1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pond under construction
Pros: Typical city park type course.... very scenic, open restrooms, playground for the kids. Good use of mature trees as primary obstacles.
Have upgraded to concrete pads since last reviewer.
Excellent signage, decent flow to the course.
Hole #4 is to be the highlight, but some type of work was being done on the pond leaving it dry and very overgrown. That said, you still had to make the choice of throwing over or laying up to the side.
Other memorable holes:
#2 Tight throwing lane with enough trees to make you think through your shot.
#3 Little more open, with a creek about 2/3 down the fairway and tree protection near the basket.
#9 Blind throw over top of pond levee with dog leg right direction.
Cons: It is a tight course with potential pedestrian traffic (Holes 1-3) or other disc throwers (holes 5-7). Was pretty empty on my visit.
Other Thoughts: Was course #3 of 4 (and number #190 for career) of a rural Missouri road trip.
Was a fun niner wedged in between a very hilly 18 and bomber 18 course. Was the right course at the right time.
As stated above, they were working on the pond- lots of "Construction" signs out and about. If they get that finished and looking sharp would make for a really good course.
While rated as typical, would not be worth a solo trip to its rural location. If you're knocking out a few courses, then it's worth the stop.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
A walk in the park
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Lovely setting in the park of a small town.
- Nice signs at every teepad and a large map at the beginning of the course.
- Parking lot right next to Hole #1.
- Hole #4 is a beautiful signature hole that requires an accurate drive of about 225 feet over the pond.
- Several nice little wooden bridges to facilitate walking each hole with ease.
Cons: - Holes #5 through #7 are quite close to each other.
- Hole #1 plays over a pedestrian path/small road, so be careful.
- Hole #9 requires a blind shot (possibly over the edge of the pond) without much of a fairway. Feels like a typical get-back-to-the-parking-lot shot.
- Not too much variety. Score variance is likely to be low.
Other Thoughts: - The homemade baskets were not an issue like I thought they might be, but the chains might be a little too rigid for some players' liking.
- The distance for Hole #3 is less than the 315 feet posted.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.