Bonner Springs, KS
Wyandotte County Park Share
Uploaded By: jeremiahd Hole #4 (Taken 8/2009)

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Wyandotte Will Work

1    3/26/2017   4/9/2017
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Wyandotte County Park has enough going on to keep the game interesting. 18 holes with concrete tee pads, signs at each tee, and good baskets. A park that has mature trees strewn about the lawns covering gently rolling hills.

The elevation changes are not great, but are definitely noticeable. The trees will serve as obstacles on nearly every hole, but rarely become dense enough to block large stretches by overlapping. There are some long holes with several par 4's, and multiple pin positions on many of the holes.

A casual round that is good for learning or practicing the fundamental throws. Not super technical, but with enough shaping to work out a lot of different shots.

The best holes for me were 4 and 7. They are two of the most wooded sections of the course. Hole 4 in the short position had a decent drive around a few trees, followed by a hard dogleg right through a window that passes over a creek bed. Hole 7 went down a slope that carries toward the right into a cluster of trees that surround the pin.
Cons: If you have a top level skill set there won't be enough resistance to present a serious challenge here. Keep it out of the branches, and you shouldn't have a lot of trouble making par or better.
Other Thoughts: I played this one with a few random discs floating around in the bed of my truck. No mid ranges, no putters. Didn't have the bag with me, but was driving by and decided to give it a shot.

Scored a 63, which was only one over par going by the DGCR app. This seemed to be a generous par, as some holes were kind of long, but only 3 really felt like legit par 4's. This could be to due to pins being in short placements.

There was two baskets on hole 2, but the rest had only one. Made deuces on hole 8 and 10, and my only 5 was on hole 7. 8 was just a nice drive but nothing special. 10 was a good tee shot also. but I converted on a longer putt that was downhill behind the basket making it more of a risk if you overshoot. I had a rotten drive on 7 and bonked a tree on my first putt.

Overall a nice course in a nice park that has a few nice holes. Nothing outstanding, but very enjoyable. The clouds kept it overcast and cool when I visited, and the wind was not overpowering.

If you take any interest in farming, the Agriculture Hall of Fame and Museum are right across the street. Dig it.

I'll keep looking

1    9/2/2016   9/5/2016
Review By: Coberley16
Pros: Good open areas. Good use of flags on baskets for tough to see shots.
Cons: Grass had not been maintained. I was playing in shin-high to knee-high grass and I'm 6'3". No real fairway/out of bounds marked.
Other Thoughts: I'll keep looking around for a course I enjoy playing more often.

in need of mowin'

1    6/25/2016   6/25/2016
Review By: juswinginit
This review was updated on 6/27/2016
Pros: great spacious park setting, rolling hills, mature trees, huge tee pads, great variety in hole length- a couple short enough to make ace runs- several long enough to test your arm. generous space between fairways. well signed, easy layout to follow, benches at every tee pad.....and half of the course was recently mowed.....
Cons: .....but the other half.....not mowed....and parts are getting pretty gnarly....its one thing to spend some time looking for a disc when you miss the fairway, but when it is a realistic possibility to lose a disc when you hit the fairway, thats just not my idea of fun.
Other Thoughts: If completely mowed it is definitely a 3.5. But, in the condition it was in when I was there, I feel I am being generous to give it a 3.0. Mow. please. thank you.

I'll be back!

1    5/10/2016   5/11/2016
Review By: edclay
Pros: A beautiful setting. Not a lot of trees but the ones that are there are large and wide and affect shot selection. With all the rain we've had lately, this course seemed hardly affected. Only a few sloppy spots. The fairway grass was tall in some areas but not overly concerned. Again, it's been a rainy period and that would affect maintenance. I had a course map but found the tees fairly well marked. All seemed to have benches and most had trash containers. A very clean course.
Cons: I never found the basket on 4. I eventually ended up thinking it may be in for repair. Now I think I just missed it. References to the length of the grass in other reviews, I would agree if not maintained regularly could be unpleasant.
Other Thoughts: This is a very good course, at least on the day I played. I did very badly and I"m not that good to start with. But it was my 1st time on the course and figuring out where the baskets are and what would be the best shot makes a difference. I know I'll do better next time. The main obstacle the course presented me were the trees. I would get just high enough to catch the bottom branches and lose distance. Or I would not give a tree enough distance to get around it. Challenging for me but that's what makes it fun.

A Big Course for Big Arms

2-4    1/1/2016   1/2/2016
Review By: SirDreward
Pros: - Nicely maintained concrete teepads and benches.
- DGA baskets fairly well maintained with flags.
- Nice park overall.
- Well marked.
- Bridges over creeks where needed.
- Uses the topography and trees well for such an big and open course.
- Only one real water hazard.
- Lost disc return.
Cons: - Lack of trashcans.
Other Thoughts: As the title of my review states, it's a big course for big arms. The grass in spring to fall can be a bear if not mowed. The wind can be a big factor because it is so open. It takes a lot of people to make this course seem busy.

