5 Helpful / 0 Not
Fantastic! Now Phenomenal with New 9 Holes!
Pros: Updates after playing the brand new 9 ADDITIONAL holes on December 30, 2014
- Simply put, the new additional 9 holes are amazing!
- Some new features & improvements include one hanging basket and one elevated basket, new recycled rubber tee pads, etc.
- Also, great mix of dog leg left and rights with variations of open and wooded holes. Several holes tee off in the open and finish wooded. A few of the new holes also offer some power grip and rip crushes.
- Awesome use of property and pretty sections of woods with big pine trees and pine needles offering "Nature's Carpet" which is comforting on legs, knees, back and feet.
- Holes are fairly long with alternate tees.
- Beautiful peaceful setting (Winter)
- Smart course design
- Enjoyable & fun course to play. Park is also nice.
- Course and baskets in great condition.
- Plenty of bathrooms and water
- Easy to get to (right off the Garden State Parkway).
- Very nice tee signs with "Next Tee" signs at every hole. Big homemade log benches at every tee.
- Great mix of shots - straight, left, right, mandos, Hole 3 sports a small brook running along side from tee to hole, with basket planted just before lake. Beautiful!
- Practice basket.
- Course terrain is mostly flat, with a couple of slight slopes.
- Once in the park, there are plenty of "disc golf course" signs directing you to the correct parking lot, which has plenty of parking and very short walk to 1st tee and practice basket.
- Large course map on post sign at Hole 1. Also printed hard copy maps to take along. Lost disc box available as well.
Cons: - Having a difficult time finding anything wrong with this course at this time. Update: With the addition of the new 9 holes, I STILL cannot find anything wrong here. Except that I would like to see some of the old tee boxes updated to the new ones that were installed for the new additional holes.
Other Thoughts: - New Additional Holes Update:
- The original 9 hole course was fantastic, but the addition of the new 9 holes makes this course the BEST in NJ (according to my own personal taste).
- This course is awesome as is, but I can see the designers having fun with altering the course with variety in the future. (Not that it needs it at all).
- New 9 still shows smart and fun hole design. And fairways are fair and leaves room to work. Only bad drives are punished.
- One of my faves, Hole #16 is wooded with ample fairway width, sporting a long S-shape drive to hole.
- I originally played the 9 holer a year ago on a Wednesday and couldn't wait to go back the next day to play another round. And both days were just as enjoyable as I have experienced at any other course. Hats off to all those who put the hard work into making this a great course...and more hard work on the additional 9 to make this a Class A Course!
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.