoughts: There was a bit too much muck on the course, last year. It would be nicer if the brush on the ground was cleared away, to dry out the ground near the water hazards, and to deter spiders from building their nests where beginners seem to bomb their discs. I recommend checking out Roscoe-Ewing for some examples of cleaner shores.