Well Designed Forest Course
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Smooth flowing sandhill birchwooded course with well placed holes and nice topography.
Challenging technical lines with over the top options for the big guns.
Two beautiful par 4's and many aceable par 3's that aren't too easy.
Small but good warm-up area right between the start and finish.
Cons: Not that easy to find from the parking lot, a simple sign would help.
Some tee-signs are damaged or missing entirely.
The descent from the tee on hole 4 is quite steep and can be slippery.
Holes 16 and 17 are also a fairly popular children's sledding hill, be very careful when driving there!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Decent course in woods
Pros: - Good variety of hole lengths
- Baskets in good shape and some have next tee arrows
- Mix of elevation and line challenges in most holes
- 24 hour parking and info board
Cons: (mostly due to ongoing maintenance)
- Map: Holes 13 and 14 are not there and the brown spot at hole 15 is water hazard
- Signage at tees, for example some holes have a blackboard sheet used as tee sign and others are a wood post with a hole number written in marker
- Some tee pads have been removed entirely, while some others are just the wooden frames
- Design issues: holes 3 and 5 way too close to one another, path to holes gets confusing more than once, for example hole 2 to hole 3
- Safety issues: hole 4, and lots of tree stubs on some fairways
Other Thoughts: Overall, the course is decent and will definitely improve once all the maintenance is done. The course came alive for me at hole 15, so on a second playthrough I would do the 12 holes in that group on the map. Definitely use caution when you are throwing or approaching close to hole 3. Waypoint Tips: Once you are done playing hole 2, walk past the tee for hole 18 down the hill to hole 3, and once you are done at hole 3 walk up the hill to hole 4. On some holes the tee signs are not parallel and not facing the front side of a thrower, so try not to get confused. To find the course, park at the 24 hour lot near a church, cross the street, and then follow the trail leading into the woods.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.