Redditch, United Kingdom
Arrow Valley Country Park Share

Decent, if a bit boggy

1    2/5/2017   2/5/2017
Review By: lathama
Pros: Good welcome board and map for those who have not played the course before.
Baskets in good condition, 50% holes have astroturf mats.
Really well laid out course
Cons: Very boggy at the moment.
Tees which don't have astroturf have been reduced to muddy slides so no run ups possible.
Lots of dog walkers and children around. Spotters are a good idea on almost any tee

Not a lot of good to say

1    5/25/2015   4/20/2016
Review By: Discgolffiend
This review was updated on 12/4/2018
Pros: It's a course, so that's a pro. baskets are good discatchers (although they seem to spit a lot of pro side putts? )

Nice park

Couple of funnish holes

Good for beginners I suppose.

Visitor center has a cafe and toilets.
Cons: I doubt I will ever play here again for a couple of reasons. (UPDATE 2nd December) I played again quickly on the way back from Cotswold View as I had a spare half an hour before dark, I didn't get all the holes in.

It's better than I remembered and looks better looked after around the greens, Hole 4 appears less blind now- raised to a 2.5 from previous 1.5, I will come back and play this again when I'm driving by, some of my comments below seem wrong now with less foliage in the way, it does feel a bit better designed, I think maintenance on my first trip had caused most of the issues. (UPDATE over)

Hole 4? (I think) was the main one. playing by myself I almost decapitated someone walking up from one of the blind paths. There are no warning signs for them or us - I had no idea from the tee there were paths crossing. This is plain dangerous. I almost packed up my discs and left at that point. Would be the best hole on the course if there weren't blind paths walking into it. With a spotter it might be ok, playing by yourself is just dangerous.

British nettles.

Ow.

Don't wear shorts. This place is massively overgrown, not looked after and nasty. It wants to hurt you.

There are nine holes here and it just doesn't feel designed, they just seem thrown together - not sure if this was a local club doing it but they could do with bringing in a professional designer as it's a boring layout and dangerous - not a winning mix! It looks like trees were cut down so obviously some money spent.
Other Thoughts: Just disappointed really. hope no one gets hurt here. With Quarry Park or Bedworth just up the road I wouldn't bother making a trip for this.

2-4    6/11/2014   6/11/2014
Review By: rhatton1
This review was updated on 4/21/2017
Pros: - Good Disccatcher baskets
- Some variation in hole types
- beginner friendly
- Free parking, free to play, cafe and toilets within 2 minute walk of the course
Cons: - poorly signposted
- poorly maintained (update April 2017 - this is being maintained a lot better now than previously)
- One hole (7) doesn't have a recognised route to basket more hit and hope Update April 2017 - this has actually improved over time with branches down and is now an enjoyable enough hole)
- One hole 4 (probably the best on the course) has three blind footpaths that cross it - accident waiting to happen.
- Nettles and thorns encroaching on the greens so after a good shot you could still be playing in a patch of nettles.
Other Thoughts: Overall a fun course to play with a reasonable mix of short (35 meters) to longish (90 meters) holes. unfortunately the course is not maintained and not well signposted.

Hole 4 is an accident waiting to happen with blind footpaths crossing from the car parks - a shame as it is probably the best hole on the course. Worth stopping if you are in the area but be prepared to spend a lot of time looking for discs especially in the summer months.

There is definite scope for a few dual tee positions to make the course more testing for a decent level player, at the moment around 5 of the holes should be easy 2's with a putter, hopefully this may be seen in future.

Limited amount of risk versus reward on each hole - the best for this is probably the shortest (hole 8) where if you go for the ace run and miss you are probably looking at a 3 finding your way back up the heavily wooded bank. All the other holes you can happily attack without any concern of getting offline.

birdie bashtastic

5+    4/12/2014   4/12/2014
Review By: robbnot
Pros: Free parking, cafe and toilets...
Great nine hole course We played the birdie bash and it was perfect, a good mix of left and right hand shots with some elevation changes as well. thoroughly recomend this course if you have a spare hour
Other Thoughts: I played 5 rounds of nine in total. Hence "played = 5"
4 in the vibram birdie bash and one after for fun and I got -2 !!! My best ever score B-)