Carl Junction, MO
Lakeside Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: bjflash Hole #12 (Taken 11/2014)

Frustrating Navigation

1    8/2/2015   8/2/2015
Review By: jayhawker737
Pros: Most of the water shots were fun and made the holes interesting.
I enjoyed the different distances from the tee pads.
The park is set in a very nice area.
The baskets seem to catch well.
Cons: The navigation between some holes was poor. For example after completing hole 9, I noticed you were supposed to walk back to where you started and then walk even farther back to play hole 10. This was confusing as the basket for number 9 was right by hole 12's tee pad. For this reason I did not play 10 or 11. After finishing hole 12, you were supposed to walk exactly back from where you started the hole to begin 13. The walk from 17's basket to 18's tee pad was out of the way.
The tee pads were just a couple of feet too short for a tall guy.
Other Thoughts: Really I didn't have a long list of cons, but the navigation really put a damper on the course for me. Maybe I misunderstood how to get to hole 10, but from the maps it looks like you have to backtrack a long ways just to get to the hole. I enjoyed playing this course for the first time on a cooler morning of a really hot day. I think this course could be a fun place to play a glow round with the water and the nice surrounding neighborhood. Even though I gave this a 3, I will be playing this course again. If I could rate it a 3.4 I would, but it was not a 3.5 and as of this moment is not a 4.33 like it was before my review.

Very Challenging

2-4    9/1/2014   4/4/2015
Review By: Mr_Grigsby
Pros: -Some very challenging holes. Really puts your skills to the test.
-Nice scenery
-Multiple pins per hole
-Concrete tee pads
Cons: -High chance to lose a disc
-Some holes run close to yards
Other Thoughts: This is a great course. Built on an old part of the Briar Brook golf course, it is already setup nicely for disc golf.

There are many challenging holes on this course, with many running close to water. Each hole also has three different pins, which gives a very nice variety to each hole. Each time I have played the course, the basket is in a different spot on each hole. Having to adapt to where the basket is each time is really fun.

However, if you are just starting to play disc golf, I would be cautious on this course. Over half of the course runs close to some sort of water, which will make losing discs very easy. On several occasions, I have some close to losing some of my favorite discs.

Overall, this is a great course to play, just try not to throw your disc into somebodies yard.

build the next one

5+    10/6/2014   11/11/2014
Review By: RONALDOHUFF
Pros: -Lots of risk/reward shots and I like having the water because of the challenge.
- The baskets are great baskets, built by MD Disc Golf
- Hardest course with in an hour
- Really nice neighborhood
Cons: - Lots and lots... and lots of lost discs, I made a lake rake to get them out and it helps a lot.
- Some brush and poison ivy in places, it is getting better though.
- Some not-so-freindly locals who may not really like the sport being behind their house
Other Thoughts: The course is great and one of my favorites, be ready to loose a disc though. Stay out of peoples yards because thats when you get to meet the not-so-friendly locals and remember we want to grow the sport.

Todd's review

5+    10/22/2014   10/23/2014
Review By: todd calhoon
Pros: good variety of shots, very challenging. changing pin placements on any hole changes the look & play of the hole
Cons: water holes on course aren't beginner-friendly, but they can be played safely with careful shot placement