Princeton, WV
Glenwood Park Share
Uploaded By: greg_b_4 Hole #4 (Taken 7/2014)

My Favorite Local Course in WV

5+    3/7/2016   3/8/2016
Review By: michael_w
Pros: There are may pros to this course. It is located on a beautiful lake that is I believe county owned, so it is maintained well. I am friends with the course designer, and he also does a great job of keeping things groomed. This course has a great blend of wooded shots and long open field shots, and almost every pin is at higher or lower elevation than the tee box. No shots straight into a basket. (excluding hole 10, which is over the lake) I believe that the walks between holes was made as short as possible. The only long walk you are going to have is from hole 17 to hole 18. I have learned to love this walk. It is beside the lake, and gives you a minute to think about what needs to happen on 18.
Cons: My con list is pretty short. My main complaint is that there are some rough thorn bushes in a couple of places. They aren't throughout the entire course, but I would say that 7 or 8 of the holes have some large bunches of them that you should try to avoid. My other con is that the people in the park can be pretty stupid at times. I know this can be a problem anywhere, but most people don't realize what you are doing and walk right by the holes and not take into consideration what is going on.
Other Thoughts: Having a relationship with the designer, and playing with him on a regular basis, I know that this course will only improve over time. Ever hole we play we are constantly thinking of ways to improve the layout, functionality, aesthetics, and dynamics of the hole. I love playing this course, and I am proud to take ownership of it as my home course.