Air Show

5+    7/18/2015   7/19/2015
Review By: air show
This review was updated on 10/16/2015
Pros: Large concrete tee pads & mach 3s. Beautiful trees and stunning fairways. Many chances to fire the big gun. This is my kind of course. Tight enough to keep focus and long enough to wear me out. This is my favorite course to play in the kc metro.
Cons: Turf Turf Turf.

This is my home course and one of the worst maintained (turf) parks in the kc metro. Yesterday 7/18/15 the grass was higher than a standing disc with wild flowers up to the knees.

Have been throwing here for about 8 yrs and the turf maintenance has always sucked.
Other Thoughts: However not a course to miss. When mowed (maybe every 3 1/2 weeks) wyco is a solid five ranking. This course can be paradise. Rarely busy and always peaceful. I love competing against this course. If you can par 3 this course you got game!

The local club (KCFDC) are the only ones to credit for this great course.

Water hydrants by shelters after baskets 2 and 15.

Park closes at midnight - great place to glow.

KCFDC league play on Friday evenings.

enjoyable course

1    6/26/2015   6/26/2015
Review By: t55dude
Pros: Very large tee boxes. Easy to follow course. Good use of the terrain, trees strategically placed to add just the right difficulty. Lee action changes are subtle but noticeable. Beautiful park, Very clean course. Benches on nearly every hole. Multiple pins on every hole should keep locals coming back. Tee signs are very well done.
Cons: Park is huge and there are no signs directing you to the course. Only one tee pad on e very hole. Most holes are very long and a player who throws up to 300' is not given enough birdie chances. Would be nice to know what pin the baskets are in at the tee pad, The drive definitely changes depending on pin location for most holes.
Other Thoughts: As a visiting player from the east coast, I would definitely play the course again. While not my favorite course in the area, it is definitely worth the trip.

Go Big

5+    4/20/2015   4/24/2015
Review By: ChalkRocks
Pros: I'll start off by saying that this is my home course. I play here at least once a week. It is rarely crowded, which I love. Baskets are all in pretty good shape with giant teepads for each hole. Really nice for the large run ups needed for this beast of a course. It's a great workout and takes around 2 hours to play if you're moving quick. Trash cans are rarely full, if ever and there are benches on every hole. Very nice indeed. You're about 5 min from legends so plenty of conveniences right around the corner
Cons: The average length of this course is around 450 ft per hole. I have a decent arm but even I get a little tired of the constant huge drives necessary for this course.

And then there's the biggest draw back to this course, taking it down a solid 1.5 in rating. Grass upkeep. If you're lucky enough to play immediately after a mowing, it's fantastic. However the grass is generally mown once a month and gets long. I mean really long. In the summer it's gotten above my knees on multiple occasions. Really frustrating on such a pretty course.
Other Thoughts: This course is at least a 4/5 when freshly mown. It's large, open, moderately challenging and pretty. But when the grass is long, it can be infuriating. Make sure you pack a pair of long socks or long pants during the summer months

Easter disc golf

1    4/20/2014   4/20/2014
Review By: Aceman53nc
Pros: Nice course. Pack a lunch and expect to walk a lot , went for first time today and it was beautiful. Don't go on Friday afternoon unless your in league.
Cons: Well manicured fun holes
Other Thoughts: Flags need replacing?

WyCo, Beautiful Course to Test Your Arm

1    10/23/2013   10/28/2013
Review By: constantlyej
Pros: The course is extremely clean, and well laid out. There are a few really long pin placements which really allow you to test your arm. Holes 1 and 18 are some of the prettiest tunnels that leave just enough open space to allow your disc move left to right without banging into trees, but if you're release isn't perfect you are destined to get caught up behind some wood. However, the trees are very well kept, so there is not a ton of underbrush to deal with. Hole 16 has a nasty OB with brush, a steep hill, and a bunch of cedars and thorny weeds along the left-hand side- STAY RIGHT!. Overall, this course is really beautiful, and pretty wide open.
Cons: If it's windy, it's going to be a really really long day. It's not the longest course in the world, and the elevation is moderate, but the wind could make a good player really frustrated. I strongly suggest getting your rollers going for you if the wind is up.

However, as of the time I played (Oct 23, 2013), the grass was just high enough that my rollers weren't as great as I would have wanted- still it helped beat the wind and give me more distance than some of the longer lifted bombs I attempted.
Other Thoughts: This was my worst score in a long time. The par on the placements at the time was a 65- I shot a 76. Part of it is that I wasn't hitting my puts, another part was it was my first cold outing of the year, but mainly- it was just because I don't have the best arm yet. What I would typically get out 300-325 was dropping down around 275. I had a total of 4 pars the entire round.

But the course was pretty much all to ourselves, I think we saw one other guy playing single on the course. The course is so pretty, I really can't believe that there weren't more people out playing! I can't wait to hit this course again!

< Prev 1 2 3 4