Rock Hill, SC
Fewell Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #2 (Taken 4/2012)
Hole #2 Short Tee

< Prev 1 2 3
Cute!

1    6/14/2010   6/14/2019
Review By: takman
This review was updated on 7/1/2019
Pros: -Short little course to warm up or practice you short game
-Very creative for the land given, almost feels like someone's private garden
- Ace runs
Cons: -May not challenge the high skilled disc golfer
Other Thoughts: This course is what it is, one of the best pitch & putts I've played. Nice use of landscape and a variety of shots to shape. Glad it's here in all its glory.

Putt-n-Putt Course

1    10/4/2018   3/12/2019
Review By: pmay5
Pros: Good baskets, small but adequate tee signs.
Nice, well kept small park.
Nice park building with restrooms right near 1st tee.
Well laid out, variety of holes. They even use the little elevation that is available.
Small, family and newbie friendly course.
Cons: No tee pads, but they really aren't needed when you're throwing putters on every hole.
Course is so small, expect others to be on or near the course.
Other Thoughts: You've heard of Pitch-n-Putt courses? This is more like a Putt-n-Putt course. OK, I did throw a few Mids, but not too many. This is a great chance to introduce new players to the game, or bring the family for a round, before or after a trip to the playground!
I was there on a weekday morning, and several moms had their kids out running around. In fact, they wandered over to the third basket, just as I was getting to the tee, then proceeded to meander down the fairway! I played it cool and waited on them, no reason to give us a bad rap.
Fun little course to throw different short shots and even deal with elevation change.
#2 goes downhill, #3 uphill, then #7 goes down into the woods and #8 back uphill out of the woods. Nice variety.
Yes, this was my course bagging stop on the way to my first USDGC. Turns out, I had plenty of time so should have played Boyd Hill, that will have to be on my next trip to RH.
Good chance to work on putters and upshots. I'm glad there are courses like this, not everyone can, or wants to, play a championship level course.

For what it is....

1    10/6/2018   10/8/2018
Review By: DavidSauls
Pros: For what it is....it's a pretty good course.

And what it is is a beginner's/family/putter course. The short tees---where the signs are---have a bunch of 120' holes (and one 69-footer), but unlike some such courses, they twist around enough trees to screw up if you're not careful.

The long tees vary from having a bit of challenge to, in a few cases, just being perplexing. And, on such a cozy course, create a bit of overlap. But they do offer a step up.

The course sits in a pretty little park in a nice neighborhood.
Cons: The biggest con is really unfair: It's not for most disc golfers, or probably not most who would be on this site and read the review. It's audience is kids and very casual players, and perhaps some middling players like myself, playing a putter round. The 10-year-old I played with, who frequently plays some fairly challenging adult courses, loved it.
Other Thoughts: It's a 4-star course in its division.

That being, very short beginner courses.

Beginner Friendly. . .ish

2-4    9/4/2017   9/6/2017
Review By: Margaret N.
This review was updated on 9/26/2017
Pros: I'm a complete beginner, so please bear with me if some of my terminology is incorrect.

This course has been a nice, easy intro into the game. It has given me an opportunity to get a feel for it without having to tough it out on a more complicated course.

The holes are short, which for me as a beginner is a plus. For more experienced players, I don't think this course would be very helpful beyond working on your short game.

The holes are open enough that there isn't as much of a chance for the disc to end up in the trees, which is nice as a beginner.
Cons: There are signs missing for tees/holes 1, 4, and 6. I had to walk the whole course before I could figure out where the tees were for those holes through a process of elimination. I'm sure more experienced players could have figured it out more easily, but as a beginner, it was very frustrating having to figure it out for myself.

There is a lot of broken glass on the course. I didn't see any pieces that were big enough to worry about them going through the sole of a shoe, but I did end up with a slice on the back on my finger that I suspect happened when I picked up a disc.

The baskets were a bit banged up/bent. It didn't seem to affect my play, but I could see it being a problem.
Other Thoughts: This course has potential for very new beginners and children, or maybe people looking to work on their short game, but the missing signs are definitely not beginner friendly. They also really need to work on getting the glass cleaned up, as it could definitely prove to be a hazard, especially if people are taking younger kids there to play.

Updated: 9/26/2017
The concrete posts that mark the tees have been repainted (blue for the short tees, yellow for the long), and hole numbers have been painted on the tops. So, the missing tee signs aren't as big an issue at this point.

A gem of a beginner course

1    10/2/2015   10/9/2015
Review By: Jaysauls
Pros: Okay, I admit, I couldn't stop grinning when I played this course. Is it cool or tough or unique? No, not really. What it is, is a GREAT,probably the best beginner course I've ever played. When you add in the surroundings...safe neighborhood, 9-holes with dual tees, a great patch of woods for kids to play in and explore...what is not to like?

The shorts are very short...just what beginners need! The longs are much longer and tricky. Once again, what a beginning player needs! Some of the longs had me trying to figure out what line I wanted to throw, so they aren't gimmie holes.

Sure, anyone that's played more than a year is going to eat up the course, but that's not what it's for. It's to get kids 8 and older playing. And there it does a superb job.

And if the kids don't want to play? Well, then let the adults/parents play with putters and mid-ranges while the kids explore the woods (great patch of woods!) or play on the playground.

When you add in all that is here for young players, it was really hard not to let my heart get away with the scoring and give it a 3. If I lived near the park, I'd play every day with a putter to work on crazy upshots.
Cons: Navigation can be a bit tricky, we got confused on a couple of holes. But since the entire course is on a postage stamp, didn't take long to figure out.

