4 Helpful / 0 Not
Getting inventive with minimal space
Pros: 1) Another small town with baskets is always a good thing.
2) Good use of limited space using 3 baskets for 9 hole with 9 different tee locations.
3) Tee posts are very visible and have the hole # distance engraved in the post, a simple hole direction and the distance listed.
4) Nice new baskets installed properly. The orange tape makes them easy to see too.
5) Beginner friendly with a touch of distance challenge.
6) Enough trees to force some tough lines.
7) The fairways seemed to keep your throws away from other activities, but if the park were crowded with other park users, it might be tough to play a round and the safety would be compromised.
Cons: I would like to see Hole #'s put on the side of the posts facing the previous basket to help with navigation because without knowing in advance you could meander the park trying to find the next hole. When I found a tee I threw a disc until regardless of the order. This would not work if it was busy however.
2) I would be worried if more than one person were here playing at a time. People have to be aware of where you are throwing and if fairways cross it always has the potential to get someone hurt.
3) Overall this land is very flat . . . the biggest elevation change is only a couple feet so this is a non factor on this course.
4) No garbage cans . . although then again I did not see any garbage either.
Other Thoughts: More exposure for the sport. I would say that this course does more good than harm since it is in a very small towns park. I imagine it will not draw outsiders to come play it will just be the town kids who want to give it a shot. I do fear for the overall safety at times and hope people can be respectful and not throw when they shouldn't and to alert the other park users as to what they are doing and where they are throwing.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.