Rock Hill, SC
Fewell Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #7 (Taken 4/2012)

Share URL:

Beginner Friendly. . .ish

2-4    9/4/2017   9/6/2017
Review By: Margaret N.
This review was updated on 9/26/2017
Pros: I'm a complete beginner, so please bear with me if some of my terminology is incorrect.

This course has been a nice, easy intro into the game. It has given me an opportunity to get a feel for it without having to tough it out on a more complicated course.

The holes are short, which for me as a beginner is a plus. For more experienced players, I don't think this course would be very helpful beyond working on your short game.

The holes are open enough that there isn't as much of a chance for the disc to end up in the trees, which is nice as a beginner.
Cons: There are signs missing for tees/holes 1, 4, and 6. I had to walk the whole course before I could figure out where the tees were for those holes through a process of elimination. I'm sure more experienced players could have figured it out more easily, but as a beginner, it was very frustrating having to figure it out for myself.

There is a lot of broken glass on the course. I didn't see any pieces that were big enough to worry about them going through the sole of a shoe, but I did end up with a slice on the back on my finger that I suspect happened when I picked up a disc.

The baskets were a bit banged up/bent. It didn't seem to affect my play, but I could see it being a problem.
Other Thoughts: This course has potential for very new beginners and children, or maybe people looking to work on their short game, but the missing signs are definitely not beginner friendly. They also really need to work on getting the glass cleaned up, as it could definitely prove to be a hazard, especially if people are taking younger kids there to play.

Updated: 9/26/2017
The concrete posts that mark the tees have been repainted (blue for the short tees, yellow for the long), and hole numbers have been painted on the tops. So, the missing tee signs aren't as big an issue at this point.

Needs to be updated

2-4    8/20/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: JBryant
Pros: Short game haven. - ace runs (made one on the 65ft hole with my putter) lol

Fast play here. We saw no other DGers there.

Baskets were in good shape for being so old.

-Alternate set of tees, so course can play as 18.

Cons: Needs to be redesigned. The course was built with old style frisbees in mind. There is plenty of room tomake a nice 9 hole course with alternate tees.

Some existing tees were difficult to find.

No water nor bathroom on site.

Mulch and dirt tee pads.
Other Thoughts: Had fun there playing all forehand and I NEVER do that lol. All you need is a mid range and a putter.

Lots of fun to be had here.

2-4    8/20/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: S.Cann
Pros: -Lots of ace runs

-Great course to work on your midrange or putter game or to work on a specific skill (backhand, forehand, offhand, etc.)

-Close proximity to other courses. This course is easily played in just a couple of minutes.

-Pretty well maintained, wasn't overgrown.

-Alternate set of tees, so course can play as 18.
Cons: -Does not use available woods.

-This is not the place to work on your driver game.

-Some tees are difficult to find.

-Old baskets that frequently spit out.

-Lack of amenities. No water nor bathroom on site.

-Mulch and dirt tee pads.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun little course and great place for an ace race. A friend of mine and I played 3 rounds different ways (iron man, forehand, etc.) in under an hour.

All in all, this course is a welcome break from the long and difficult holes of Winthrop.

Fun little course

5+    4/7/2011   4/7/2011
Review By: freakinback
This review was updated on 4/29/2011
Pros: Great for short game and noobs like me. Locals are cool and some are helpful. There are two tees for each hole. playing both allows for a round of 18. One set is short the other shorter.
Cons: You never get a chance to air it out. I don't think there is a hole over 200 feet. Can get crowed quickly on nice days.
Other Thoughts: I play here every day after work rain or shine. I can play a round with just my putter in under 10 mins. For me this is a good way to unwind from work. There is a field behind the course if you want to test out

Great for Newbies and Those Looking to Improve Short Game

5+    4/23/2009   7/23/2010
Review By: LiquidIce
Pros: -Your bag can stay in the car (only 2 discs needed: mid-range and putter)
-Great course to show newbies how to play
-Great place to improve short game
Other Thoughts: This is a short course, just like my review :) IMO, the reason for building it was to introduce the game to more people and it does that quite well.

Lunchtime Fun

5+    5/14/2010   5/26/2010
Review By: cvlngnir
Pros: Great short game practice.
Plenty of trees on some holes to require you to plan shot lines more carefully.
Very seldom is it crowded.
Baskets in good condition.
Cons: Way too short to work on any kind of drive.
Dirt tee pads.
Some local schools will use the course for non-dg use during the day.
Other Thoughts: You can play the whole course twice in a lunch hour with a group of five. We play just about every Friday during lunch just get out of the office and have some fun. I have gotten at least two new DG'ers b/c of this course.

Found and returned my first disc here.

20 minutes of Practice

2-4    5/2/2010   5/3/2010
Review By: AndyBernard14
Pros: Nice to practice your short game on. Hole 7 is a mild joke: it's only 65 feet. I played the whole thing with one disc so it was pretty casual. I kind of liked the whole idea because I could play it a few times through and maybe hole a few. Makes the average player feel good. Great for a novice looking to learn the game.
Cons: Not really a real course. Just a practice course that you can go mess around at. If you want a nice 9 hole course, go to Tirzah. Nothing really bad though. Just a nice course that you can play a casual few rounds on.
Other Thoughts: Good place to go if you're bored and you wanna play by yourself. Good and casual and nobody will make fun of you if you don't play well. You also can't lose a disc so there's not much downside.