And there was a bit of maintenance that was needed. An hour with loppers would have made a huge difference.
Other Thoughts: Like I've said before...a fantastic course for kids to learn this sport. Kudos to the designer.

Teeny tiny "park"

2-4    2/17/2013   2/17/2013
Review By: Bennybennybenny
This review was updated on 11/30/2015
Pros: -Nice, small park in Rock Hill with an easy disc golf course in a very nice neighborhood, not sketchy or anything.
-You can play 4 rounds here in less than an hour because it's very short.
-It's short but every hole can blow your birdie, for example, #1, you can't throw straight, #2 is a good bit downhill and has a dropoff and #5 is slightly uphill with a bunch of trees and ya have no line. Thing is, every hole can stop you from getting a birdie except #7. You really should birdie that one.
-#2 is pretty fun! It plays nicely downhill and has a dropoff, it's fun AND aceable, like #15 at South Mountain. #9 is also interesting, it's a dogleg left that goes into the woods.
-Baskets are 17 to 18 years old and they catch very well still. I got a hole in one on #7 so it shows that they catch well enough.
-Nice, mild challenge for beginners considering the fact that it's wooded.
-Arrows pointing back where the long tees are. The front tees are blue and the longs are yellow.
-Long tees so it can be a bit more interesting.
Cons: -Mainly, the "Parking lot" is tiny, only a few parking spots and a couple were reserved. It felt like pulling into a driveway and playing in a man's backyard which was an interesting layout but lack of parking spots.
-The front office isn't open on weekends. So no bathrooms on the weekends.
-#4's long tee was pointless. It's only maybe 4 feet behind the short tee.
-18 years old and has no teepads, only 18 inch carpet and the longs have no teepads at all. -Course seems to be neglected since the baskets are very old and there still are not real teepads. I don't think this "park" is good for a dg course.
-#2's long tee crosses #9's green.
-No benches or trashcans but they aren't really needed due to the course being really short.
-#7 isn't a real hole. It's got about a four to five foot drop and it's only 65'. It's just a long putt with a 0/10 challenge.
Other Thoughts: Overall, the course was super easy with a couple nicely designed holes for the small space availible for the course. I thought it was boring but I was happy that I got a 1 on #7 even though it's 65 feet long, It definitely has potential to get a higher rating if it gets maintained better. I woundn't consider it good but it was an okay place to practice your approach shots but since I got a hole in one, I don't think I'm coming back. It will get boring quickly.

do you like woods?

5+    10/12/2012   10/15/2012
Review By: terryjoshbennett
Pros: This course is very short, example: hole 7 is 65 feet. It is located in a very beautiful park/complex area. The first ace that I ever shot was at this course on the aforementioned hole 7. This course will make you feel great about your skill level.
Cons: This is a con and a pro: it is heavily wooded. It is bad in the sense that many trees are right in the flight path of many normal shots. Don't be deceived, even though this course is very short, it can still be a challenge to any level of player.
Other Thoughts: I would suggest playing this course twice on one visit, making it a simple 18. In my experience, if you can't make it out of this park at par or under, then you need to come back and keep trying. The challenge of the trees will make you better!

you dont have an ace? Play Here!

1    9/14/2012   9/20/2012
Review By: BraveThrower43
Pros: Great place for beginers or those trying to improve their short game or ace count.

I was qable to play it in less than 15 min by myself.

The course flowed really well and it was easy to find every hole

I felt that the design was great for the tiny piece of property the course is on.
Cons: The baskets are old school and have bolts that stick out of the top that I bet would tear up your discs.

It is just a pitch and putt.
Other Thoughts: There really isnt much to say about this one because I felt that it was a good course for the space and the objective of creating a beginer course. I wouldn't say that it was a bad course by any means but its definatly not championship caliber. If your in the Rock Hill area and want to play a quick round to add a new course. Stop here and carry 2 discs. YOu'll be through in no time.

Needs to be updated

2-4    8/20/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: JBryant
Pros: Short game haven. - ace runs (made one on the 65ft hole with my putter) lol

Fast play here. We saw no other DGers there.

Baskets were in good shape for being so old.

-Alternate set of tees, so course can play as 18.

Cons: Needs to be redesigned. The course was built with old style frisbees in mind. There is plenty of room tomake a nice 9 hole course with alternate tees.

Some existing tees were difficult to find.

No water nor bathroom on site.

Mulch and dirt tee pads.
Other Thoughts: Had fun there playing all forehand and I NEVER do that lol. All you need is a mid range and a putter.

Lots of fun to be had here.

2-4    8/20/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: S.Cann
Pros: -Lots of ace runs

-Great course to work on your midrange or putter game or to work on a specific skill (backhand, forehand, offhand, etc.)

-Close proximity to other courses. This course is easily played in just a couple of minutes.

-Pretty well maintained, wasn't overgrown.

-Alternate set of tees, so course can play as 18.
Cons: -Does not use available woods.

-This is not the place to work on your driver game.

-Some tees are difficult to find.

-Old baskets that frequently spit out.

-Lack of amenities. No water nor bathroom on site.

-Mulch and dirt tee pads.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun little course and great place for an ace race. A friend of mine and I played 3 rounds different ways (iron man, forehand, etc.) in under an hour.

All in all, this course is a welcome break from the long and difficult holes of Winthrop.

< Prev 1 2 3