1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The course has great baskets and teepads. The holes provide a variety of shots. The front nine is beginner friendly, and the back nine will be more challenging for the experienced players.
Cons: When soft ball tournament are going on some holes can not be played.
Other Thoughts: The city works very hard on maintaining the course.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Great layout, great for all skill levels, safe location, nice baskets, kept up very good. One hole features a hanging basket. There is a LONG par 5. Hole 17 goes over a pond but has an alternate tee pad for those scared to lose some plastic. Hole 18 is a scenic hole that is elevated.
Other Thoughts: This is hands down my favorite course in the area. Mo did a magnificent job designing it, and his hard work is much appreciated! As stated earlier, it is great for all skill levels. Everyone needs to play milan disc golf course!
2 of 7 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Great holes fun for amateurs and pros.Mostly shorft moderately wooded holes. Longest hole is only 400 feet. Nice and clean most of the time.
Cons: Horses share part of the course.Sometim S making a mess.
Other Thoughts: Rumor that they are planning to expand the course.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
A Nice Blend for All Skill Levels
Pros: 1) Practice Putting Basket - A putting game called Game of Throws has been added. There is a rules sign posted and it is an excellent way of making your practice putting a little more exciting and round ready.
2) Tee pads and signs are excellent.
3) The front 9 is a beginner and family friendly course that still offers a challenge to the seasoned player. If you want to bring your kids to play, you can sit at #3 tee pad and see the entire front 9 course.
4) A back 9 has just been added that promises to be more challenging for the advanced players. It includes Par 4 and 5 holes as well as water hazards.
5) There are two holes that I consider signature holes...#12 and #18. #12 has a hanging basket and #18 is situated on an impressively landscaped mound.
6) #12 plays between two softball fields but has an alt tee box that can be used when games are being played.
7) #17 throws over a pond but has an alt tee box that avoids the direct over water route if you are so inclined.
Cons: 1) Because we have a horse arena at the park, occasionally portions of the course must be closed to allow for horse shows. The resulting effect is that "evidence" is scattered on several of the holes that can be a bit of a nuisance until it is mowed over a couple of times and scattered.
2) The occasional softball tournament may sometimes interfere with playing a couple of the holes on the back 9 as they are designed particularly #12, #13 and #16.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course for players of all skill levels. The front 9 is more beginner friendly while the back 9 will test the advanced players even more. It offers a blend of unique holes that cater to both RHBH and LHBH players.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
A brand new course in NW Tennessee
Pros: Fun course, there are enough trees to provide interest without causing consternation among novice players.
Awesome tee pads - very fine!
It would be difficult to lose a disc here (but I will probably manage it eventually).
Course flow is understandable.
Hole 7 tees near road and was noisy when I played.
Other Thoughts: I played a new course in the rain and found it to be a little muddy, there is no surprise there. As the course is played more and breaks in I think it will become a very fun course. This course is easy to get to and easy to play.
There is variety here.
This course is between two challenging courses: the very wooded Muse Park DGC in Jackson, TN and the strategically wooded Harrison Road DGC in Martin, TN. This course will provide an opportunity for local disc golfers to see a little sunshine and have a little fun that is not so intense.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.