Layout Extinct

Seatac, WA 
Seatac DGC Share
Uploaded By: Aragorn Hole #1
3 / 280ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #1 Approach

 Share URL:

Course Rating Distribution

Reviews: 42
Avg. Rating:
Clear FiltersFilter/Sort
Reviews between: and Sort By:
Exp. (in years): Played: Reviewed: Only Trusted Reviewers
 Airport course

1    5/12/2013   5/14/2013
Review By: nickrew1
Played: 77  Reviewed: 10  Exp: 4.4 Years
2 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Challenging, long holes, long teeboxes, creative lines and pin placements, fair but tricky lies if you have a bad drive.
Cons: Lack of tee signs, several long walks between holes, no garbage cans or water fountains, repetitive terrain, lack of elevation.
Other Thoughts: An interesting course for sure, but it definitely lacks the touch of any course rated better than a 3. Frustrating that neither the tee pads or baskets have number plates or tee signs. If it wasn't for the little arrow-indicators on the trees, you would have trouble playing this course. The course itself is challenging and 3 is a nice score on several holes. If you have time to kill before a flight, I definitely recommend playing here. Otherwise, skip this course until it gets the "touch" it deserves.

2 of 4 people found this review helpful.

 Good place to stop by...

1    3/24/2013   4/11/2013
Review By: DeafDiscGolfer
Played: 175  Reviewed: 16  Exp: 21.6 Years
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Well placed holes that force you to play the game properly.
- Right nearby the SeaTac airport!!
- Front 9 are bit easy to play and follow. Back 9 are hard and bit challenging.
- Some tees area are cool. Like one of the holes has nice artworks along the wall next to the tee.
Cons: - No restrooms.
- Parking lot is limited or best to park on street.
- No clear tee signs to show where basket is at and how many feet it is.
- No "next tee" signs.
Other Thoughts: Good course for experience players but not recommended for newbies.

Its the first place that you can go when you step out of the airport. Less than 10 min from there!

Don't mind to go there again when visiting Seattle in the future.

4 of 4 people found this review helpful.

 Nice layout, lacking signage

1    8/15/2011   8/24/2011
Review By: JJBladester
Played: 2  Reviewed: 2  Exp: 7.2 Years
1 Helpful / 10 Not
Pros: The course layout was very nice. There were some easy holes, but a majority of them were fairly challenging. There were a mixture of concrete and dirt approaches and frequent benches to sit on if you get tired. I would go here again if I was in the area.
Cons: Signange was missing on most of the holes making navigation very difficult. I was lost for about 25 minutes through the course of playing all 18 holes. I had to constantly walk around trying to find the next hole.
Other Thoughts: The owner of the course has anger issues. He wrote a very long and CAPITALIZED letter on the entrance sign of the course about his problem with people breaking brances. In the letter, he is rude and offensive. I understand how frustrating it must be to have people break branches instead of taking a penalty shot, but let's not turn a peaceful game into a shoutfest.

1 of 11 people found this review helpful.

 Potential Versus Actuality?

7/8/2006   3/13/2008
Review By: The Valkyrie Kid
Played: 1167  Reviewed: 1115  Exp: 39.4 Years
6 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: The course sits on a rather nice piece of land. There are many trees and lots of underbrush. The holes are long and challenging. The fairways are narrow and challenging. The roughs are dark and foreboding. If you earn a birdie here, you should be proud, they aren't easy to come by. The course is signed well enough and the tee pads are all good (cement.) The course is seldom crowded, either with players or park users.
Cons: The course gets completely overgrown during the summer months. This results in much time spent looking for lost discs in two foot high grass. A little maintenance would go along way towards improving this course. The roughs are ugly. This is definitely not a course you would play by yourself.
Other Thoughts: The course is generally geared towards the more advanced player. It's a mostly frustrating experience for us recreational players. Perhaps that why the course is seldom crowded or under- utilized as a previous reviewer reported. If 75% of the players find it to be an overwhelmingly, frustrating experience, that leaves the course to the other 25% to love and cherish as their own. The rest of us will drive 2.3 miles up the street and play Lakewood King County Park, which is always busy.

6 of 8 people found this review helpful.

Join Disc Golf Course Review for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In to add a review.
Disc Golf Center