Rock Hill, SC
Fewell Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #7 (Taken 4/2012)

Share URL:

Just for practice

2-4    5/11/2010   8/11/2010
Review By: jnuzz17
Pros: Very short course good for pitch and putt practice. many aceable / par at worst holes. If you have young kids take them here to give them confidence.
Cons: Course layout seems very basic and not well thought out. Baskets are in rough shape. Holes can be boring and basic after playing it once.
Other Thoughts: DO NOT go here if you want a challenging course. Use this course for sharpening short game skills only!

Great for Newbies and Those Looking to Improve Short Game

5+    4/23/2009   7/23/2010
Review By: LiquidIce
Pros: -Your bag can stay in the car (only 2 discs needed: mid-range and putter)
-Great course to show newbies how to play
-Great place to improve short game
Other Thoughts: This is a short course, just like my review :) IMO, the reason for building it was to introduce the game to more people and it does that quite well.

Lunchtime Fun

5+    5/14/2010   5/26/2010
Review By: cvlngnir
Pros: Great short game practice.
Plenty of trees on some holes to require you to plan shot lines more carefully.
Very seldom is it crowded.
Baskets in good condition.
Cons: Way too short to work on any kind of drive.
Dirt tee pads.
Some local schools will use the course for non-dg use during the day.
Other Thoughts: You can play the whole course twice in a lunch hour with a group of five. We play just about every Friday during lunch just get out of the office and have some fun. I have gotten at least two new DG'ers b/c of this course.

Found and returned my first disc here.

20 minutes of Practice

2-4    5/2/2010   5/3/2010
Review By: AndyBernard14
Pros: Nice to practice your short game on. Hole 7 is a mild joke: it's only 65 feet. I played the whole thing with one disc so it was pretty casual. I kind of liked the whole idea because I could play it a few times through and maybe hole a few. Makes the average player feel good. Great for a novice looking to learn the game.
Cons: Not really a real course. Just a practice course that you can go mess around at. If you want a nice 9 hole course, go to Tirzah. Nothing really bad though. Just a nice course that you can play a casual few rounds on.
Other Thoughts: Good place to go if you're bored and you wanna play by yourself. Good and casual and nobody will make fun of you if you don't play well. You also can't lose a disc so there's not much downside.

kiddie course

1    2/26/2010   2/26/2010
Review By: hogleggbob
Pros: good for putt and approach practice, a good place to bring a new player. little park in a nice neighborhood.
Cons: too short, the baskets looked acient, maybe mach 1's. every hole had someones name on them and how they aced that hole...whoppty doo.
Other Thoughts: i went here just to check it out, that being said, i wont be back. if you are in rock hill and want to play a 9 hole course, goto tirzah church or the high school.

Fewell Park-Home Of The 20 Minute Round!

1    7/22/2009   7/22/2009
This review was updated on 2/26/2010
Pros: It's a cross between a pitch and putt course and a disc golf putt-putt course. I think it needs to grow up a little to full achieve full pitch & putt status. That being said, it's a great little course for someone to learn the game on. A great course for the local 10-15 year olds to hang out and throw. A interesting course to practice your short game and a place to go if you want to rack up another Ace. Or bring the girlfriend who can only throw 75 ft.
Cons: I think only one hole is over 200 ft. The baskets are the single chain type and the teepads are dirt. But you probably don't need a run-up on 125 ft. holes, do you?
Other Thoughts: # 6 is a 65 foot open, sightly downhill shot where you need to give it a little anhyser. One of disc golfs truly memorable holes. It ranks right up the "Top of the World" # 18 at Delavega. Well, I aced # 6 here on my second round of the day. And no, I'm not retiring my putter to the wall anytime soon. But I did write the Ace information on the back so my friends at home can bust my balls about a 65 ft. ace. I talked to a group of the local pre-teens who play here and asked them how many Aces they have. They all had three or four already. Take this course for what it is! And then figure out a way to enjoy it!

Fun little Course

1    7/14/2009   7/14/2009
Review By: DiscnDude
Pros: Fun, short course - Not very much trash. Locals aren't lowlifes. Wide open, so if something goes down your not in the woods (if you know what i mean). Would be a great place to get an ace.
Cons: Not to much parking alot of people were parked on the side of the road.
Other Thoughts: Great for practice, the baskets werent the new Innova Discatchers or w/e but who cares.

C = An unashamed pitch & putt course

5+    5/22/2004   5/1/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up (counting everything as a Par-2, so a birdie is an ace):
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B+ (Aces feel great even on 100' holes)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+ (Surprisingly, for such short holes you gotta shape your throws pretty well to get ace runs)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C- (The big Oaks are nice, but on such a small piece of land you never feel like you are getting away)
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

You won't believe it til you see it

1    8/7/2008   2/7/2009
Review By: DiscJunkie
Pros: Good place to work on your approach and putting.
Cons: Small, short, not much of a challenge. More like a Pitch and Putt.
Other Thoughts: As long as you don't expect much, this can be fun. Only 9 holes. The total area is probably less than 5 acres.

Easiest course I've ever played

1    6/28/2008   7/18/2008
Review By: JD Heel
This review was updated on 7/8/2009
Pros: - Excellent course to work on midrange, putting, etc. You only need two discs (max) on this course.

- This course is great for beginners, and a confidence-builder for anyone else. Lots of ace possibilities and birdie probabilities.

- Whether you play 9 or 18 (from the alternate tee positions), it's the quickest round of disc golf you'll ever play.
Cons: - Definitely cramped, as mentioned before. I actually aimed for the wrong basket on one hole (9/18) because there was another basket in the same general direction.

- Not much variety, as one would expect with a course this small. The course is moderately wooded, though, so at least it's not like you're playing 9/18 holes out in a field somewhere.
Other Thoughts: - I enjoyed this course because I played 36-hole match play with a friend. Even that was a quick round. I can only imagine how quick it would be for just one player. All I can say is that you have to know going in that it's a short course and there isn't much challenge to it. If you go in with that attitude, it can be a great opportunity to work on your short game.