Sun Valley, NV
Lizard Peak Pitch & Putt Share
Uploaded By: jasonandsharon Hole #5 (Taken 3/2015)

1    4/9/2019   4/10/2019
Review By: Breh
Pros: Lizard peak pitch and putt is a perfect place for a quick round or to try to get your first ace. Every hole is super short and the course can be played with just a mid and putter. Every hole has cool tee signs with the number on them and little lizards made from I'm guessing plaster. Baskets have the number on them in Roman numerals lol and our color coded blue baskets marking the pitch and putt course. Good tee pads and layout that starts you by parking lot and brings you back. Next tee signs at the bottom of basket our well done letting you know which way to go for next tee pad. Wind gets bad but gives it a little more challenge.
Cons: Desert terrain with sage brush and rocky but the norm for this area. Holes 1 and 2 share a basket with 8 and 9 they are marked on both sides of the basket letting you know they share. Most holes our short so don't need a driver or variety of discs. The wind can be a major factor even on this short of course.
Other Thoughts: This is a perfect edition to the area and a very good compliment to the big course great for a warmup to the main course or if you want to relax a play a laid back quick round instead of trying to conquer the main lizard peak course. Awesome that is was added here and a fun play for sure

Great for Teaching New DG'ers

1    2/18/2018   2/20/2018
Review By: XMETALX
Pros: Short holes, challenging terrain, 9 holes makes it just the right length for kids and those new to the sport. This course is well designed and its very obvious that the community takes care of it.
Cons: None really, except its desert DG versus playing in a forest or open field.
Other Thoughts: I took my 9 year old here and she really enjoyed it. It's enough challenge for everyone and a great place to teach the basics. It was much better than I expected.

But Mom, I Can't Read Those Roman Numerals!

1    5/30/2016   5/31/2016
Pros: I can totally believe that this little pitch and putt course gets more player usage than it's big brother course. This little course was designed and constructed in a first class way.

The course starts just below the little picnic shelter. There is a nice little rock bench at the beginning. There is a practice basket. There are excellent tee signs. The smallish rubber mats work well for this course's 160' average hole. The baskets have the hole number listed in Roman Numerals. There are small rock signs on each hole, also listed in Roman Numerals. Who designed this course anyway, Marcus Arillias? Each basket has a next tee arrow that you'll find just under the chains. So the amenities are excellent.

The terrain is kind of desert scrub, lots of sage brush and small trees. The course design uses these trees effectively. My favorite hole here was # 3. It's a short downhill which needs a small hyser. With holes as short as 115', Ace runs are the norm for this course. I also really liked # 8 which forces you to throw either a hyser or an annie around the small tree which sits right in your line.

The Roman who designed this courses did an excellent job incorporating a variety of throws needed here.

And an interesting/creative way of using the first two baskets twice.
Cons: I'm not too keen on the paint job on the baskets here.
The course is definitely a pitch and putt.
The sagebrush makes finding yours discs rather difficult.
The desert scrub terrain is not the most visually pleasing.
Other Thoughts: I honestly feel bad about giving this course the lowest rating, too date. Believe me, I'm really a fan but I can't justify giving a 9 hole course where the longest hole is only 215' higher than a 3 rating.

And furthermore, I now wished I would paid better attention to my 6th grade math teacher, Mr. St. Martin, when he had taught us Roman Numerals. What does that V stand for? I think I understood I, II, and III but I was completely lost when that V starting popping up on the baskets!

Sun Valley Putt and Approach

5+    3/21/2015   3/23/2015
Review By: jasonandsharon
Pros: Sun Valley Disc Golf Complex! There's a lot to like here. Basically 4 9 hole courses in 1 location, 36 holes of disc golf counting the PNP. All four are on a loop that bring you right back to the central parking lot and picnic area and bathrooms. Great little putt and approach course for beginners and warm up for the insanely long pro course.
Cons: Only 7 baskets and 7 tees for 9 holes, although its really cool how they painted one side blue and left the other half Innova yellow, so it looks like different baskets depending on which side you're shooting at.
Other Thoughts: Most holes are under 100 feet although there actually is some elevation change on some of the holes. I wish more courses would have this kind of layout at the beginning. A fun play, and a much needed warmup for the 27 hole monster.

Date: 4/1/2015 Designer Response by: EricW
Hole lengths added. Shortest 115', Longest 215', Average 160'. Walk length is about 1/2 mile.

Great Youth/Beginner Course

2-4    11/25/2014   11/25/2014
Review By: Creetch
Pros: Short distance holes great for beginners.
Uses terrain and trees well
Well rounded course for learning
Cons: No signage (yet)
Small tees
Other Thoughts: So my family absolutely loves this course. My 7 and 8 year-olds have a chance to actually move effectively through the course with the possibility of making par. Although all of the shots are short, there are uphill, down hill, tree obstacles and more to this fun little course.

It seems like the more experienced throwers like this course too as I have seen more people on the youth course than the main courses.