Canadian, TX
Centennial Park Share
Uploaded By: P-Katt Hole #6 (Taken 6/2013)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Not bad

1    2/27/2018   3/1/2018
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Map at the parking lot
Cement tee pads, although they are on the small side
Good variety of holes from open to tunnel, from up hill to downhill
Baskets are in good shape
Sweet signature hole long #9
Cons: No tee signs, several of the markers have been either stolen or broken off. But with the map, the course is easy to navigate
Some of the holes were a little over grown, like they don't mow that area. But it is Feb so it was not too bad.
Other Thoughts: I never expect much from a small town 9 hole course. I was pleasantly surprised by this course.

You start off with the longest hole on the course with a long open fairway over the edge of the hill.
Hole 2 is a short thread the needle though a tree grove.
Hole 3 nice little shot up a small hill
Hole 4 is a good turnover shot with the basket on the side of a hill.
Hole 5 is your run of the mill hole with little in the way.
Hole 6 is another shot though the trees
Hole 7 is a nice thread the needle shot with the basket behind a mound of dirt. You can only see the top of the basket from the tee box. Great job on making the hole interesting.
Hole 8 is another good hole, up the hill with a small green. See the picture I posted.
Hole 9 (long) is the signature hole, longer tunnel shot, it was fun to play.

Now for the question, would I play here again?

Why yes, I really enjoyed the course. Not too long for my wimpy arm, yet not too easy either. I would consider stopping to play this course again if I am ever in the area.

Fun nine hoe to play if you're in the area..

1    8/18/2013   8/18/2013
Review By: vagabond
Pros: Not a bad little course, it was a bit better than I had expected it to be given its rather remote, small "oil town" location. It has new baskets and two concrete tee pads for each basket. I liked the gravel putting practice area at the beginning. Their is a nice map near the beginning also.
Cons: This course doesn't feel complete, It is very new, I think, which isn't a con, but their are no trails leading to the next tee and a few times just a bunch of brush to navigate thru. I bet as this course gets played more that issue will be resolved.
Other Thoughts: The metal Texas shaped tee and basket markers are interesting. I haven't seen this in other states, but I know Texans are very proud :)