Lincoln, IL
Lincoln Christian University DGC Share
Uploaded By: MidwestZest Hole #3 (Taken 9/2013)

If life gives you lemons...make lemonade!

1    4/17/2017   4/18/2017
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: As I finished up my round at Lincoln Christian University, I kept thinking to myself "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!".

The design of the course takes advantage of the land to make the best disc golf course possible. That said, the land is absolutely not ideal for disc golf. The obstacles, for the most part, are few and far between and makes for a pretty easy and relaxed round of disc golf. It's pretty obvious that this course was installed as an afterthought and simply a bonus.

My favorite hole was #7, which would be an absolute nightmare to play if there was a baseball game or practice. With the baseball field hugging the right side of the fairway and tall pines on the left side of the fairway, it makes a really, really fun hole. I was well under par going into this hole and it single-handedly crushed me.
Cons: I think 1.5 is the perfect rating for this course because it's passable, but not memorable, challenging, or unique.

The only course equipment is baskets (no tees, tee signs, the course map was ripped off the post), but even so the course flow was rather intuitive. It essentially just plays around a baseball diamond.
Other Thoughts: Would I come here again? No.
Do I regret coming here? No.
Do I recommend it? No.

Cute, small campus course

1    9/22/2013   9/23/2013
Review By: MidwestZest
Pros: - Very nice campus, well maintained.
- Course is relatively long, and plenty of room to air it out.
- Plenty of parking, although you won't be competing with other disc golfers for spots at this course.
- Generally easy-to-follow layout.
- Did what they could to create different shot shapes for the land they were given. I commend the designers for working well with what they had.
- #7 was a cool, long and narrow hole between a corn field and the ball diamond/dugout. Probably plays more openly when the field is not planted or harvested, and could be a pain if you lose a shot over into the ball field.
Cons: - No tee pads or posts, just tee off from last basket.
- Course plays beside, around, and almost in 2 baseball fields. Also right next to what appears to be a soccer field. Course is not open during baseball or soccer games (per the course sign) for good reason. The outfields of both fields, as well as the entire fan section of the main ball field are very in-play on this course. Designing around these fields, however, is how they created effective shot shapes for the holes.
- No readily accessible bathrooms or water on the course. I'm sure you could get into a campus building if playing during the week, but it was pretty dead on the Sunday afternoon I was there. Didn't try though. Also no trash cans on course.
Other Thoughts: - Course sign says discs, maps, and scorecards are available at "the Warehouse," which I didn't bother to figure out what it was, or go find it. I assume it was closed on Sunday anyways. Would be nice for someone to grab those and upload them here though.

- In the end, this is good for campus recreation, as well as for locals. Not much to write home about, but glad that a town of ~15,000 with two small colleges has at least some place to play.