Norwalk, CT
Oyster Shell Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: Rplus84 Hole #8 (Taken 7/2014)
3 / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Bring a sense of humor and your ground game

1    12/29/2020   1/16/2021
Review By: HyooMac
Pros:

+ Nine baskets with nine level rubber tees

+ Beautiful views of the harbor and Long Island Sound

Cons:

- The property is the worst setting for a disc golf course that I have yet experienced. It's a narrow wedge of landfill directly bordering I95 on one side, and slanting steeply down to the water on the other side. Because of the constant traffic, a high rise mall and other buildings, this location is a wind tunnel, with gusts threatening any shot higher than 6 feet off the deck will be pushed down into the water below. High risk / little reward

- Minimal signage. Just some posts next to the tees, but all the tees and baskets squeezed onto the narrow property, make the layout confusing

- This is really just a park for casual walkers and exercising dogs that's had a course grafted onto it, so you're throwing across and along walks

~ Somebody worked really hard to create a bad disc golf course in a wind tunnel right next to I95. They took the time to figure out an out-and-back layout, installed baskets and built level tees on steeply-sloping land. Just so people can throw discs into the harbor.

Where are the freaking tee signs

1    6/18/2016   7/4/2016
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Well, it does have tee pads that have not fallen apart yet.
It does have nice baskets.
Does make use of the hill the course is located on.
Cons: Where are the freaking tee signs, how come there are tees in all directions with no baskets.
I don't think there was a tree on the course. At least one in the way of your throws.
Other Thoughts: there is not much to say about this course.
I only had the address and not the map of the course so I had to play it blind.

As I walked across the bridge, I could see the basket for hole one. I look and I can't remember if I found what I thought was the tee for hole one. Anyways I though up the hill from the bridge. (I never did see the tee marked on the map for this page)

After that, I found what was hole 2's tee and started to figure out the layout somewhat.

Holes 2 and 6 are on the side of the hill. Be carefull, you could loose a disc pretty easy on these holes if you throw it wrong.

Hole 3 was a basic straight level hole with nothing in the way.

Holes 4, 7 and 8 all throw from the edge of the field near the highway. So these holes were basic downhill shots. #8 had what looks like it might be a pond after a rain in front of it. i was fully dry the day I played.

Hole #5 is probably the hardest hole to find without a map. I think there are two tee's for this one. I could not see the basket from the "long" teem, so I threw the short tee as it is marked on the map on this page. it is the shortest hole and I nearly aced it.

Hole 9 is also a big downhill shot, but longer than #5.

In all, I spent more time trying to figure out the layout because the basket nor the tees are marked with hole numbers than I did actually playing the course.

On the other hand, you can make up a variety of holes if this is the closest course to where you live.

I did get to educate some walker on what disc golf was. Who know, they may get some discs and try it out.