Taylor Lake Village, TX
Taylor Lake Village DGC Share
Uploaded By: spaceguy87 Hole #8 (Taken 10/2009)

Small Park 9 hole course

2-4    4/15/2021   4/15/2021
Review By: Superbford
Pros: Well maintained
Drains well
Concrete pads
Short par 3 course
Good for beginners
Can play with small bag or even one putter
Cons: No long shots
Not many imaginative basket locations
Can get backed up on weekends
No secondary tee pads to provide 18 different holes
Other Thoughts: A nice enough 9 hole course that is good for beginners. There aren't many courses in the immediate area so this can get crowded, especially with having just 9 holes. This isn't a course I will visit often as I can play four or five better courses with the same amount of travel time from my house.

Fun, basic, short course

2-4    4/14/2019   4/20/2019
Review By: duglius
Pros: Well kept park and mowed grass, other amenities available.
Some good tree obstacles, and even a little elevation change (for Houston).
Little to no risk of lost discs.
Doesn't seem to particularly favor RHBH.
Cons: A little bit of park traffic to worry about in a few spots.
I think only one hole (#3) that feels like there's not really a good, non-luck line.
No long holes, no "hard" turns.
Other Thoughts: I think this is the best beginner course in the area. Simple and easy to see all the baskets. Probably requires a pointer to hole #1 the first time, and a peek or two at an online map, but then it's easy to follow visually after that.

Also several holes require being able to throw low, which adds a bit of interest.

Goodest among good

1    8/31/2018   9/4/2018
Review By: blake833
Pros: Once an 18 holer, this 9 hole design runs through half of a neighborhood park, typical of the Clear Lake area. The park is very lightly wooded with some older trees scattered around, and a strip or two of thick woods. The course makes great use of the field with trees, and the woods together. None of the hole designs are too outrageous or demanding, and the baskets did the job.

Speaking of hole design baskets, I don't remember what the baskets were or what they were like. Whatever this course page says they are, plus enough age to not seem new, but not old enough to be decrepit. Does that help?

And speaking of age, the grass never got to grow very long, and is all mowed. Seemed like it is usually maintained pretty well.
Cons: And speaking of grass, the tee pads were... rough. Pretty much worn strips of dirt, sometimes worn into little valleys. Very narrow, no clear front, so the hole length could be off if they were measured from the tee sign (for the holes there is a sign).

And speaking of tee signs, they were very minimal. I would not have known that these white poles were tee makers if I had not asked some locals.

And speaking of locals, I would not have been able to find my way around without them. The flow doesn't seem very intuitive at some places, and clusters of holes could easily mean you end up skipping or misplaying the course without realizing (the uninformative or missing tee markers wouldn't help either). Navigation is definitely a con if you're playing for the first time, without help. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
Other Thoughts: And speaking of navigation, if you chart a course to this coastal area of Texas, there are three pretty fun 9 holers clustered together. This is probably the best of the three, but the NASA course could overtake it if "they" ever install marked tees. But you definitely won't waste your time going here. With clear tee signs, and good pads, this course would be an easy 3.

Favorite 9 hole

5+    4/14/2018   5/3/2018
Review By: USE THE FORCE
Pros: Love how well manicured it always is.
Makes for a fun place to play when visiting my buddy who lives 2 miles away.
Unique little flow to the course.
Not overcrowded any of the times that i have played
Cons: That its not 18 holes.
any rain will cause the dirt teepads to be unusable.
can be pretty windy being near the water
Other Thoughts: I play here everytime i visit my buddy in seabrook. He plays there all the time. We love playing here because its close to the house and we can get a pretty good amount of golf in a short amount of time. Its been great for him as he is only recently starting out. last time we played we played it 4 times in a row for 36 holes as a warm up before hitting up jack brooks. Lot of golf that day

Now this is a good 9 hole course

1    6/28/2017   6/30/2017
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Baskets were in decent shape
Most tee boxes have a poll except 7
interesting holes
Very nice, well manicured park
Decent flow to the holes once you find hole 1
Cons: no distance or tee signs, just polls
Mud tee pads (It had been raining)
Hole 1 tees off away from the parking area. Without a map, it would have been hard to find.
Other Thoughts: This is a nice little 9 hole course in a small community park.
Thank goodness I had printed out a map, It would have taken me forever to find hole one. but after that, it is pretty easy to follow the course even though there are no signs, only polls on all but one hole.

Hole 1 is a nice straight shot with a low ceiling over the basket. Plenty of space on the left for right to land on shots that fall out.

Hole 2 is though the woods. Nice open shot with the tree line on the right. I skipped off the top of this basket and almost landed in the path.

Hole 3 is interesting. Probably the worst hole on the course, no "good" line to the basket that I could see. I tried to throw over the trees and landed ob past the street.

Hole 4 is a nice little uphill shot.

Hole 5 and 6 are nice holes, but nothing special.

Hole 7 is missing any markings, but there is a nice dirt spot you can't miss. Nice hole with enough distance for my roller. I really liked this hole but did not set my roller down right and took the easy 3.

Hole 8 is a basic hole up the hill with a dead tree on the right. Of course I managed to hit it and land under it.

Hole 9 is hidden behind a tree, the hole is set up perfect for my roller and I parked it for the easy bird.

I can't say enough about the condition of the park. Very short grass and well manicured park. I really enjoyed my round.

Would I play here again?

Yes I would, this is one of the better 9 hole courses I have played.

Great for a quick round

1    2/24/2017   2/24/2017
Review By: DiscNorth
Pros: 1. Has a good variety of trees and open fairways.
2. The baskets are easy to see/find.
3. Terrain is great. Just enough hills to make things interesting.
Cons: 1. Difficult to identify where the next tee-box/launch pad area is.
2. The fairways go over plenty of park roads and trails; this could make things interesting if the park has a lot of visitors.
3. Some areas hold water/mud, especially the middle holes.
Other Thoughts: Great course! It's a nice, out-of-the-way kind of park. In the evenings, the traffic at the park is manageable with playing a quick 9 holes. Also, finding the next tee-box/launch pad areas is easy if you have the DGCR app and look up a file with a map.

simple, safe, satisfying

2-4    2/26/2016   2/29/2016
Review By: richspor
Pros: The baskets are consistent. The park is well maintained and clean. An easy walk. I can't see you losing a disc here since there isn't water or thick brush after hole 1. Hole 9 is my favorite and it makes for a great roller if you can navigate past the trees.
Cons: Printing signs and installing them is literally a 1-2 day process if your trying to finish the task. The remarks in the course description leads me to believe they should be coming. You need some luck or a guide to find 3 and 4 tee boxes quickly.
Dirt tees, they could be worse. Concrete would be nice some day...

I've heard how great the 18 used to be, twice now. If you play with someone who played it before they surely will tell you how great it was. It saddens me when the land is sitting there as it was and now it has no baskets.
Other Thoughts: After hole one follow the path behind the basket to the next pole tee bad. After 2 go back east on sidewalk to next pole tee bad. After the 3rd basket go south on the road 300 feet to the next pole tee bad. Back north to 5 and you got it from there I hope. Enjoy! Hey hey hey, disc golf every day!

This course will be really cool one day

1    5/19/2015   5/19/2015
Review By: Blacky
Pros: Cool hole design, using trees and bushes to create the challenge.
Cons: Desperately needs some maps or directions as not all the holes have an obvious tee pad.
Other Thoughts: My personal preference is a park that is not that crowded, and this park has a lot to offer which brings in plenty of families. I could see it being annoying to try playing when people are aimlessly walking in front of you into the fairway. Once the course re-design is done I don't think this will be a problem.