Tylersport, PA
Salford Township Community Park Share
Uploaded By: bcr123psu Hole #6 (Taken 10/2010)
3 / -- Par / Distance:

Share URL:

1 2 Next >
 Not much here

1    3/25/2009   3/26/2009
Review By: DWill
Pros: 9 nice baskets. Offers both open and wooded holes. It's short, so a round can be done fairly quickly if you're short on time. A play structure for the young kids is right next door.

It's perfect for introducing kids and new players to disc golf.
Cons: There are so many, where do I begin? That was my first problem with the course, I had no idea where the first tee/basket was. I didn't find a map/scorecard/directory any where. I just threw towards one basket on the other side of the park, and stumbled upon what had to be a tee pad.

Incidentally, the tee pads are tiny, but you really don't even need them, the holes are so short. Both the tee pads and baskets are unmarked, so navigation is a guess at best. I had no idea if I was playing the course in the proper order and to the correct baskets. Sometimes I was throwing with the long side of the tee pad, and sometimes with the short side. Not sure if this was correct or not.

Very few parking spaces at the post office.
Other Thoughts: I felt like this was a course I could build in my own backyard. This is a very small neighborhood park. There are no signs in the park indicating this is a disc golf course, so I imagine residents have no idea what it is, so probably, none of them use it.

A little improvement could go a long way. At a minimum, the tee pads and baskets need to be identified so you know where you are going.

I'm giving this course a rating of 1, even though it probably deservers lower, because I know a lot of effort, time and hard work had to go into getting this course installed.

Poor Baskets Going To Waste

1    6/1/2005   12/21/2008
Review By: optidiscic
This review was updated on 1/15/2010
Pros: The Baskets are nice. No traffic. Great course if you are trying to introduce your toddler to the sport. Perfect course for an elf, a gnome, or perhaps someone trying to get their first ace.
Cons: Short, I mean ridiculously short! Flat and uninteresting as far as disc golf goes. The holes are between 80 and 150 feet perhaps. Think of it as 9 putting greens clumsilly layed out in a park that gets little to no use. Despite its tiny size it is hard to navigate as their is no signage. Course seems to begin and end at the little brown bridge. Just look for little asphalt Shingles on the ground...these are tees! (perhaps 12" x 24" yeah inches) The tees point in the direction of the baskets....usually. Once in the woods I think the course plays along the gravel haunted trail. Yeah it's a haunted hayride trail and they don't ever bother cleaning up the weird stuff out there. I found a Jason Mask in one basket in January. In summer, dont be alarmed by seeing blood and gore everywhere!
Other Thoughts: I have nothing against the kid who was able to get a course built.I realize the course was an Eagle Scout Project, but the money the township spent on the baskets is such a waste. Truly a shame that with all the local clubs craving baskets that there are nice baskets just going to waste in this substandard never used park!

Not bad

2-4    5/15/2008   10/19/2008
Review By: misfitrev
Pros: This course has some variety and is located in a quiet community. Rarely will you see others on the course. The baskets are nice. The course once figured out is not bad
Cons: Didn't know about scorecards or maps being available. It took some time to figure out the layout. The tee pads are small.
Other Thoughts: This a typical 9 hole course. Nothing too exciting nothing too terrible about it.

Salford Township

9/9/2007   9/9/2007
Review By: maf763
Pros: Half open and half wooded.
Cons: Holes and tees aren't marked and I don't know of any course maps being available. There are two 2' x 2' rubber squares that serve as tees, but you can only guess if you're going for the right pin.
Other Thoughts: Pretty short course - wouldn't be bad if they marked the tees and holes.

1 2 Next >