Fairland, OK
High's DGC Share
Uploaded By: notrpmp Hole #1 (Taken 7/2013)

Private, Public backyard course

1    2/5/2019   2/9/2019
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Has rubber mat tee boxes
Has tee markers with distance and direction arrows
Cons: Rubber mats are not very big. They are all used more than once and the tee sign can be in they way of a run up.
Not much as far as obstacles.
small piece of land
Other Thoughts: A disc golf course (well, more of a practice area) in a small town with 6 Re-tire baskets. One of those baskets is a mini version used in the "circle" course.

This is a private course, open to the public. High's Deer Processing plant is across the street to the west of the open lot holding the baskets.

Basicly, you start at the south west corner tee box and throw to the hole the little tee sign points too.

There is a 9 hole longer course where you throw from one side of the lot to the other. This gives you 300+ foot holes. There is a little shorter "circle" 9 hole course that is a little easier. Or play both 9's to make 18 holes (as I did)

There is not much to say about this course. It was easy to figure out. I was expecting a pitch and putt course and got some longer holes. For the most part, you throw each tee on each corner of the lot to a basket on the other end of the lot.

There is ONE tree in the middle of one side. The other other obstacles are some white polls. Re-tire baskets actually catch pretty good if you hit them. You don't get many spits like a DGA basket.

The basket at the North West corner had a PVC pipe on each side making your upshot or drive important. I actually had it come into play when I landed at the side of the basket and could not get a clear shot. Sure enough, I hit it and bounced away.

On the circle course, there is a 1/2 size basket. It is used twice. First time I discovered it is not exactly and easy putt. 2nd time I parked it for a drop in.

In general, this is the type of course you would find in someones backyard. Good course to hang out with friends and play a game of wolf or skins. Good place to throw a new disc around to see if you like it.

Would I play here again? To be honest, no. I have been there, done that. No reason to play it again. If you are not playing it to bag it, play the courses in Miami.

My First Oklahoma Course Made For An Interesting Experience!

1    10/13/2018   11/2/2018
Pros: High's Disc Golf Course in Fairland, Oklahoma is a quirky and different disc golf experience. The course plays in a tiny strip of land tucked between the street and the train tracks behind it. There is a sign stating that this is a private course and visitors are welcome. This space is grassy with a couple small groves of trees. There are five rubber tee pads and four of them are used twice. The baskets are called Re-Tire Model A. Did these tires really come off Model A's? I'll just call them homemade. The signs are homemade, as well. There are 11 white PVC poles sticking up at various heights and places around the course. At first, I thought they were simple obstacles but I think some are used for other recreational pursuits like volleyball. A couple had a series of ropes hanging down. For what reason, I do not know?

The basket in the middle (# 6 & 8) is a miniature version of the others. It's actually very cute and offers a different challenge, something like a raised basket only Oklahoma different. # 3 is also different in that there is a cage that semi-surrounds the basket part. There are actually two 9-hole layouts here. The holes with the circled number on the tee signs are the short holes. Somehow, the designer managed to make six out of the nine holes over 300' so this is not necessarily a super easy beginner course. It's more like an easy recreation course.
Cons: CONS: Homemade signs and baskets.

Moe serious players than me would probably not appreciate the two funky baskets.

Bigger arms than me would want more room to air it out on.

Ditto goes for all the white PVC poles everywhere.

Other Thoughts: A freight train passed by just as I was teeing off on # 7 which is right next to the tracks. I was so tempted to attempt a putt into an open moving box car. Just seemed like the thing to do on this early Oklahoma morning. There are other disc golf courses 8 and 10 miles from here so it's like this is the only course for 50 miles.

Also, I seriously doubt that this course will be holding any big event tournies anytime soon so I guess the crazy, mixed up crossing everythings won't be deemed too great a safety hazard. High's DGC certainly qualifies as one of the funkier courses I've seen.